View Poll Results: Is Israel still seeking for peace ? Read the post below :

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    54 46.15%
  • Yes

    63 53.85%
Page 105 of 138 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1378

Thread: OMG.. About 300 killed and 700 injured. Do you think Israel still seeking for peace ?

  1. #1041
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: OMG.. About 300 killed and 700 injured. Do you think Israel still seeking for pea

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    Oh don’t worry there is no mystery why you have to trot out the same clichés and lazy arsed feints every time you get challenged on your hackery. Ya know the strawman/strawman gambit, the puerile rationalizations sprinkled amongst all the trolling, your penchant for clinging to and trying to polish turds, etc etc. Sorry Junior, there aint no mystery as to what exactly your affliction is. But if you want to blame on it a loss of short term cognitive recall have at it, this would at last be one label application by you that I agree with.
    Smile, Jesus loves you.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  2. #1042
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,947

    Re: OMG.. About 300 killed and 700 injured. Do you think Israel still seeking for pea

    Quote Originally Posted by Torin View Post
    I didn't back off from the term genocide. It IS a genocide. Israelis are literally killing Palestinians in the streets. There aren't giant ovens, but Israel isn't going to stop until that land is indisputably theirs... And that entails the destruction of the natives.
    No, it is not genocide. Israeli's are neither deliberately or systematically destroying the Palestinian population. The population in Gaza has been growing, consistently, and the population growth rate in the Gaza strip is 3.4%, 7th fastest and highest growth rate for any area in the world. The genocide argument is ridiculous and debunked.


    And I've taken a logic class or two as well. I know that "bandwagon" isn't a valid argument... But it means something that America is the only country in the World who thinks what Israel is in the right, doesn't it? Maybe I'm wrong, though... American's are well known to be the most well-informed people in the World.
    This is true, IMO.


    A flat statement like, "Firstly, genocide doesn't exist," sounds like you're saying... Genocide doesn't exist. It certainly doesn't read like, "Firstly, there is no genocide in the occupied territories." And you know it doesn't. This is a non-issue anyway. I'm done with it.
    And I've already explained the meaning and context. But as you said, it's over.


    Fair question. The occupation started when the Israelis won the 6 Day War. Now you answer mine.
    No. That's a what, not a why. The question was why did the occupation start, so begin from there. Why did the 6 day war cause the occupation?


    I answered yours. Go for it.
    Happy to once you do the "why".


    That other people decide I'm being abrasive when a mod does doesn't surprise me. I expect it. You've given as much attitude as you've received. You've been condescending and rude, and I'll admit, I've been so too. If you're willing to dispense with the attitude, I am too -- but if you continue to behave as we both have thus far, you can't really expect me to just 'suck it up.'
    You began this. You will get what you give. You want this to end, all you need to do is end it, by posting civilly...which you did above. Therefore, I have no need to respond with attitude. You should, however, hear the feedback you've been given. You post intelligently, but drop the attitude with people, or that intelligence will get lost. No one's coming at you...unless you fire the first salvo.

    BTW, you never commented on my metaphor.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #1043
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    01-30-09 @ 10:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    28

    Re: OMG.. About 300 killed and 700 injured. Do you think Israel still seeking for pea

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, it is not genocide. Israeli's are neither deliberately or systematically destroying the Palestinian population. The population in Gaza has been growing, consistently, and the population growth rate in the Gaza strip is 3.4%, 7th fastest and highest growth rate for any area in the world. The genocide argument is ridiculous and debunked.
    Well over six-thousand (documented, and there's reason to believe the number of unrecorded deaths could greatly change that total) Palestinians have been killed in the past eight years. Around a thousand of those casualties were children. Israeli deaths are around six to seven hundred. How many do you think have died since the First Intifada? All of which could have been avoided had Israel respected the Palestinians' basic human rights, as opposed to the 'Iron Fist' policies they had in place at the time this all began. I don't know about the birth-rate in Gaza... I just have information on the death-rate.



    This is true, IMO.
    What, that American's are the most informed people in the World? You know I was being facetious... The majority of American's are extremely ill-informed on World events, and even the happenings in their own country.


    No. That's a what, not a why. The question was why did the occupation start, so begin from there. Why did the 6 day war cause the occupation?
    Massive acquisition of new land and occupation was the policy they chose towards that new land.

    Happy to once you do the "why".
    Check. As in the symbol, not the chess position.


    You began this. You will get what you give. You want this to end, all you need to do is end it, by posting civilly...which you did above. Therefore, I have no need to respond with attitude. You should, however, hear the feedback you've been given. You post intelligently, but drop the attitude with people, or that intelligence will get lost. No one's coming at you...unless you fire the first salvo.
    Parting snipe? Doesn't matter, I guess.

    BTW, you never commented on my metaphor.
    Where is it? I don't remember.
    Last edited by Torin; 01-23-09 at 03:32 PM.

  4. #1044
    Herzschmerz !
    Ahmed Shaheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,410

    Re: OMG.. About 300 killed and 700 injured. Do you think Israel still seeking for pea

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    OMG! Yet another liberal terror-apologist smearing Israel for fighting back!

    Yes, as always, they want peace, and as always, Muslims savagely murder their people without provocation.
    I see no terror apologizes in the issue, all I said is : Is Israel still seeking for peace, I doesnt matter is you are biased to Israel, you can say your opinion quite politely, Although your saying about Muslims is ignorant, but all I can say is that It doesnt relate to our case, stick to the thread please

  5. #1045
    Herzschmerz !
    Ahmed Shaheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,410

    Re: OMG.. About 300 killed and 700 injured. Do you think Israel still seeking for pea

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Wow, over 100 pages. Is this a new DP record?
    Am the winner
    Last edited by Ahmed Shaheen; 01-23-09 at 06:52 PM.

  6. #1046
    Herzschmerz !
    Ahmed Shaheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,410

    Re: OMG.. About 300 killed and 700 injured. Do you think Israel still seeking for pea

    I'd got a small comment on your signature Mr.American :

    “We live in the greatest country in the history of the world, and I want to invite all of you to help me change it.” — Barack Obama
    Well, note to the word "history", he didnt Necessarily meant that its a great country time being, maybe he meant any other time in the past (not too far ), thats why he called to change it back like how it was ..

  7. #1047
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,947

    Re: OMG.. About 300 killed and 700 injured. Do you think Israel still seeking for pea

    Quote Originally Posted by Torin View Post
    Well over six-thousand (documented, and there's reason to believe the number of unrecorded deaths could greatly change that total) Palestinians have been killed in the past eight years. Around a thousand of those casualties were children. Israeli deaths are around six to seven hundred. How many do you think have died since the First Intifada? All of which could have been avoided had Israel respected the Palestinians' basic human rights, as opposed to the 'Iron Fist' policies they had in place at the time this all began. I don't know about the birth-rate in Gaza... I just have information on the death-rate.
    And none of this translates into genocide. Population goes up. Birth rate goes up. Once does not see this when genocide is happening. Sorry, you are wrong.

    And all of this could have been avoided if the Palestinians had just set up their country rather than being so intent on attacking and destroying Israel.


    What, that American's are the most informed people in the World? You know I was being facetious... The majority of American's are extremely ill-informed on World events, and even the happenings in their own country.
    I figured. I was just pointing out that you were wrong.

    Massive acquisition of new land and occupation was the policy they chose towards that new land.


    Check. As in the symbol, not the chess position.
    OK, I am about to leave work. I will respond later.



    Parting snipe? Doesn't matter, I guess.
    Not at all.


    Where is it? I don't remember.
    It would discuss some of the comabativeness between us. Perhaps it is just more prudent to move on.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #1048
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,710

    Re: OMG.. About 300 killed and 700 injured. Do you think Israel still seeking for pea

    Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    His analogy is wrong and here is why. State governments were not involved except I think the inguisition. There have always been pockets of insane fanatics in every religion.

    Here is another reason. Christianity does not teach violence or murder in the name of Christianity to further Christianity. Islam does. Get over that.

    Stick to the point at hand. You didn't talk about "State Governments". You are changing your argument to fit what you think will help you win a point that you either mis-spoke about or don't understand.

    You talked about what happened over a thousand years ago not being relevant to what is happening today. THAT is why you indicated that his analogy was wrong. If you want to make another case or point then fine, acknowledge that on the initial point, he was right and you assessment was wrong. Einstein didn't say E=MC4 and then when called on it, said... no no no, it is E=MC2 and THAT is why I am right and you were wrong. The analogy here was about assessment...

    That being said, we are talking about religious leaders in the postion of authority. Governments of any kind are fair game. Theocracy, oligarchy, democracy, military dictatorship, etc. If they are lead by the religious, the his analogy is correct regardless.

    Christianity may not actively teach violence, but the Inqusition and the Crusades were EXTREMELY violent actions undertaken in the name of their religion. So were the Salem Witch Trials... as far as affecting percentage of population, the trials were a really big deal. How is that any different than radical Islamists hi-jacking Islam today? It is like you are saying, since there are a billion Chinese and they are an extremely oppressive society that invades and rules innocent Tibet, then Budhists are violent too... the crazy budhist saren gas attacks, etc.

    See how far off point I am getting in order to make a point... that is you. Deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  9. #1049
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,710

    Re: OMG.. About 300 killed and 700 injured. Do you think Israel still seeking for pea

    Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    No, you are twisting my words. Christianity does not teach murder and violence. Islam does.
    Perhaps you can show where the Qu'ran TEACHES Muslims to murder then?


    I have shown passages from the Koran that state that very clearly. Now you are going to have to show us passages from the New Testament and the words of Jesus and his disciples who wrote the New Testament to back up your words. Please go ahead.
    Uh-hum.... *clears throat*

    Now, I hate to rain on your little ego trip, or whatever...
    But you don't get to set the rules as you go along...
    Christianity comprises the New and the OLD Testament...

    Deal with it...


    I don't agree you have proven me incorrect. Saying you have is not proof.
    Great counter argument...



    The New Testament is the book of Christianity teachings. It does not teach to murder and commit violence to further Christianity. The Koran does.
    The Old Testament teaches murder and violence.
    It also teaches fathers to sell their kids and whore their daughters...

    The Old Testament IS part of Christianity...

    This really is a losing position that you have, and all anybody that is interested needs to do is to go look up O.T. quotes to see the obviousness of what I, and Ego are saying...
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  10. #1050
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,710

    Re: OMG.. About 300 killed and 700 injured. Do you think Israel still seeking for pea

    Quote Originally Posted by Torin View Post
    Wait, wait... 36(ish) years of Occupation and genocide aren't cause (I'm guessing that's what you mean by initial retaliation...) enough to retaliate? Before you make these kinds of statements, it might do you well to actually know about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
    The boring and juvenile debate section is in the Basement.
    Go there and get your feet wet before you start with this blather upstairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •