We are alone
I don't think we'd have to fear conquest for our resources if LGM existed. But as there is no evidence that they do, it's probably a moot point.
Last edited by Oftencold; 12-26-08 at 11:11 PM.
If you ever watch Stern there is a woman that he used to have on his show that I have no doubt was abducted or something. Her stories are just to visual and real. Plus others have had same thing happen to them. It is an interesting topic
Maybe a local paper occasionally reports that someone claims they saw one. Any newspaper with any credibility would never claim that it was true.Originally Posted by Kali
80% are lying. The other 20% are deluded.Originally Posted by Kali
Because it's ingrained in popular culture. In the Southern US, people claim to see Elvis. In Latin America, people claim to see the Virgin Mary. In England, people claim to see ghosts.Originally Posted by Kali
The people who claim to have been abducted mostly just want attention. I'd liken it to someone who falsely claims they were raped.
Last edited by Kandahar; 12-27-08 at 02:20 AM.
Are you coming to bed?
I can't. This is important.
Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD
I think they will be fully capable of measuring intelligence, absolutely. We are certainly capable of noting the difference in intelligence between an elephant and a lizard, so I am sure they'll be far more capable than we are of evaluating our level of intelligence.
But I am trying to see things from the perspective of these creatures that are far more intelligent than we are. If they are enough more intelligent, they won't think there is that much difference between a giraffe and humans. It all depends on how much more intelligent than us they are.
I believe they will have to be so much more intellegent than we are that they will consider the difference between us and a giraffe inconsequential. From our perspective, that is outrageous. I think they will find our outrage amusing, pat us on our heads and then proceed to dissect us.
Let me put it this way: Suppose we use some measure, we'll call it the Universal Intelligence Scale or UIS, to gauge intelligence. Suppose giraffes average 25, dogs and cats 35, elephants and dolphins 60 and humans 100. I believe space travelling aliens would measure something like 1000 or more on such a scale. The difference between them and us will entirely outpace the difference between us and giraffes.
There might be some 'specialist' from among their population that thinks we're interesting at some point. What that specialist does to us in order to study us depends on alot of things, but I doubt they'll be considering whether or not we'll be harmed in the process.
So, yes, they'll be capable of recognizing intelligent life, and to them, we just won't even be in the running.
(Yoda at 3:00) YouTube - Ancient UFO encounters
YouTube - Ancient Ufos and Aliens
YouTube - UFOs in the Bible, Seek out the UFO Connection Documentary Part I
I was mainly lookin for stuff on Aliens before christianity but ran into some other things. This one NSFW if you have sound on. I guess just ignore the new age stuff.
YouTube - Aliens Encient Egypt Underground bases and more great lies
YouTube - UFO ALIEN -Sumarian Origins of Humans Part 1
Is society was made of coral our world would be floral.
Last edited by creativedreams; 12-27-08 at 09:10 AM.
The Bad News: Aliens will be tremendously hostile because they only came here because inadvertently SETI has been calling them "dirty glapbroid-suckers" in their language over the past twenty years. This is a terrible insult in the Kracklapo-mow-mow culture.
The Good News: Their weaponry is specifically designed to kill Silicon-based life forms and will only cause a slightly irritating itch in the back of human throats. The war will be over quite quickly.
Tucker Case - Tard magnet.