View Poll Results: See OP: Have the US soldiers committed a crime?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2 5.71%
  • No

    33 94.29%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 103

Thread: Is this a crime?

  1. #51
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,422
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is this a crime?

    Some people here seem to be confused as to the difference between a police action and a war.
    The fact that some of the politically correct called the Korean War a police action really riled many, including me.
    In Iraq, however things are a bit different .
    Is this officially a police action or a war ??
    I do not know..
    The troops over there are the ones to answer this question...

  2. #52
    Sportbike Fanatic
    rsixing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    01-25-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,327

    Re: Is this a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Some people here seem to be confused as to the difference between a police action and a war.
    The fact that some of the politically correct called the Korean War a police action really riled many, including me.
    In Iraq, however things are a bit different .
    Is this officially a police action or a war ??
    I do not know..
    The troops over there are the ones to answer this question...
    IMO irrespective of whether or not someone called the preemptive invasion of Iraq a war or a police action at the beginning it's now neither. Now it's an occupation.

  3. #53
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is this a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    Would you fire if there was a slim chance of killing the insurgent and a high chance of killing civilians? Where do you draw the line between doing your job (ensure the stability of the Iraqi government and safety of its citizens) and saving yourself?
    You havent been in combat, have you?

    While US servicemen are trained to used aimed semi-auto fire at specific, identifiable targets, there are many many times where this is impossible.

    At those moments, there's no way for the soldier to judge 'chances'.

  4. #54
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Is this a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You havent been in combat, have you?

    While US servicemen are trained to used aimed semi-auto fire at specific, identifiable targets, there are many many times where this is impossible.

    At those moments, there's no way for the soldier to judge 'chances'.
    If you lose your judgment when you enter combat, then maybe you aren't cut out for the job.

  5. #55
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is this a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    If you lose your judgment when you enter combat, then maybe you aren't cut out for the job.
    So, where did you see combat?

  6. #56
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Is this a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So, where did you see combat?
    I never said I did. I value human life more than some and would be ill suited to be in the military.

  7. #57
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is this a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    I never said I did.
    I see.
    So, you arent really qualified to specify the level of jidgement necessary to engage in combat to the standards set by the US military.

    In other words, YOU stating that "If you lose your judgment when you enter combat, then maybe you aren't cut out for the job" doesnt mean much.

    I value human life more than some and would be ill suited to be in the military.
    Just so lonmg as you realize that your standards are meaningless in the real world, that's fine

  8. #58
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Is this a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I see.
    So, you arent really qualified to specify the level of jidgement necessary to engage in combat to the standards set by the US military.

    In other words, YOU stating that "If you lose your judgment when you enter combat, then maybe you aren't cut out for the job" doesnt mean much.


    Just so lonmg as you realize that your standards are meaningless in the real world, that's fine
    So you think my opinion is less valuable because I haven't had a violent life?

    You say my standards are meaningless, but they are exactly what separates me from people like you.

  9. #59
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is this a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    So you think my opinion is less valuable because I haven't had a violent life?
    No... your opinion is less valuable because you don't know what you're talking about.

    You say my standards are meaningless, but they are exactly what separates me from people like you.
    Yes.. the difference being that YOU dont have a clue; and that people like me do.
    A seperation I'm happy to maintain.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 12-29-08 at 10:41 AM.

  10. #60
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Is this a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    No... your opinion is less valuable because you don't know what you're talking about.
    I know if I had to choose between killing 50 people (1 shooting at me and 49 innocent) and losing my life. I would rather lose my own life.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •