View Poll Results: Would You Support Polygamy

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    41 43.62%
  • No

    27 28.72%
  • Undecided but open to either side.

    3 3.19%
  • I couldn't care less either way.

    23 24.47%
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 218

Thread: Polygamy: Why not?

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Polygamy: Why not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Many of us are, especially once committed.
    Well good for them, many of us aren't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    First you said divorce was damaging to society, now you say monogamy is damaging to society (but don't say how). You forgot terrorism. Terrorism is damaging to society, too! I still can't see why you believe any of this is relevant to polygamy.
    You're just proving my point which is There are a lot of things damaging to society, what makes polygamy any worse or better than any of them.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Polygamy: Why not?

    P.S. I'm not a polygamist, nor do I necessarily condone it. I'm just taking the side of the argument that seems to be lacking players atm

  3. #63
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Polygamy: Why not?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Well just compare the percentage of polygamist relationships that go awry and the number of monogamous relationships that go ass up. Just giving you another point to view this from. Don't get uppity with me, Euro.
    What difference does it make what the damn divorce rate is?

    Actually yeah. Some people never quite recover from broken families.
    Yeah cause it would have a great impact on a child who has a father with other multiple wives and children.

    Some monogamous families and more divorced families make broken homes, and **** can go downhill very fast.
    What? Oh yes, because a man is so much more DEDICATED to his indivisual relationships in multiple marriages.


    Bringing Africa into the equation? Well don't ask. Africa is your problem, Europe.
    Apparently not when we stopped importing that GM **** you guys tried to force down our throats.

    So we can only love one person? or just one at a time? I find that hard to believe.
    Nice sweeping generalizations of American dudes. It's not dudes that throw **** out on the street when their girl cheats on them, or burns their ****, or keys their car. Most of the time we repay them in kind...and bang their sister.
    Just because you lack the natural emotions of jelously for your loved ones doesnt make it a generalization, infact your type is in the minority.
    Relationships are bound to trust and faithfullness, something which is lacking in polygamy.

    Lol, hypocrit much? (see bold)

    Chicks do it to. Or are we only debating the arguments that can be labeled misogyny here?
    Do what, cheat? No say.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  4. #64
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Polygamy: Why not?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Well good for them, many of us aren't.
    The same people who divorce and shouldnt be married in the first place. Jump from gf to gf, whats so important about marriage papers if you disregard relationships so much?
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  5. #65
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Polygamy: Why not?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    You're just proving my point which is There are a lot of things damaging to society, what makes polygamy any worse or better than any of them.
    Are you arguing that we should legalize everything that is damaging to society because there are lots of things that are damaging to society? I'm really having difficulty following your train of thought.

  6. #66
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Polygamy: Why not?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    P.S. I'm not a polygamist, nor do I necessarily condone it. I'm just taking the side of the argument that seems to be lacking players atm
    Yet you result to ad hom and your pathetic snarky comments when debating with me.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  7. #67
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Polygamy: Why not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Are you arguing that we should legalize everything that is damaging to society because there are lots of things that are damaging to society? I'm really having difficulty following your train of thought.
    There is none thats the point.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Polygamy: Why not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Are you arguing that we should legalize everything that is damaging to society because there are lots of things that are damaging to society? I'm really having difficulty following your train of thought.
    are you suggest we criminalize everything that is damaging to society? One famous failure of this idea was American Prohibition. And look what it got us: Organized Crime.

  9. #69
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: Polygamy: Why not?

    I am fine with polygamy as long as the government stops granting privileges based on marital status.
    From the ashes.

  10. #70
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Polygamy: Why not?

    I really couldn't care less about polygamy one way or the other, whether it's legal or not. I don't think it has any meaningful effect on me or society in general. If a guy (or girl) wants to have multiple spouses, and the spouses are okay with it, then it's fine by me.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •