View Poll Results: Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes we will see them and they are justified.

    5 7.81%
  • Yes we will see them but they will not be justified.

    4 6.25%
  • No we will not see them but they would have been justified.

    21 32.81%
  • No we will not see them and they would not have been justified.

    34 53.13%
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 285

Thread: Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

  1. #11
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-08-14 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by MachuPicchu View Post
    . . . It is not about revenge, it is about justice. . .
    In most people's minds, these are identical concepts.

  2. #12
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-08-14 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by MachuPicchu View Post
    . . . no longer the case with the free flow of information due to the advent of the internet. . .
    Information may flow freely, but were it absorbed freely, I expect that the general public in the West would be so terrified by what they learned of Militant Islam, that they might well laud Bush an Cheney as the heroes of the age, and demand greater military action.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-08-14 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDavies View Post
    Ah!
    Very interesting, accusations from a swindler, who headed a decadent and useless boondoggle.

    And he has such a good record of preventing conflict and terrorism, too in the Imaginary World where the U.N. is relevant.

    Well that should certainly lead to something. Dismissal Annan's statements out of hand comes to mind.

  4. #14
    Banned Billo_Really's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HBCA
    Last Seen
    01-14-09 @ 09:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    18,930

    Re: Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    You are either lying or fooling yourself when you say this is not a right verses left/fringe issue.The only ones screaming war criminal are the die hard Bush bashers,the Cindy Sheehans,Code pink and other retards.
    It's more like the only ones who are arguing against war crimes trials are those treasonous American's who give blind allegiance to the flag much like the Christian Germans did with Hitler in Weimar Germany many years ago. I think you'd make a very good German. Never question. Always obey. The government is always right, even when it's wrong. If the government doesn't abide by the Supreme Law of the Land, it's okay. I really don't see how you sleep at night or tell people you're an American citizen. Because the things you say are un-American and the things you do show that you really don't care about your civic duty to this country.

  5. #15
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    151,580

    Re: Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDavies View Post
    He's an idiot whose opinions should matter not to anyone who values American sovereignty and american Primacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  6. #16
    Banned Billo_Really's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HBCA
    Last Seen
    01-14-09 @ 09:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    18,930

    Re: Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    Information may flow freely, but were it absorbed freely, I expect that the general public in the West would be so terrified by what they learned of Militant Islam, that they might well laud Bush an Cheney as the heroes of the age, and demand greater military action.
    Until they bring forth such evidence, the majority of American's have said, "Is that it? Is this all you've got?"

    I bet if Dick Cheney walked into your family's home, walked over to your mother, put a shotgun to her head and pulled the trigger, you'd think it was done for national security reason's and be okay with it.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    12-21-08 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15

    Re: Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    Ah!
    Very interesting, accusations from a swindler, who headed a decadent and useless boondoggle.

    And he has such a good record of preventing conflict and terrorism, too in the Imaginary World where the U.N. is relevant.

    Well that should certainly lead to something. Dismissal Annan's statements out of hand comes to mind.
    All completely irrelevant. You didn't even try to counter the charge that the Iraq war broke international law. You tried to slander instead. Very telling.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    He's an idiot whose opinions should matter not to anyone who values American sovereignty and american Primacy.
    Alright Slobodan.

  8. #18
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    151,580

    Re: Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
    Until they bring forth such evidence, the majority of American's have said, "Is that it? Is this all you've got?"

    I bet if Dick Cheney walked into your family's home, walked over to your mother, put a shotgun to her head and pulled the trigger, you'd think it was done for national security reason's and be okay with it.
    I think you are lying but if he did that-you would blame the shotgun.
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  9. #19
    Banned Billo_Really's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HBCA
    Last Seen
    01-14-09 @ 09:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    18,930

    Re: Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    He's an idiot whose opinions should matter not to anyone who values American sovereignty and american Primacy.
    He was also the Secretary General of the UN and it was his job to know UN policy. Think what you want to about Kofi, but you cannot take that fact away from him. It would be like someone you've consulted to think you don't know anything about court procedure's.

  10. #20
    Banned Billo_Really's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HBCA
    Last Seen
    01-14-09 @ 09:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    18,930

    Re: Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I think you are lying but if he did that-you would blame the shotgun.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •