View Poll Results: Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes we will see them and they are justified.

    5 7.81%
  • Yes we will see them but they will not be justified.

    4 6.25%
  • No we will not see them but they would have been justified.

    21 32.81%
  • No we will not see them and they would not have been justified.

    34 53.13%
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 285

Thread: Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

  1. #91
    Banned Billo_Really's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HBCA
    Last Seen
    01-14-09 @ 09:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    18,930

    Re: Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    Please cite your incontrovertible proof, I'd like to read and critique it. I look forward to it.
    Here's one of many of Bush's lies...Here's another one...Or how about this one regarding Bush's false claims about the "yellowcake" in Niger Hussein was trying to get to make his "bomb"?
    Ilana Mercer, "'Just War' for dummies," WorldNetDaily, March 12, 2003: "In the 2,000 kilometers he crisscrossed in three weeks of searching for nuclear-development activities, in the 75 facilities examined, in 218 nuclear inspections at 141 sites, including 21 newly discovered sites, Hans Blix's colleague, Dr. Mohamed ElBaradei, met with an 'overall deterioration' and disrepair in Iraqi infrastructure. No trace of firing up production, North Korea or Iran-style. ... The account makes polite mention of an investigation into reports (spread by the U.S.) regarding Iraq's uranium transactions. They were 'not authentic,' which is a refined way of informing reasonable minds what the American power-worshipping chattering classes (and networks) criminally conceal: They were forgeries, folks!"
    This was one of the examples of the "intel at the time" not going along with the Bush mantra. However, this comes from the actual nuclear experts at the UN. If anyone should know what Iraq was doing with any nuclear aspirations, it would be the IAEA. But Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld, just blew them off! I could go on, but it's getting late.

    I will say you still haven't addressed the point I raised earlier about us attacking a country that did not attack us first. How can you possibly consider yourself taking the "high ground" (as you stated on the other thread), when you are trying to justify a decision that has resulted in over a million people losing their lives and over 5 million people forced from their homes that are now living as refugees? How can you possibly consider yourself morally superior when you defend what we've done to these people? And it won't matter how much you say I need to read about Islam, you still haven't offered any evidence to refute what I just stated.

  2. #92
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-08-14 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    . . .

    Yet the guy whose JOB it is is to PROTECT the constitution should be ALLOWED to KEEP his job after calling it a 'goddamned piece of paper' (yes, the words come out of Bush's mouth) is a SLAP IN THE FACE to EACH AN EVERY ONE OF THE FOUNDING FATHERS. . .
    From FactCheck.org:
    Q: Did President Bush call the Constitution a "goddamned piece of paper?"
    Is it true that President Bush called the Constitution a "goddamned piece of paper?" He has never denied it, and it appears that there were several witnesses
    .

    A:Extremely unlikely. The Web site that reported those words has a history of quoting phony sources and retracting bogus stories.
    LINK
    You see how easy it is to be more accurate if you check these things?
    Last edited by Oftencold; 12-23-08 at 03:25 AM.

  3. #93
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,473

    Re: Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    I see.
    Obviously you don't since you felt compelled to leave out the rest of the statement, which explained why international law is irrelevent.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #94
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,473

    Re: Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Talk View Post
    My post said that IF one desires to have george bush put on TRIAL for war crimes, that you would first need to achieve and acknowlegement of this courts juristiction. I knew most of you would not want this to happen, for this forum is quite nationalistic, and rather blind to the sins of its leadership. But this is another matter. As is weather the U.S. should or should not undertake such a policy.
    So it is nationalistic to uphold our constitutional sovereignity over a world body that is trying to usurp it?



    IF u want bush (or future presidents) on trial in a world court, the method to achieve this is pursuing an acknowlegement of the relevant international courts juristiction over u.s. citizens actions (in relation to international crimes).
    So WE in the U.S.A. have to give up OUR rights to self-governance to make YOU and YOUR country feel better? Not gonna happen.

    Until this is done, george bush, or any other president, will not see an international court trial.
    Good, because the concept of international law is a joke.



    And as I say (I guess this one is open to legal debate, as I am not sure of the exact wording and interpretations of relevant laws), I believe that pursuing charges of treason aggainst George Bush and his war mongering cabal (for misrepresenting inteligence). Although I am not a supporter of the death penalty, I belive that the relevant charge for treason would be execution, and I would not be in favor of any 'special treatment' in aplication of the law for someone who once presided as a governer of the state with roughly (or is it exactly?) death penalty sentances per anum.
    There was no treason, plain and simple.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #95
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,473

    Re: Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Because they had the courage to stand up and say out loud 'NO! A WAR WITH IRAQ IS WRONG!!" in spite of the consequences, the attacks against their character, the association with 9-11 and how by being against the war in Iraq = support for OBL, Saddam Hussein, etc.
    Yeah, because Cindy Sheehan, Code Pink, and Michael Moore had impeccible character to begin with Sheesh, the anti-war crowd never ceases to amaze me, we can debate the merits of the war any time, and I am not saying it was right or wrong to go in, but the idiots on the extreme anti-war crowd don't care if we make a mistake leaving a power vacuum in that country that would ultimately land more terrorist attacks on our doorsteps(yes it would happen if AQ, Iran, or Syria got a hold of the country after an immediate withdrawal), they just want their way like spoiled children, and their tantrums are actually even more annoying than that of a spoiled child and less intelligent.

    Rather than caving into 'intelligence' which to the attentive person was clearly somwhere between an attempt at 'warmongering' and completely fabricated (which, thankfully I was right on that one... because for how dangerous Saddam was claimed to be, if he DID have these WMD's he would have unleashed them with the grandest fury he could muster before his inevitable defeat. It's like, say you're at the bar and you see a guy with a gun, a reasonable analogy would be to choose that guy walk up and punch him in the face... in other words, you'd be BEGGING to get shot)
    How do you figure this intelligence was specifically geared towards "warmongering", the burden of proof is on you, lest you want to look like you are simply trying make a specific opinion credible.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    12-14-09 @ 05:19 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,772

    Re: Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

    [QUOTE=LaMidRighter;1057857769]
    So WE in the U.S.A. have to give up OUR rights to self-governance to make YOU and YOUR country feel better? Not gonna happen.

    There was no treason, plain and simple.


    You fail to comprehend the word IF. And are going on ignore.
    For failing to comprehend the word IF.
    Think on that.
    IF I want to drink chlorine bleach, i must first unscrew the lid on the bottle and tip the contents of it into my mouth.

    Do you udnerstand?
    The IF means that it is not a question of "should I do this" but "how would one go about doing that, were that their desire"

    IF.

    It is not a complex word, and it was capitalised for a reason (because peoplefail to read here). I recomend you smarten up. Because you just got served.

    So yeah. Either a troll, or not worth talking to to due to inability to grasp basic qualifier statements. Ignored.
    Goodbye.

    As for the treason charge I make,I will nto discuss it with people that struggle with the word "if".
    Last edited by Real Talk; 12-23-08 at 08:35 AM.

  7. #97
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Talk View Post
    My post said that IF one desires to have george bush put on TRIAL for war crimes, that you would first need to achieve and acknowlegement of this courts juristiction. I knew most of you would not want this to happen, for this forum is quite nationalistic, and rather blind to the sins of its leadership. But this is another matter. As is weather the U.S. should or should not undertake such a policy.

    My statement is factualy corect.
    Yes, well, IF you put a big enough engine on a pig, it will fly -- an equally correct, and equaly meaningless statement.

    There is no point in debating this with me...
    ...because you arent interested in actually debating.

    And as I say (I guess this one is open to legal debate, as I am not sure of the exact wording and interpretations of relevant laws), I believe that pursuing charges of treason aggainst George Bush...
    Treason would be a domestic charge. Given the definition, it is unsupportable.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    12-14-09 @ 05:19 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,772

    Re: Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

    I dont know why I clicked view post.

    If someone says "I want to make a flying pig", I would likely suggest, "IF that is what you want, I would sugges that you might want to find a way to put an engine on one. Because I dont think making it grow wings is going to work"

    Please forgive me for being able to seperate questions of should and how.

    As for treason, it would obviously be a domestic charge (crime against the state... lol....). I cant be bothered trying to find out why you would object to such a trial or why you would think that it would not work, and will not be clicking view post again for people on ignore again in this thread.

  9. #99
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Talk View Post
    I dont know why I clicked view post.

    If someone says "I want to make a flying pig", I would likely suggest, "IF that is what you want, I would sugges that you might want to find a way to put an engine on one. Because I dont think making it grow wings is going to work"

    Please forgive me for being able to seperate questions of should and how.
    Clearly, you missed the point of my post.

    As for treason, it would obviously be a domestic charge (crime against the state... lol....).
    That's not the definition of treason.

    I ...will not be clicking view post again for people on ignore again in this thread.
    You're just mad because you couldn't defend a position, and were thread-banned for reverting to childish behavior.
    I see things havent changed.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 12-23-08 at 10:13 AM.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    12-14-09 @ 05:19 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,772

    Re: Will we see war crime prosecutions, and are they justified?

    God damn.
    My curiosity seems to have gotten the better of me again
    anyways
    Dictionary.com

    trea⋅son

    –noun
    1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.
    2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.
    3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.



    Both of you. You need to learn to use the english language before you debate.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •