View Poll Results: What is "common sense" gun control?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Federal registration of guns

    16 47.06%
  • Federal licensing of gun owners

    13 38.24%
  • Instant background checks for dealer transfers

    18 52.94%
  • Instant background checks for private transfers

    15 44.12%
  • 5-day waiting periods for handgun purchases

    10 29.41%
  • 5-day waiting period for all gun purchases

    9 26.47%
  • Ban guns from felons and those adjudicated ‘mentally infirm’

    25 73.53%
  • Ban handguns

    2 5.88%
  • Ban ‘assault weapons’

    4 11.76%
  • Other (specify)

    11 32.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 231

Thread: What is "common sense" gun control?

  1. #141
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    How do you explain that -you- cannot understand my argument, while everyone else here, can and does?

    They may not agree with it, and they have done their darndest to show that it is unsound, but they -certainly- undestand it.

    What do they posess that you do not?
    Its not what they possess. They assume. I'd love for someone to explain your complete argument since you lack the communication skills to do so. Then we will see if they assumed correctly.

  2. #142
    Educator Invayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Present
    Last Seen
    07-22-16 @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    817

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I was looking for "none of the above" .
    So was I.

  3. #143
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    Its not what they possess. They assume. I'd love for someone to explain your complete argument since you lack the communication skills to do so. Then we will see if they assumed correctly.
    Ah -- the 'I'm to smart to understand what everyone else does" argument.



    Keep thinking that, and let those of us who have an interest in honestly discussing the issue go back to doing do.

  4. #144
    Educator Invayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Present
    Last Seen
    07-22-16 @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    817

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    What do you mean by "those adjudicated ‘mentally infirm’ ?

    I mean, I know they're trying to keep guns away from soldiers who came back from the war with PTSD. I hope that's not who you mean. How about people that take anti-depressants? Should they be banned from owning guns too?

  5. #145
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Ah -- the 'I'm to smart to understand what everyone else does" argument.



    Keep thinking that, and let those of us who have an interest in honestly discussing the issue go back to doing do.
    Don't put words in my mouth. I never said intelligence was the issue. I merely try to make as few assumptions as possible, thus my stream of questions at you (which you continue to dodge).

    Your dodging is getting old. Here are your options:

    1. Outline your argument and how it applies to the real world.
    2. Dodge the question and insist that it is me with the problem, confirming my suspicion that your tactics are dubious.

  6. #146
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,515

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Invayne View Post
    What do you mean by "those adjudicated ‘mentally infirm’ ?

    I mean, I know they're trying to keep guns away from soldiers who came back from the war with PTSD. I hope that's not who you mean. How about people that take anti-depressants? Should they be banned from owning guns too?
    Sure, why not. If you're on any kind of mind ****ing medication you shouldn't be allowed to purchase guns. This goes for convicted drug users and people on anything other then over the counter meds.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #147
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Yes... and this then creates an infringement on the right to arms.
    How is it an infringement? I am not denying your right to bear arms. I am only making sure you have the right.


    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You cannot buy the gun until you undergo the check, and you undego the check because you might be breaking the law. Prior restraint.
    No, you undergo the check to make sure you haven't broken the law previously and thus still have the right to own a gun.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  8. #148
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    09-25-16 @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,365

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    How is it an infringement? I am not denying your right to bear arms. I am only making sure you have the right.
    It creates a precondition that by necessity means that it no longer is a right, but a privilege. You don't need to ask for permission from "daddy" to do something that is an inherent right.

    Licensing is a form of permission asking.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #149
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    04-04-14 @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,233

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Personally I'd take weapons away from the state except for local police and emergencies.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  10. #150
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sacramento California
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 12:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    706

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Bans for felons fall outside the "law abiding" requirement.
    Background checks infringe on the rights of the law abiding.
    How then do you propose we keep guns out of the hands of felons? Would a simple "I promise that I am not a felon" suffice?
    As a law abiding citizen I have no problem whatsoever with being subject to a background check to prove that I am. Haven't been wrongfully accused of being a felon yet.
    "We may have destroyed this country, but we got rich doing it!" --The GOP
    There is a special place in hell for those who care only about themselves.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •