View Poll Results: What is "common sense" gun control?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Federal registration of guns

    16 47.06%
  • Federal licensing of gun owners

    13 38.24%
  • Instant background checks for dealer transfers

    18 52.94%
  • Instant background checks for private transfers

    15 44.12%
  • 5-day waiting periods for handgun purchases

    10 29.41%
  • 5-day waiting period for all gun purchases

    9 26.47%
  • Ban guns from felons and those adjudicated ‘mentally infirm’

    25 73.53%
  • Ban handguns

    2 5.88%
  • Ban ‘assault weapons’

    4 11.76%
  • Other (specify)

    11 32.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 231

Thread: What is "common sense" gun control?

  1. #131
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel Sanders View Post
    Fine then. Does military possession of artillery weaponry mean that possession of artillery is not dangerous? After all, if it were dangerous, nobody would be permitted to have it, right?
    Artillery isn't part of the discssion. I thought that was clear...?

  2. #132
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    If you had thje slightest idea what my argument was, you's understand why there doesnt seed to be a single 'real life' example for it to be sound.

    I suggest you start at post #73 and work backwards.
    When you have questions, ask.
    Let me get this straight, your argument does not have to align with actual fact for it to be sound? Sounds like someone forgot their crazy pills.

  3. #133
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    Let me get this straight, your argument does not have to align with actual fact for it to be sound? Sounds like someone forgot their crazy pills.


    When you have some clue as to what my argument is, please get back to me.

  4. #134
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,655

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    I was looking for "none of the above" .

  5. #135
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post


    When you have some clue as to what my argument is, please get back to me.
    When you decide to settle on something concrete instead of a jumble of vague statements and debunks, let me know.

  6. #136
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    When you decide to settle on something concrete instead of a jumble of vague statements and debunks, let me know.
    Just so you know -- nothing you've posted here has affected the validity of my argument in any way.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 12-18-08 at 04:16 PM.

  7. #137
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Just so you know -- nothing you've posted here has affected the validity of my argument in anyway.
    You can say its valid all you want, but I've successfully shown that it has no place in the real world. If you're not talking about Gun Control and its effects on the real citizen then I guess we're done here.

  8. #138
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    You can say its valid all you want, but I've successfully shown that it has no place in the real world.
    You havent shown squat.
    In fact, I dont think you can show that you understand what my argument is in the first place.

  9. #139
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You havent shown squat.
    In fact, I dont think you can show that you understand what my argument is in the first place.
    You're just proving my point over and over by your lack of response to the question.

    Of course I can't show that I understand your argument, even you are unable to understand it. That's why you haven't clarified yourself in any way and instead send me on a wild goose chase. The only response you can come up with to my questions is "you don't understand my argument, but I really do have one and it is sound. Go find it."

  10. #140
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    Of course I can't show that I understand your argument...
    How do you explain that -you- cannot understand my argument, while everyone else here, can and does?

    They may not agree with it, and they have done their darndest to show that it is unsound, but they -certainly- undestand it.

    What do they posess that you do not?

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •