View Poll Results: What is "common sense" gun control?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Federal registration of guns

    16 47.06%
  • Federal licensing of gun owners

    13 38.24%
  • Instant background checks for dealer transfers

    18 52.94%
  • Instant background checks for private transfers

    15 44.12%
  • 5-day waiting periods for handgun purchases

    10 29.41%
  • 5-day waiting period for all gun purchases

    9 26.47%
  • Ban guns from felons and those adjudicated ‘mentally infirm’

    25 73.53%
  • Ban handguns

    2 5.88%
  • Ban ‘assault weapons’

    4 11.76%
  • Other (specify)

    11 32.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 231

Thread: What is "common sense" gun control?

  1. #121
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel Sanders View Post
    You're just dodging. You are well aware of what an analogy is.
    Sorry to keep you on topic.

  2. #122
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Sorry to keep you on topic.
    Just because you don't want to address my points does not mean I am off topic

  3. #123
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel Sanders View Post
    Just because you don't want to address my points does not mean I am off topic
    No, the fact that you are trying to interject someting not part of the discussion into the discussion means you're going off-topic.

    If you cannot make your point while remaining within the topic of conversation, then you cannot make your point.

    Was there anything else?

  4. #124
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    No, the fact that you are trying to interject someting not part of the discussion into the discussion means you're going off-topic.

    If you cannot make your point while remaining within the topic of conversation, then you cannot make your point.

    Was there anything else?
    I was providing a clear counterexample. If you can't deal with that we appear to be at am impasse

  5. #125
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel Sanders View Post
    I was providing a clear counterexample. If you can't deal with that we appear to be at am impasse
    You can deliver as many off-topic counterexamples as you want -- being off-topic renders then irrelevant.

    Simple posession of a -firearm- harms no one.
    Simple posession of a -firearm- is a danger to no one.
    Your reference to -nuclear weapons- does nothing to change this.

  6. #126
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Great. Explain how my argument is unsound.


    I have done this at least three times, on this thread alone.
    I'm going to give you permission to shove this in my face. I've read through this thread and have not seen one real life example given by you.

    I'm starting to believe you are incapable of supporting your argument with real life examples and instead rely solely on debunking those presented by others. Please prove me wrong or continue avoiding the fact and making it glaringly obvious to everyone that your intentions are dubious.

  7. #127
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    I'm going to give you permission to shove this in my face. I've read through this thread and have not seen one real life example given by you.
    I'm not at all sure why, given my argument regarding how licensing and registration create an infringement, I -need- to provide a real life example.

    If you can explain how my argument is unsound, please do so.
    If you have a specific question regarding my argument, please ask.

  8. #128
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You can deliver as many off-topic counterexamples as you want -- being off-topic renders then irrelevant.

    Simple posession of a -firearm- harms no one.
    Simple posession of a -firearm- is a danger to no one.
    Your reference to -nuclear weapons- does nothing to change this.
    Fine then. Does military possession of artillery weaponry mean that possession of artillery is not dangerous? After all, if it were dangerous, nobody would be permitted to have it, right?

  9. #129
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I'm not at all sure why, given my argument regarding how licensing and registration create an infringement, I -need- to provide a real life example.

    If you can explain how my argument is unsound, please do so.
    If you have a specific question regarding my argument, please ask.
    And I'm not sure why anyone would make your argument when they clearly cannot prove that it is valid through "common-sense". If you can't see why real life examples are important when considering laws then you really have no business arguing about them.

    Its such a simple question, does your refusal or inability to answer it make you feel uncomfortable with your position at all? If not then you truly are blind.

  10. #130
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    And I'm not sure why anyone would make your argument when they clearly cannot prove that it is valid through "common-sense".
    If you had the slightest idea what my argument was, you's understand why there doesnt seed to be a single 'real life' example for it to be sound.

    I suggest you start at post #73 and work backwards.
    When you have questions, ask.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 12-18-08 at 03:47 PM.

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •