View Poll Results: What is "common sense" gun control?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Federal registration of guns

    16 47.06%
  • Federal licensing of gun owners

    13 38.24%
  • Instant background checks for dealer transfers

    18 52.94%
  • Instant background checks for private transfers

    15 44.12%
  • 5-day waiting periods for handgun purchases

    10 29.41%
  • 5-day waiting period for all gun purchases

    9 26.47%
  • Ban guns from felons and those adjudicated ‘mentally infirm’

    25 73.53%
  • Ban handguns

    2 5.88%
  • Ban ‘assault weapons’

    4 11.76%
  • Other (specify)

    11 32.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 231

Thread: What is "common sense" gun control?

  1. #111
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel Sanders View Post
    Errr...you aren't allowed to possess a gun on a plane
    I said:

    If there were, then no one would be allowed to have them
    You don't know what I do -- maybe I -am- allowed to posess a gun on a plane. Some people are, you know.

    IF there was an INHERENT danger in doing so, then NO one would be allowed.

  2. #112
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I said:



    You don't know what I do -- maybe I -am- allowed to posess a gun on a plane. Some people are, you know.

    IF there was an INHERENT danger in doing so, then NO one would be allowed.
    Besides air marshals who is allowed to have a gun on a plane?

  3. #113
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel Sanders View Post
    Besides air marshals who is allowed to have a gun on a plane?
    Flight deck crew.

  4. #114
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Ok, then... which argument?
    I really am confused here...


    The infringement comes in the requirement to obtain a license/registration in order to obtain simple posession of a firearm. Whenever someone is so required, his right is infringed.

    This seems so plain toi me that I have to believe you;re actually asking me something else...?
    You say the infringement comes in the requirement to obtain a license/registration. I disagree, explain how either of those infringe on someone's right. Their mere existence surely does not, unless you think sheer laziness is grounds for arguing that they are an infringement.

    We are compelled to do many things but they are not infringements on our rights unless our requests are denied. Inconvenience, yes. Infringement, no.

  5. #115
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Flight deck crew.
    So it's limited to federal agents and the people who have control of the plane anyway. How does this imply that possession is not dangerous?

  6. #116
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel Sanders View Post
    So it's limited to federal agents and the people who have control of the plane anyway. How does this imply that possession is not dangerous?
    I believe I already said:
    If [the posession of firearms on an aircraft] were [inherently dangerous], then no one would be allowed to have them

  7. #117
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    You say the infringement comes in the requirement to obtain a license/registration. I disagree
    Great. Explain how my argument is unsound.

    Explain how either of those infringe on someone's right.
    I have done this at least three times, on this thread alone.

  8. #118
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I believe I already said:
    If [the posession of firearms on an aircraft] were [inherently dangerous], then no one would be allowed to have them
    That's ridiculous. Does the fact that the military possesses nuclear arms mean that possession of nuclear arms isn't dangerous?

  9. #119
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel Sanders View Post
    That's ridiculous. Does the fact that the military possesses nuclear arms mean that possession of nuclear arms isn't dangerous?
    This is a discussion about -guns- and -gun- control.
    Like any reference to cars, arguments regarding nuclear weapons need not apply.

  10. #120
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: What is "common sense" gun control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    This is a discussion about -guns- and -gun- control.
    Like any reference to cars, arguments regarding nuclear weapons need not apply.
    You're just dodging. You are well aware of what an analogy is.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •