View Poll Results: Do you regularly work out?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 13.51%
  • Several times a week

    8 21.62%
  • Yes, and I eat healthy also

    13 35.14%
  • Several times a month

    1 2.70%
  • Nope, only sporadically

    3 8.11%
  • No

    7 18.92%
  • Not at all, I am the fear of doctors and a regular

    0 0%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67

Thread: Do you regularly work out?

  1. #1
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Do you regularly work out?

    Just out of curiosity... Do you work out regularly, and I do not mean life popcorn in the TV chair, but organized sport or private work out schedules and strict training programs etc.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 04:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Do you regularly work out?

    Yes, I do. Not rigorously, but daily.
    I skate for 45 minutes to an hour every night between March and November (the warm months).
    In December, January, and February, I use the exercise equipment at a nearby apartment complex, which is owned by the same company as my apartment complex. The managers gave me a key to their weight room, since my complex doesn't have one.

    Occasionally (although not daily) I do stuff like ride my bike, swim, and water ski.

  3. #3
    Hawt Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,807
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you regularly work out?

    In the summer, I cycle, play tennis, hike, swim, walk, and go to the gym. I admit I'm less active in the winter months, but I still go to the gym regularly, as well as play tennis about once a week (of course, in a bubble).
    "There is a lot of talk coming from CitiGroup about how Dodd-Frank isn't perfect, So let me say this to anyone listening at Citi I agree with you. Dodd-Frank isn't perfect. It should have broken you into pieces." -- Elizabeth Warren

  4. #4
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    05-17-16 @ 11:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Do you regularly work out?

    Dance, jog, swim and generally try to eat healthy.
    During the winter, i tend to go back to lazing around.


  5. #5
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Do you regularly work out?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Yes, I do. Not rigorously, but daily.
    I skate for 45 minutes to an hour every night between March and November (the warm months).
    In December, January, and February, I use the exercise equipment at a nearby apartment complex, which is owned by the same company as my apartment complex. The managers gave me a key to their weight room, since my complex doesn't have one.

    Occasionally (although not daily) I do stuff like ride my bike, swim, and water ski.
    Nice.

    I do exercise 30 minutes twice a day usually(hand stands(ups-downs), pull-ups, push ups, sit ups. I run about 5 km several times a week down to the beach where I do a small swim. I do capoeira, but not at the moment, several times a week usually.

    I love biking, swimming, hiking, or just walking for hours and do these things for hours when I have a day available.

    I do however not use the gym.. For some reason I find it tiring and heavy.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  6. #6
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Do you regularly work out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    In the summer, I cycle, play tennis, hike, swim, walk, and go to the gym. I admit I'm less active in the winter months, but I still go to the gym regularly, as well as play tennis about once a week (of course, in a bubble).
    I wish I could get into tennis.. How do you start with tennis anyways, if you suck at it but know the rules? I don't know anyone who plays tennis.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 04:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Do you regularly work out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I wish I could get into tennis.. How do you start with tennis anyways, if you suck at it but know the rules? I don't know anyone who plays tennis.
    I tried playing tennis in my early teens; a lot of my friends played, and some even had private courts.
    I found that the racquets were too heavy and tiring for my little arms back then.
    But I did love badminton very much, and was good at it.
    I'd like to try tennis again sometime, since I'm bigger and stronger now, and I'm sure I could manage a racquet at this point in my life.
    Of course now I'd have to use the public courts, which are always crowded.
    But it's something I've been considering. It might be fun.

  8. #8
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    05-17-16 @ 11:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Do you regularly work out?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    I tried playing tennis in my early teens; a lot of my friends played, and some even had private courts.
    I found that the racquets were too heavy and tiring for my little arms back then.
    But I did love badminton very much, and was good at it.
    I'd like to try tennis again sometime, since I'm bigger and stronger now, and I'm sure I could manage a racquet at this point in my life.
    Of course now I'd have to use the public courts, which are always crowded.
    But it's something I've been considering. It might be fun.
    I used to love badminton years ago. I was very good at it and played for my schools team alot.
    Tennis for some reason, i never got into.


  9. #9
    Hawt Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,807
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you regularly work out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I wish I could get into tennis.. How do you start with tennis anyways, if you suck at it but know the rules? I don't know anyone who plays tennis.
    I think the key is finding someone at your level. Otherwise, the fun gets sucked out of it. I used to play at a club where a father and son duo would play once a week for hours. They only played each other, and were so close in ability. Because of that, they never improved, but that was fine with them. They'd play for a bit, chat, and then go back to playing, and chat some more. It was just as much as a social bonding thing as a way to get exercise. I always thought that was so cool.

    Me, I have been playing for many years, and have just recently started taking it seriously once again. I used to play tournaments, but I only play a few select now days. There are many good juniors around here who hit the ball a ton, and play without fear. If I elected to compete in the same open tourneys, I'd so get my ass kicked. That would suck the interest for me-- so I avoid them--and keep tennis interesting and fun.

    The best thing about the game, though, is that there is always room for improvement. The game is complex, and even the #1 player in the world has weaknesses.
    "There is a lot of talk coming from CitiGroup about how Dodd-Frank isn't perfect, So let me say this to anyone listening at Citi I agree with you. Dodd-Frank isn't perfect. It should have broken you into pieces." -- Elizabeth Warren

  10. #10
    Hawt Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,807
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you regularly work out?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    I tried playing tennis in my early teens; a lot of my friends played, and some even had private courts.
    I found that the racquets were too heavy and tiring for my little arms back then.
    But I did love badminton very much, and was good at it.
    I'd like to try tennis again sometime, since I'm bigger and stronger now, and I'm sure I could manage a racquet at this point in my life.
    Of course now I'd have to use the public courts, which are always crowded.
    But it's something I've been considering. It might be fun.
    Badminton is an excellent sport for fitness. So is squash. Because I'm fairly serious about tennis, I avoid other racquet sports because it would screw up my tennis game, though both interest me a great deal.

    Get a few second hand racquets, and take your husband or kids to the public courts. Besides getting some exercise, it could be fun, too.
    "There is a lot of talk coming from CitiGroup about how Dodd-Frank isn't perfect, So let me say this to anyone listening at Citi I agree with you. Dodd-Frank isn't perfect. It should have broken you into pieces." -- Elizabeth Warren

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •