View Poll Results: Would you allow gay people to adopt?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    86 48.59%
  • No

    91 51.41%
Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 384

Thread: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

  1. #241
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    They can still be gay.
    They can be in the closet too.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #242
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    They can be in the closet too.
    Like Tom Cruise and R Kelly in that South Park episode

  3. #243
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    They can be in the closet too.
    Why would they lie? The answers are confidential- and that confidentiality is protected by law.

  4. #244
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,604

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Debunked by your false logic:

    U.S. CENSUS DATA SHOWS HOMOSEXUAL COUPLES ACCOUNT FOR 1 PERCENT OF ALL COUPLES

    I patiently wait for your attack on the source.
    Irrelevant. Prove that homosexuals do not make up 3%-7% of the population as I have stated. All your information discusses are couples. The issue is the percentage of gays, not gay couples.

    I understand the you are often wrong, but at least try to stay on top of what we are discussing.

    BTW, source debunked as being irrelevant to the issue.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 02-23-09 at 03:06 PM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #245
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Why would they lie? The answers are confidential- and that confidentiality is protected by law.
    Did the Census take any numbers on how much people who feel like they are treated like second class citizens, trust their government?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #246
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Why would they lie? The answers are confidential- and that confidentiality is protected by law.
    Maybe sometimes people just can not admit what they are to themeselves like Ted Haggard.

  7. #247
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,604

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Here is your assertion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Since the incidence of homosexuality is about 1%,
    Prove it. Your census source has been debunked as only referring to couples and having no sexual orientation question. Prove your assertion, or stand down from it.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #248
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Irrelevant. Prove that homosexuals do not make up 3%-7% of the population as I have stated. All your information discusses are couples. The issue is the percentage of gays, not gay couples.

    I understand the you are often wrong, but at least try to stay on top of what we are discussing.

    BTW, source debunked as being irrelevant to the issue.
    1. You are asking me to prove a negative, which is illogical.
    2. The long form US Census study counts people who are in a gay household, then compares this to the total cohabitation households in the US. This survey represents a data set that it in the range of 100 times larger than most studies, and comes up with the 1% figure.

  9. #249
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    1. You are asking me to prove a negative, which is illogical.
    2. The long form US Census study counts people who are in a gay household, then compares this to the total cohabitation households in the US. This survey represents a data set that it in the range of 100 times larger than most studies, and comes up with the 1% figure.
    So single gays don't count? Is that your position?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  10. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Here is your assertion.



    Prove it. Your census source has been debunked as only referring to couples and having no sexual orientation question. Prove your assertion, or stand down from it.
    Lets get back to the wife beater comment of yours.

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •