View Poll Results: Would you allow gay people to adopt?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    86 48.59%
  • No

    91 51.41%
Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 384

Thread: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

  1. #221
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Actually, they managed to determine this using much more subtle questioning:

    http://www.gaydata.org/02_Data_Sourc..._Long_Form.pdf

    See: Person 2 (pdf page 11), question 2: relation to person 1 (related, husband/wife or not related, unmarried partner), question 3: sex. IF person 2 is husband/wife or unmarried partner AND same sex and person 1.....
    Dead link.

    If they are in the closet they are just going to claim to be roomates.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #222
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Post 211. Are you?
    Post 213. Not in the least. Don't forget your white flag.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #223
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    That was the first one I read, which leads me to the conclusion that you haven't read it, or the others, with a critical eye, but merely to support your preconceived conclusion.
    I've read them all. Obviously you have not. If you are going to speak, try to do so with some knowledge to back up what you are saying.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Dead link.

    If they are in the closet they are just going to claim to be roomates.
    Try this one: http://www.census.gov/dmd/www/pdf/d02p.pdf

  5. #225
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Actually, according to the US Census, the number is almost exactly 1%. *shrug*
    Since the US 2000 Census form did not ask about sexual orientation, either you are lying or have gotten inaccurate information.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #226
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Post 213. Not in the least. Don't forget your white flag.
    Post 219. Don't forget your lavender one.

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Since the US 2000 Census form did not ask about sexual orientation, either you are lying or have gotten inaccurate information.
    Posts 220 and 224.

  8. #228
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    And how does a census form know if people are being honest?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I've read them all. Obviously you have not. If you are going to speak, try to do so with some knowledge to back up what you are saying.
    Again, I went to one site from your list at random, and the first thing I read was what I quoted previously, suggesting that you had not read your research with an open mind. Therefore no need to read the remainder. *shrug*

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    And how does a census form know if people are being honest?
    How does any researcher?

Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •