View Poll Results: Would you allow gay people to adopt?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    86 48.59%
  • No

    91 51.41%
Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 384

Thread: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

  1. #141
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    You have every right I have.
    When did I say that I didn't?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #142
    Professor
    Shewter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Puget Sound
    Last Seen
    02-21-13 @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Frankly I would encourage gay couples to adopt. Almost every gay person I've ever known would make great parents.

    Not to mention adoption by a gay couple is about a billion times better than being stuck in the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Don't apologize to me over that silly ****. I could care less if I can see the dust or not.
    Now apologize for apologizing!

  3. #143
    Professor
    Shewter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Puget Sound
    Last Seen
    02-21-13 @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    Gay couples is perversion.
    Really now?

    Are scientists witches too? Ooh, let's go further back! Does fire scare you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Don't apologize to me over that silly ****. I could care less if I can see the dust or not.
    Now apologize for apologizing!

  4. #144
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post


    Here - let me clue you in. People generally adopt because either a) they are capable of producing children but would rather adopt instead of adding to the population, or b) they cannot produce children because of a physical irregularity.

    Gay couples want to adopt because it is physically impossible for them to produce children.

    Straight forward, no spin.
    b) is your own spin. If a couple cannot produce children, they cannot produce children. Your changing the words around to fit your agenda doesn't change that fact.

    And let me clue you in. Gays can produce children, just not with each other. I suppose you are against artificial insemination, right?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #145
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    Gay couples is perversion.
    Moderator's Warning:
    Do you object to gay couples adopting?Knock off the trolling.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #146
    Student Captain Obvious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    01-30-17 @ 01:07 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    218

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    b) is your own spin. If a couple cannot produce children, they cannot produce children. Your changing the words around to fit your agenda doesn't change that fact.

    And let me clue you in. Gays can produce children, just not with each other. I suppose you are against artificial insemination, right?
    Gay couples want to adopt because it is physically impossible for them to produce children.
    That's a pretty straight-forward statement, no need to twist it into something it's not. Gay couples cannot produce children.

    As far as my stance on the issue, see my earlier reply (quoted below for your convenience):

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    I'm not stating that my opinion is that gay couples shouldn't adopt - I'm really pretty neither here nor there on issues involving gay people, specifically marriage and adoption.

    I just don't care, but I tend to look at the subject from an evolutionary standpoint such that homosexuality is irregular in a sense that it's non-childbearing and otherwise unnatural.

    Yeah, I know - here come the "some toads are asexual" or some other animal shows some bizarre tendency, but fact is - essentially all species would cease to exist under homosexual practice.

    Having said all of that, and I'm leaving adoption and marriage out of this statement because I'm really nondescript on these issues, I really don't care what gays do in their own privacy. Their business, not mine - and as long as it doesn't involve minors, animals, the mentally deficient or anyone against their will - then have at it. It does piss me off that I have to see them crashing St. Patrick's Day parades with all that "we're here, we're queer" crap.
    my junk is ugly

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Last Seen
    03-08-09 @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    724

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shewter View Post
    Really now?

    Are scientists witches too? Ooh, let's go further back! Does fire scare you?

    The definition of perversion is "not the norm". Gay parents are certainly not the norm.

  8. #148
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    The definition of perversion is "not the norm". Gay parents are certainly not the norm.
    Neither are albino parents, red headed parents, or left handed parents.

    Next.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  9. #149
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    The definition of perversion is "not the norm". Gay parents are certainly not the norm.
    Posting on a message board is not the norm. Therefore you are perverted.

    Come on walleye, how about being honest for once. Is that really the way that you meant to use the word "perverted"? If it is, please admit that my statement about you being perverted because you post on a message board is true.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #150
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,832

    Re: Do you object to gay couples adopting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Gay couples cannot produce children.
    Of course they can, just not from them being with one another sexually...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •