View Poll Results: The primary problem with firearms

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Is the firearm itself

    4 6.15%
  • Is the person pulling the trigger

    61 93.85%
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 253

Thread: Firearms - The Primary Problem

  1. #111
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,958

    Re: Firearms - The Primary Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueKC View Post
    No, we claim that it makes it much easier to kill others. I would prefer that it be quite difficult to kill others personally. A gun allows anybody to do it. At the very least, without guns you'd either need to physically overwhelm me or figure out some way to poison me. That lowers the likelihood of me dying.



    What a sad world you live in to think that all people are one gun a way from a kill crazy rampage.....


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  2. #112
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,958

    Re: Firearms - The Primary Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by rsixing View Post
    Never say can't. Always be prepared.



    Awsome. can we do smoking next? no drinking... wait i got it drunk driving.... lets get those stamped out as well!




    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  3. #113
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    151,795

    Re: Firearms - The Primary Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueKC View Post
    No, we claim that it makes it much easier to kill others. I would prefer that it be quite difficult to kill others personally. A gun allows anybody to do it. At the very least, without guns you'd either need to physically overwhelm me or figure out some way to poison me. That lowers the likelihood of me dying.
    Yeah that is good thinking. That means some 20 year old guy who has been street fighting for 10 years has nothing to worry about from my wife, my ten year old son or anyone over age 55. That is what is so good about guns. It means your grandmother can defend herself from three gangbangers.


    BTW you are living in a drug induced stupor if you think you can create a world without guns. All you can do is deprive people like my wife or your grandma. The criminals are always going to have them.
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  4. #114
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    151,795

    Re: Firearms - The Primary Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueKC View Post
    I fail to see how rising figures for gun homicide in Britain, while remaining exponentially lower than the United States, at all helps your argument.
    Easy-before they started strictly controlling guns they had an extremely low rate of violent crime. That has increased as they increased gun bans. They banned handguns based on ONE-repeat ONE shooting spree (Dunblane 1997) and that resulted in an increase in crime. The funny thing is that the Home Minister bragged that CRIME WITH LEGAL HANDGUNS disappeared because there were no more legal handguns. Of course overall crime-especially home invasion robberies increased.
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  5. #115
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Firearms - The Primary Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueKC View Post
    That's a good idea, why DON'T we take a look at UK gun crime? Let's see, in 2002, there were 0.15 gun deaths per 100,000 people. In 2001 in the United States there were 3.98. Or over 25x as many. Doesn't seem to be the same level of problem.
    Lets assume your figures are correct.
    25x more gun deaths in the US.
    How many x more guns in the US than in the UK?

  6. #116
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Firearms - The Primary Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueKC View Post
    That one's easy; in the UK it's tougher to shoot each other because there is gun control.
    Given the numbers you presented, its almost a certainty that any given gun in the UK is more likely to be used to kill someone than any given gun in the US.

  7. #117
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Firearms - The Primary Problem

    BlueKC:
    Did you have a response to these questions?

    How does the argument that the 2nd covers any firearm you care to mention extend then to anthraxx and smallpox?

    Given that the 2nd exits because people sometimes need to kill other people, what argument is there that the 2nd doesnt protect firearms (supposedly) built for that purpose?

  8. #118
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Firearms - The Primary Problem

    BlueKC:
    Did you have a response to this question?

    So... what do you do for that 8 minutes while your daughter is being raped?

  9. #119
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    09-25-16 @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,365

    Re: Firearms - The Primary Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    BlueKCSo... what do you do for that 8 minutes while your daughter is being raped?
    Make the rapist some tea? Raping can work up an awful thirst.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #120
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,184

    Re: Firearms - The Primary Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by rsixing View Post
    The more I study this issue I still come to the inescapable conclusion that firearms are a problem. In that I mean those who should not possess them gain access to them and possess them illegally and then, in turn, use them in the commission of crimes, mayhem and murder.
    IMO there seems to be no viable solution to this issue, how to keep weapons out of the hands of criminals, et al those determined to be prohibited persons under the GCA.
    The thing about rights is that if you are legal US citizen and not in prison then you should not be denied those rights,nor should you have to jump over any hoops in order to be able exercise those rights. Our rights come from the constitution not the government and the second is there so that the people can adequately overthrow the government in the event the government becomes corrupt. Therefore the government should have no authority in deciding any preconditions of those rights, nor should they be allowed to decide what firearms a law abiding citizen should be allowed to own.


    I used to be on board with not allowing convicted felons to own firearms,but as others have pointed out the government decides what is and isn't a felony and if you paid your debt to society by serving your time then you shouldn't be barred from owning firearms. Besides anti-2nd amendment laws will not stop those "prohibited" people as defined in the GCA from obtaining a firearm if they really want those firearms. After all criminals do not obey laws in the first place,this has been mentioned many times in many 2nd amendment discussion threads.




    Do you have a solution james?

    Punish the criminals,not restrict the rights of law abiding citizen.
    Get tough on crime.Make prison a punishment,not a gay Sanfransickan university on the worst side of town. Remove the televisions, weights, libraries, and computers, they can spend their free time and get exercise by working in chain gangs. No conjugal visits,they are inmates not hotel guest, they are in prison as a punishment. No pussy rich boy private prisons,you get convicted of a crime you should get sent to a real prison like everybody else who gets sent to prison, not some country club prison. Bring back chain gangs to all prisons,not just Arizona, after all they have a debt to pay back to society and prisons cost money to the tax payers to run,so make some of that cost back up by bringing back the chain gangs. Feed the inmates bread(fortified with daily nutritional requirements) and water,if they wanted normal food then they should not be committing crimes in the first place. Bring back the sweat boxes,inmates need to fear and respect the authority of the guards. The worse thing to fear about prison shouldn't be some inmate making you his bitch or getting stabbed or beaten in a prison gang war. If inmates are able to do those things then apparently there is too much freedom in prison. The thing to fear about prison should be the loss of freedom and the loss of things(legal things) you used to do when you were not incarcerated.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •