View Poll Results: How will gay marriage affect your marriage?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • It wont

    44 84.62%
  • It'll make me want to divorce my partner

    8 15.38%
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 311

Thread: How will gay marriage affect your marriage?

  1. #191
    Advisor Unrein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    09-01-13 @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    448

    Re: How will gay marriage affect your marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    I disagree. Marriage is a social institution and is the preferable state in which to raise the children; the State has good reason for encouraging it, and should continue to do so.
    Giving them money encourages the wrong kind of marriage (insincere marriage)

    A healthy marriage is bourne of love between two people, something the federal reserve can't sponsor. A healthy relationship is not formed by the government throwing chunks of meat between them.

  2. #192
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: How will gay marriage affect your marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    You're the one that brought it up, surely you have some sort of explanation as to why you think it's a "biological error."
    This is a different question.

    You originally asked why it happened, and to that I have no conclusive answer.

    As to why I think born-homosexuality is a biological error:
    IMO born-homosexuality is a biological malfunction, unlike race or gender, and that makes all the difference to me.

    I say that I view born-homosexuality is some kind of error because a homosexual woman's brain interprets female pheromones as though it were a man and not a woman. Also, a homosexual man's brain interprets male pheromones as though it were a woman and not a man. One Example

    The resulting instinct of a homosexual woman is to procreate with another woman, and of a homosexual man to procreate with another man. Obviously, the vagina does not produce sperm nor can the anis incubate a child. It is apparent to me these instincts are operating contrary to the biological functions of physical gender, and therefore I observe some kind of error occurring.

    Please note that I did not nor am I claiming that homosexuality is a psychosexual disorder. The APA basis itís diagnostic criteria on a personís ability to function in society, and my opinion is not based on a personís ability to function in society, but on biological congruency.

    I do not support gay marriage or civil unions because I view homosexuality as being incongruent with the purpose and function of marriage just as it is incongruent with the purpose and function of physical gender.

    As I understand it today, the gay marriage argument removes procreation and raising children from the primary purpose of marriage, and I believe that is damaging to a society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Der der derrrrrr. Brilliant, Einstein.
    Precisely my point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Why should we deny people ANYTHING based on something they have no control over? Even if it IS a biological error, what does it have to do with marriage?
    If we were to look at gay marriage in a vacuum, I wouldn't really care about it.

    It doesn't exist in a vacuum, though, and the modern pro-gm argument removes the procreation of healthy children from the purpose of marriage, and it is this which harms the sociological institution of marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    But you don't support banning infertile people from getting married in the first place? If not, why not?
    The government's vested interest in marriage is promoting couples raising children.

    Any couple not raising children is of no concern to the state.

    This rules out the majority of gay couples.

    Of the gay and strate couples raising children, the state has a vested interest in the health and safety of those children. This means the state has no interest, in fact has grounds to oppose, familial unions and second marriages with small children. Reasonable opposition to the step-parent dynamic rules out the majority of gay couples with pre-existing children.

    The rare exception of a lesbian couple buying an exotic procedure to produce sperm from a woman, or another rare exception of a transgendered woman halting medication so as to conceive a child with a man, do not come remotely close to establishing a compelling interest of the state to promote these unions.
    Last edited by Jerry; 12-04-08 at 07:59 PM.

  3. #193
    Advisor Unrein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    09-01-13 @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    448

    Re: How will gay marriage affect your marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Marriage is a social institution and is the preferable state in which to raise the children;
    Just out of curiosity, do you have any objective reasoning or sociological studies verifying this belief?

  4. #194
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-08-16 @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,655

    Re: How will gay marriage affect your marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Yet they can't marry... Which makes them unequal to heterosexual couples. Go figure.
    Actually as Unrein mentioned, they can marry.
    They don't receive government benefits for being married.
    In response to what others have posted this is one of the differences between interracial marriage struggle of the past and the same sex struggle today.
    Interracial marriage was ILLEGAL a person would be arrested for violating the law if they were married, in ANY form.
    That is not the case with the modern day same sex couples. They may marry. They are essentially asking the government to BECOME INVOLVED IN THEIR PERSONAL LIVES. Contrary to the chant that they want the government to get out of their lives.
    Another note that applies to the equality of Prop 8.
    Unlike race that by nature excludes people as a group, (because it is a state of being that can't be changed) "same sex marriage" is an action that anyone can choose. As is opposite sex marriage, obviously. So defining "legal marriage", for the purposes of benefits, applies to everyone equally.

  5. #195
    Advisor Unrein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    09-01-13 @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    448

    Re: How will gay marriage affect your marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Another note that applies to the equality of Prop 8.
    Unlike race that by nature excludes people as a group, (because it is a state of being that can't be changed) "same sex marriage" is an action that anyone can choose. As is opposite sex marriage, obviously. So defining "legal marriage", for the purposes of benefits, applies to everyone equally.
    Race isn't a choice but intraracial or interracial marriage IS.

    If you were to define marriage between two people of the same color, you'd still follow your logic of equallity, since ALL people can marry someone of the same skin...EQUALLY. Right?

    Your confounding the relationship choice with the actual condition of the parties. Homosexual marriage is a 'choice' but gender is not. Interracial marriage is a choice but race is not. Do you see the connection?

    Race is to Gender as interracial marriage is to homosexual marriage.

  6. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: How will gay marriage affect your marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrein View Post
    Race isn't a choice but intraracial or interracial marriage IS.

    If you were to define marriage between two people of the same color, you'd still follow your logic of equallity, since ALL people can marry someone of the same skin...EQUALLY. Right?

    Your confounding the relationship choice with the actual condition of the parties. Homosexual marriage is a 'choice' but gender is not. Interracial marriage is a choice but race is not. Do you see the connection?

    Race is to Gender as interracial marriage is to homosexual marriage.
    Loving confirmed that the mutual restriction established equality under the law, therefore it's a valid point here as well.

  7. #197
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,364

    Re: How will gay marriage affect your marriage?

    Gay marriage blows more than straight marriage.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #198
    Advisor Unrein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    09-01-13 @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    448

    Re: How will gay marriage affect your marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Loving confirmed that the mutual restriction established equality under the law,
    Who is Loving? And 'confirmed' how?

    therefore it's a valid point here as well.
    I beg to differ.

  9. #199
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: How will gay marriage affect your marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Gay marriage blows more than straight marriage.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  10. #200
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,605

    Re: How will gay marriage affect your marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by emdash View Post
    gays are already treated equally.
    And what color is the sky in your reality? Apparently you don't live in the same one the rest of us do.

    so when the majority votes a way you don't like, it's not "fair." you can see why that's difficult to argue with?
    Had the majority been informed of the facts and still voted for Prop 8, that would have been one thing, but the simple reality is, they were systematically lied to by a religious group with an agenda. No, that's not fair.

    I cannot logically defend my view, remember?
    At least you finally admit it.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! The Bitchspot Blog YouTube me! The Bitchspot Channel

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •