View Poll Results: How will gay marriage affect your marriage?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • It wont

    44 84.62%
  • It'll make me want to divorce my partner

    8 15.38%
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 311

Thread: How will gay marriage affect your marriage?

  1. #181
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: How will gay marriage affect your marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by emdash View Post
    gays are already treated equally.
    Yet they can't marry... Which makes them unequal to heterosexual couples. Go figure.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: How will gay marriage affect your marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    One of the reasons cited by opponents of gay marriage is the effect it'll have on marriage in America. That has got me wondering. How will gay marriage affect the marriages of those who oppose it. Will it make them want to divorce their partner because they feel their marriage is no longer as valid as it was before gay people were allowed to marry? Or will nothing change?
    How profound; you have the WRONG premise.

  3. #183
    Advisor Unrein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    09-01-13 @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    448

    Re: How will gay marriage affect your marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Yet they can't marry... Which makes them unequal to heterosexual couples. Go figure.
    It's not illegal for gays to get married actually, in any state. Believe it or not, two men could hold a wedding in a consenting church in the middle of Alabama, exchange vows, say 'I do', kiss, and the police would not and could not stop them (because it is not illegal).

    The difference between gay and straight marriage is not the legal right to perform it, but it's recognition (in way of receiving financial benefits from the government)

    My solution is quite simple. the state needs to stop recognising marriage outright. People don't deserve special benefits for getting married, gay straight or otherwise. Marriage needs to be nothing more than a personal ceremony of commitement.

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: How will gay marriage affect your marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    My soon to be step son would disagree with you.
    My father, stepmother and 2 sisters would disagree with your soon to be step son.

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: How will gay marriage affect your marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Sometimes, I think this country is just too stupid for democracy.
    As our founding fathers feared, we are too stupid to self govern, and this democracy is leading back into slavery as all democracies have.

  6. #186
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    09-25-16 @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,365

    Re: How will gay marriage affect your marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    My father, stepmother and 2 sisters would disagree with your soon to be step son.
    My dog would probably just lick herself and move on.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #187
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    66,688

    Re: How will gay marriage affect your marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    My dog would probably just lick herself and move on.
    My dog had a seizure last nite. I blame this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  8. #188
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    09-25-16 @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,365

    Re: How will gay marriage affect your marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    My dog had a seizure last nite. I blame this thread.
    Gay marriage does horrible things!
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #189
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: How will gay marriage affect your marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    My father, stepmother and 2 sisters would disagree with your soon to be step son.
    My parents got divorced when I was three. Both of them remarried when I was 7. They are still happily married to their new spouses. I guess we can agree that it varies by family.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  10. #190
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    08-06-16 @ 04:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,668
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: How will gay marriage affect your marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrein View Post
    My solution is quite simple. the state needs to stop recognising marriage outright. People don't deserve special benefits for getting married, gay straight or otherwise. Marriage needs to be nothing more than a personal ceremony of commitement.
    I disagree. Marriage is a social institution and is the preferable state in which to raise the children; the State has good reason for encouraging it, and should continue to do so.

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •