View Poll Results: What's worse...

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • European imperialism

    11 24.44%
  • Islamic imperialism

    15 33.33%
  • Both are roughly equivalent

    12 26.67%
  • Other - please specify

    7 15.56%
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 163

Thread: What's worse European Imperialism or Islamic Imperialism?

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: What's worse European Imperialism or Islamic Imperialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by rightwinghour View Post
    See my post to jin1776 for an elaboration.
    I saw it, but it was a very weak attempt to redefine what Imperialism is.

    I asked for a specific example, although I did get a legitimate one from another poster whom I won’t mention: mrgreen: I am looking for an example of REAL American Imperialism in the last century.

    Here's a hint why you wont find one; we have the longest unprotected borders in the world with Canada and with Mexico. Obviously they, with their tiny military, feel no threat about some mythical American Imperialism.



    Main Entry: imperialism im-!pir-E-u-+li-zum
    Pronunciation: \ im-ˈpir-ē-ə-ˌli-zəm \
    Function: noun
    Date: 1826
    Results
    1. 1 imperial government, authority, or system

    2. 2 the policy, practice, or advocacy of extending the power and dominion of a nation especially by direct territorial acquisitions or by gaining indirect control over the political or economic life of other areas broadly the extension or imposition of power, authority, or influence - union imperialism

  2. #72
    Herzschmerz !
    Ahmed Shaheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,410

    Re: What's worse European Imperialism or Islamic Imperialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    Ok, apparently they don't have the bogey man in Egypt.
    dont need to be an American to know whats a bogey man.




    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    And the majority's opinion is that Islam is the wrong religion.
    prove it then .


    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    Do you believe Jesus is God? If not then you are wrong according to the majority's opiniong. And remember, the majority is always right!
    huh ? where is that majority's opinion which says that who dont believe that Jesus is the God is wrong , every one has his independent thinking of his own religion.


    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    Because I'm not a retard that believes the majority is always right.
    Ok , then why are you here ?
    the Dominant Idea in this forum is to take with the majority's opinion .
    do you think that your opinion will affect me or any religous person in this forum , at all you're making us stick more to our religion and show how stupid you are.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: What's worse European Imperialism or Islamic Imperialism?

    It's times like these that you wish you could have an IQ gauge that assesses ignorance BEFORE it infests the forums.

    (of course some here will now suggest that if that were the case, I would never get IN)

    Just my

  4. #74
    Herzschmerz !
    Ahmed Shaheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,410

    Re: What's worse European Imperialism or Islamic Imperialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    Yes, most of the forum members are atheists. So since you have nothing here, can barely type in English, and believe the majority is always right then perhaps this isn't the place for you?
    ok , force me to get out if you can .

    I completely have faith with what iam writing , so I wont be affected by some Frivolous opinions like yours .

  5. #75
    Herzschmerz !
    Ahmed Shaheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,410

    Re: What's worse European Imperialism or Islamic Imperialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    It's times like these that you wish you could have an IQ gauge that assesses ignorance BEFORE it infests the forums.

    (of course some here will now suggest that if that were the case, I would never get IN)

    Just my
    lol , nice idea , an IQ guage for ignorance , sounds cool .

  6. #76
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: What's worse European Imperialism or Islamic Imperialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Shaheen View Post
    ok , force me to get out if you can .

    I completely have faith with what iam writing , so I wont be affected by some Frivolous opinions like yours .
    Is the majority always right?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  7. #77
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: What's worse European Imperialism or Islamic Imperialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Shaheen View Post
    dont need to be an American to know whats a bogey man.
    Oh, your last post was an insult? If so it was pretty lame.





    prove it then .
    A majority of the people in the world are Christian. There ya go.




    huh ? where is that majority's opinion which says that who dont believe that Jesus is the God is wrong , every one has his independent thinking of his own religion.
    No, that is the one accepted tenet of the Christian religion. Jesus is God.




    Ok , then why are you here ?
    To debate the merits of ideas, whether or not they are the majority opinion. Why are you here?

    the Dominant Idea in this forum is to take with the majority's opinion .
    It definitely isn't.


    do you think that your opinion will affect me or any religous person in this forum , at all you're making us stick more to our religion and show how stupid you are.
    Really? By arguing the merits of your religion you just cling tighter and tighter to the ideals you cling to? I'm very open to ideas. If you can prove God exists I'll believe. I doubt you can. I wonder though, why do you believe in God? Because it's the majority's opinion? That really doesn't seem silly to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  8. #78
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: What's worse European Imperialism or Islamic Imperialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    It's times like these that you wish you could have an IQ gauge that assesses ignorance BEFORE it infests the forums.

    (of course some here will now suggest that if that were the case, I would never get IN)

    Just my
    So, you talking about me or Achmed?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: What's worse European Imperialism or Islamic Imperialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    So, you talking about me or Achmed?
    Good lord Right, if you have to ask, I am going to CHANGE my answer. YES, it starts with an "a" and ends with a "d".


  10. #80
    User rightwinghour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    04-10-09 @ 04:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    143

    Re: What's worse European Imperialism or Islamic Imperialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I saw it, but it was a very weak attempt to redefine what Imperialism is.

    I asked for a specific example, although I did get a legitimate one from another poster whom I won’t mention: mrgreen: I am looking for an example of REAL American Imperialism in the last century.

    Here's a hint why you wont find one; we have the longest unprotected borders in the world with Canada and with Mexico. Obviously they, with their tiny military, feel no threat about some mythical American Imperialism.



    Main Entry: imperialism im-!pir-E-u-+li-zum
    Pronunciation: \ im-ˈpir-ē-ə-ˌli-zəm \
    Function: noun
    Date: 1826
    Results
    1. 1 imperial government, authority, or system

    2. 2 the policy, practice, or advocacy of extending the power and dominion of a nation especially by direct territorial acquisitions or by gaining indirect control over the political or economic life of other areas broadly the extension or imposition of power, authority, or influence - union imperialism
    It appears you want to cling to one definition, or part of one, while ignoring all other definitions and denying that imperialism can evolve over time. I did notice, though, that the definition you gave above fits quite well with what we did throughout the 20th century, and even up to the present: "or by gaining indirect control over the political or economic life of other areas broadly the extension or imposition of power, authority, or influence". This is a more subtle and palatable way of doing things in the era of the UN, much like Fabian Socialism is more palatable than full on Socialism. It is also much more effective and more affordable, even though it will eventually help bring about the end of our hegemony. Using Canada and Mexico as support for your position hardly works, since they are allies, and one doesn't exert force over one's allies. Also remember that the US, Canada, and Mexico make up the long pushed for NAU.
    Last edited by rightwinghour; 12-03-08 at 05:30 PM.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •