View Poll Results: What's worse...

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • European imperialism

    11 24.44%
  • Islamic imperialism

    15 33.33%
  • Both are roughly equivalent

    12 26.67%
  • Other - please specify

    7 15.56%
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 163

Thread: What's worse European Imperialism or Islamic Imperialism?

  1. #151
    Banned Iriemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-19-15 @ 09:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,405

    Re: What's worse European Imperialism or Islamic Imperialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by jin1776 View Post
    It's actually a rather famous rebuttal towards the lies regarding the Democrats vote for the AUMF, I see that you refused to explain it in that thread too though, perhaps because it proves everything you said regarding the AUMF as completely false? Could be. Oh and FYI *reported for trolling* and *ignore*.
    Famous -- but you're the only member whose ever argued it. Famous in your own mind.
    Last edited by Iriemon; 12-10-08 at 06:48 PM.

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    01-12-09 @ 06:40 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    441

    Re: What's worse European Imperialism or Islamic Imperialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Iriemon View Post
    Famous -- but you're the only member whose ever argued it. Famous in your own mind.
    It was mentioned in the Democratic primary debates so that Hillary couldn't weasel her way out of her vote for the Iraq war with the same bull**** argument you're using now.

  3. #153
    Banned Iriemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-19-15 @ 09:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,405

    Re: What's worse European Imperialism or Islamic Imperialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by jin1776 View Post
    Oh and FYI *reported for trolling* and *ignore*.
    I'll get gigged for posting with a banned member who keeps reappearing under different psuedynoms?

    Could be.

  4. #154
    User rightwinghour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    04-10-09 @ 04:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    143

    Re: What's worse European Imperialism or Islamic Imperialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by jin1776 View Post
    All right then sport you can shut me up right now if you can name a single empire in the history of the world which falls into your parameters for empire except for the United States. You can't because there is no other empire which fits with that definition and not the traditional one, because it is a definition intended for only a single country IE the U.S.. This is not a conspiracy theory, your definition is contrived from the bull**** definition for imperialism first given by Lenin to explain why the capitalist countries did not fail and turn to communism.
    I swear it's like you don't read or something. Your argument was that the definitions I provided were written by ideologues who intended to label the US as an empire. That is a conspiracy theory. Now prove it. While you are addressing that issue, please let me know which of the four issues I listed you want to discuss first, and also tell me where you are coming from politically, such as whether you are a statist or a limited government conservative.

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    01-12-09 @ 06:40 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    441

    Re: What's worse European Imperialism or Islamic Imperialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by rightwinghour View Post
    I swear it's like you don't read or something. Your argument was that the definitions I provided were written by ideologues who intended to label the US as an empire. That is a conspiracy theory. Now prove it. While you are addressing that issue, please let me know which of the four issues I listed you want to discuss first, and also tell me where you are coming from politically, such as whether you are a statist or a limited government conservative.
    Ya I guess that the only empire in the history of empires which comports with that definition just happens to be the supposed U.S. empire huh? What an interesting coincidence and how convenient for the argument that the U.S. is an empire.

  6. #156
    User rightwinghour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    04-10-09 @ 04:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    143

    Re: What's worse European Imperialism or Islamic Imperialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by jin1776 View Post
    Ya I guess that the only empire in the history of empires which comports with that definition just happens to be the supposed U.S. empire huh? What an interesting coincidence and how convenient for the argument that the U.S. is an empire.
    Seriously, prove your conspiracy theory, or drop it. And for the third time, which issue do you want to discuss first, and where are you on the political spectrum?

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    01-12-09 @ 06:40 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    441

    Re: What's worse European Imperialism or Islamic Imperialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by rightwinghour View Post
    Seriously, prove your conspiracy theory, or drop it.
    Show me another empire besides the U.S. which fits your definition or drop it.

    And for the third time, which issue do you want to discuss first, and where are you on the political spectrum?
    How about just responding to my posts?

  8. #158
    User rightwinghour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    04-10-09 @ 04:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    143

    Re: What's worse European Imperialism or Islamic Imperialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by jin1776 View Post
    Show me another empire besides the U.S. which fits your definition or drop it.
    You really DON'T read, do you? Your argument is based on a conspiracy theory, which you haven't even tried to prove. Prove that our reference books have been altered to have a definition of imperialism that was specifically designed to cast America in a bad light. This was your contention, and you must either prove it or retract it. Any other kind of response is a dodge and is dishonest.

    Quote Originally Posted by jin1776 View Post
    How about just responding to my posts?
    Must I really recap for you? You're making the same mistakes over and over again, and unless the four issues I outlined for you are addressed, you will continue to make those same mistakes. I had given you the opportunity to pick the first one we would cover, but since you have continually dodged this, I'll pick one for you. Hopefully I'll have time today to start one.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    01-12-09 @ 06:40 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    441

    Re: What's worse European Imperialism or Islamic Imperialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by rightwinghour View Post
    You really DON'T read, do you? Your argument is based on a conspiracy theory, which you haven't even tried to prove. Prove that our reference books have been altered to have a definition of imperialism that was specifically designed to cast America in a bad light. This was your contention, and you must either prove it or retract it. Any other kind of response is a dodge and is dishonest.
    So I take it you can't name another empire in the history of the world which falls within the parameters of your definition, however, on the other hand all historical empires except the U.S. fall within the parameters of mine.

    Must I really recap for you? You're making the same mistakes over and over again, and unless the four issues I outlined for you are addressed, you will continue to make those same mistakes.
    I already addressed them in my response to that post.

  10. #160
    User rightwinghour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    04-10-09 @ 04:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    143

    Re: What's worse European Imperialism or Islamic Imperialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by jin1776 View Post
    So I take it you can't name another empire in the history of the world which falls within the parameters of your definition, however, on the other hand all historical empires except the U.S. fall within the parameters of mine.
    I would say most empires can be included in the definitions I provided, but those definitions don't fully describe them, just like they don't fully describe America. Hopefully I won't have to draw a Venn diagram for you. But your problem is that you are dishonest and have dodged the question yet again. You claimed a conspiracy, and you have not proven it. Haven't even tried to. Do you still hold to that conspiracy? If so, provide evidence for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by jin1776 View Post
    I already addressed them in my response to that post.
    I know you addressed all four briefly, but I've been asking you for several days to pick one to focus on for now. But since you won't do it, I'll pick one this afternoon. Lastly, and hopefully I won't have to ask this again, where are you on the political spectrum: statist, limited government conservative, or somewhere in between?

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •