View Poll Results: Should Capital Punishment be supported?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • It should be supported in both principle and practice.

    43 47.78%
  • Yes in principle, but not in practice due to the ambiguity of social bias.

    14 15.56%
  • It should be opposed both in principle and practice.

    33 36.67%
Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 416

Thread: Is Capital Punishment Justified?

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    12-22-08 @ 12:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    947

    Re: Is Capital Punishment Justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I wonder how people can support the war in Iraq and not the war in Afghanistan. Oh wait that's right. Two completely different issues. Carry on.
    Or how people can support the war in Afghanistan but oppose the war in Iraq.

  2. #92
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    09-25-16 @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,365

    Re: Is Capital Punishment Justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The amusing irony in the debate about capital punishment is that it seems the people who are most adamantly against Capital Punishment have no qualms with someone getting an abortion. I wonder why that is?

    For me it's about who performs the act. I am just as opposed to government mandating abortions.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #93
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,512

    Re: Is Capital Punishment Justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie1988 View Post
    Or how people can support the war in Afghanistan but oppose the war in Iraq.
    Yeah I wonder how it's even remotely possible to have different opinions about different things. I mean I like icecream. But I don't like caramel flavored ice cream. I do however LOVE vanilla. I mean how is it even remotely possible to have a taste based on the issue.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #94
    Dream Walker
    Monk-Eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Seen
    07-16-15 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,265
    Blog Entries
    10

    ycareneged

    "ycareneged"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie1988 View Post
    You might be right if it was otherwise an established fact he is the biological father, but there are exactly none.
    Engaging your situation is not palatable to me on too many levels.

    The politically correct narcisists restrain my rabid irritation.

  5. #95
    Dream Walker
    Monk-Eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Seen
    07-16-15 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,265
    Blog Entries
    10

    Cruelty By Design

    "Cruelty By Design"
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The amusing irony in the debate about capital punishment is that it seems the people who are most adamantly against Capital Punishment have no qualms with someone getting an abortion. I wonder why that is?
    I am almost certain that theorists on both sides demonstrate a lack of clarity with respect to the institution of rights and the laws of nature.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Is Capital Punishment Justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I wonder how people can support the war in Iraq and not the war in Afghanistan. Or how people who ran away from the war in Vietnam through deferments could be so supportive of the war in Iraq. Oh wait that's right. Two completely different issues. Carry on.
    Fascinating argument; so you think supporting war or desertion is the same as killing a baby or capital punishment; how so?

    If you are against war on the grounds that people get killed, how can you be okay when an unborn child is killed? If you are against Capital punishment on the grounds that a human gets killed, how can you be okay when an unborn child is killed?

    The only thing more profound about your illogical attempts at argument is the irony that you believe you make sense.

    Carry on.

  7. #97
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Is Capital Punishment Justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The amusing irony in the debate about capital punishment is that it seems the people who are most adamantly against Capital Punishment have no qualms with someone getting an abortion. I wonder why that is?

    There's nothing ironic about it. One is a fully grown human being. It normally has a family and friends. The other is a fetus.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  8. #98
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    48,242

    Re: Is Capital Punishment Justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The amusing irony in the debate about capital punishment is that it seems the people who are most adamantly against Capital Punishment have no qualms with someone getting an abortion. I wonder why that is?

    Sure that statement is true. I know many people who are truly pro-life. Anti-abortion, anti-capital punishment, and anti-war. Now that's pro-life.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    12-22-08 @ 12:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    947

    Re: ycareneged

    Quote Originally Posted by Monk-Eye View Post
    "ycareneged"
    Engaging your situation is not palatable to me on too many levels.

    The politically correct narcisists restrain my rabid irritation.
    THANK YOU.

  10. #100
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,512

    Re: Is Capital Punishment Justified?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Fascinating argument; so you think supporting war or desertion is the same as killing a baby or capital punishment; how so?
    I have come to expect no less from you. What we have here is a strawman. I make the case that a person can have different opinions on different issues and you come up with some retarded claim about something I never said. Moving on.

    If you are against war on the grounds that people get killed, how can you be okay when an unborn child is killed? If you are against Capital punishment on the grounds that a human gets killed, how can you be okay when an unborn child is killed?
    2nd strawman. I'm against the war on the basis that it's not worth the effort. I'm for the war in Afghanistan on the basis that it is worth the effort. I'm FOR CHOICE on the basis that it's not my business what people decide to do when they get pregnant. I'm against capital punishment on the basis that it's

    The only thing more profound about your illogical attempts at argument is the irony that you believe you make sense.

    Carry on.
    The only thing more laughable then the black and white world of retarded conservatives is the fact that they actually live in it.

    Proceed.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •