View Poll Results: Is Obama going to take our guns?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's a fact Obama will take our guns! TO ARMS! TO ARMS!

    8 23.53%
  • No, this is a fear based rhetoric of the right to smear the upcoming Obama administration!

    9 26.47%
  • Any administration has the potential to violate our 2nd Amendment rights!

    10 29.41%
  • I'm not worried but I will be watching.

    7 20.59%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 115

Thread: Obama and gun-ownership...

  1. #51
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    151,694

    Re: Obama and gun-ownership...

    Quote Originally Posted by rsixing View Post
    The 2nd Amendment has not been completely defined therefore an imposement of a weapons ban is not an infringement of rights.

    I'm sorry you feel you were harassed. Good thing Clinton's bill had a sunset clause huh.

    Is the assault weapons ban still in effect? So why would I justify a law that is no longer extant? And where have I stated I supported Clinton's law in the first place? I'll tell you. I haven't.

    For me it's the whole "sky is falling" chicken little, right wing, TO ARMS TO ARMS fear mongering going on TD. It's hilarious to me. You guys have really given me much to smile about the last couple of days. Thanks.
    You smile over the fact that peoples' rights are going to be violated? Hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  2. #52
    Sportbike Fanatic
    rsixing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    01-25-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,327

    Re: Obama and gun-ownership...

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You smile over the fact that peoples' rights are going to be violated? Hmmm
    You yourself have stated you don't know if it's going to happen so....hmmmm yourself.

  3. #53
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    151,694

    Re: Obama and gun-ownership...

    Quote Originally Posted by rsixing View Post
    You yourself have stated you don't know if it's going to happen so....hmmmm yourself.
    We have to plan for the future based on the past and our experience.

    Al Gore and Bill Clinton were not known as gun haters when they were elected. Al Gore had been an A rated Senator by the NRA. Bill Clinton had been a lukewarm gun control advocate. This middle of the road ticket ended up passing the first actual ban (yes I realize the 1934 NFA was a defacto ban) on domestic firearms in federal history.


    The current winning ticket includes one of the three most anti gun senators in recent history-a man with a 36 year track record of voting for every restriction that has ever been brought to a vote in the senate and a guy whose record in state legislative office included advocating complete bans on handguns, semi autos and the right to carry a concealed weapon.

    Only a moron would argue that it would be foolish not to plan for a ban
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  4. #54
    Tavern Bartender
    #neverhillary
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    09-24-16 @ 09:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,027

    Re: Obama and gun-ownership...

    I believe one of the purposes of the 17th Amendment was to attack the 2nd Amendment by electing senators through popular vote. This way the states have little power over senators who might vote to restrict gun ownership.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)

  5. #55
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama and gun-ownership...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel Sanders View Post
    Gun control will most likely tighten up under Obama. Still, the fear mongering from the right borders on comical
    Similar to the fear-mongering on the left regarding abortion, social security, medicare, equal rights, etc.
    Right?

  6. #56
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama and gun-ownership...

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You smile over the fact that peoples' rights are going to be violated? Hmmm
    You -have- noticed that rsi isn't interested in an honest debate, yes?

  7. #57
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: Obama and gun-ownership...

    Clinton did the AWB, obama is appointing Clinton todies, lackies and sycophants.....


    obama supports the chicago and dc gun bans.


    if you think he wont try you are an idiot... (general you)


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  8. #58
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: Obama and gun-ownership...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Similar to the fear-mongering on the left regarding abortion, social security, medicare, equal rights, etc.
    Right?
    Abortion, yes. The rest not so much

  9. #59
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    09-12-16 @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,513

    Re: Obama and gun-ownership...

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it



    can any of you gun haters tell us why there should be a 10 round limit on magazines when civilian police departments issue 15-18 round magazines for self defensive use to their civilian officers?
    I am not a "gun hater" but will respond..
    You gave the answer, then the question....or have you not seen the video of the bank robbers with bullet proof vests and body armor? Cops had to raid gun shops to get high powered rifles to put those guys down..
    and police are not heavily armed for self defense as much as they are armed to fight known criminal elements. You will notice that they only carry a pistol, and have a shotgun inside the squad car. Anything else will be in the trunk, as they don't expect to need that kind of firepower all the time.
    But when they do need it, they should have it.
    There are no restrictions on drug runners and bank robbers, you know...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  10. #60
    Sportbike Fanatic
    rsixing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    01-25-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,327

    Re: Obama and gun-ownership...

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    We have to plan for the future based on the past and our experience.

    Al Gore and Bill Clinton were not known as gun haters when they were elected. Al Gore had been an A rated Senator by the NRA. Bill Clinton had been a lukewarm gun control advocate. This middle of the road ticket ended up passing the first actual ban (yes I realize the 1934 NFA was a defacto ban) on domestic firearms in federal history.


    The current winning ticket includes one of the three most anti gun senators in recent history-a man with a 36 year track record of voting for every restriction that has ever been brought to a vote in the senate and a guy whose record in state legislative office included advocating complete bans on handguns, semi autos and the right to carry a concealed weapon.

    Only a moron would argue that it would be foolish not to plan for a ban
    In the standard idea of planning? I can't agree more. If you go back and read what I have written you will see I wrote forewarned is forearmed. I think that is viable, even worthwhile. What I read here, though, is over arching fear spreading like wild fire among you conservatives. And my right-wing friend, that ain't planning; that's fear.

    And in the interest of open, free dialog, why do you believe I have been dishonest in my debate? I ask since you thanked goobie for his typical snipping ad hom that I don't believe in honest debate?
    Last edited by rsixing; 11-17-08 at 10:00 AM.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •