View Poll Results: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    133 56.36%
  • No

    103 43.64%
Page 9 of 107 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 1064

Thread: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

  1. #81
    Banned SKILMATIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    04-03-06 @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,407

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Fortunately, again, our forefathers were smarter than those people who claim that majority rules when it comes to personal freedoms and separating our government from religion. They were wise enough to know what so many bible thumpers seem not to know, namely that religion is a private matter and has no right intruding into the public lives of Americans.
    True I wont argue there. But this is what democracy is based upon majority not minority. If you want minority go to a communist state casue minority rules there.

    The more that god is removed from the public sector the better off all of us are as Americans because we are then all equal.
    Please explain to me how just removing god we are all equal? I thought we are all equal with or without God? I really dont understand this notion. Also how does removing God improve americans life? I thought the stats say that once god and prayer were removed from schools teen pregnancy and drug use inflamed? Do I really need to provide a stat for you on this fact? Murder rate and domestic crime rose as well. Also school shootings came about. I cant see how you can make that claim. We have had god in our schools since the first pilgrims came over, and since the late 50's I belevie they removed it and in the last 50some odd years look where no god left us. I would love to hear the argument on this.

  2. #82
    Guru
    Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    06-21-16 @ 12:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,962

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Quote Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
    Well actually I am debating and reading but you havent taught me anything yet that I dont already know. I have heard all this saame rhetoric before and it doesnt phase me one bit.

    How many times do I have to spit facts to you people to understand that this pledge isnt unconstitutional? I mean no one makes you recite it. You dont get punished for not doing so. So whats the fuss? Again simply just say it without the god part on your own time. Is that too hard of a fact to understand? Or are you going to argue to me someone holds a gun to your head and makes you recite it. C'mon people you have no argument. If it was we this phrase wouldve been deleted already so get a clue.
    See post #39 in this thread.
    "Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." -Ronald Reagan

  3. #83
    Banned 26 X World Champs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Upper West Side of Manhattan (10024)
    Last Seen
    07-04-08 @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,536

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Quote Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
    The fact is the reason why the number is going up between 1990-2000 is becasue the more illegals we get the more non church goers becasue they dont have very many spanish speaking churches to harvest this large quatity of illegals which we do notice as population in america.
    I cannot believe that anyone would post words like this. These words are as ANTI-AMERICAN and IGNORANT as any ever posted in this forum. AMAZING!

    Why are these words ANTI-AMERICAN? IMHO they are prejudiced, aka bigotry. Bigotry in this country is so obviously alive today, all around us, and until posts like this one are universally condemned for what they are we will still be subject to generational ignorance. Bigotry is passed down from father to son, mother to daughter and this type of post is a fine example of how bigotry can mix with religion. Nasty, nasty, nasty....

  4. #84
    Advisor t125eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    06-11-08 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    384

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Quote Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
    Separation from chruch and state never occured. That is a fact.
    of course there is no state sponsered church or religion. it never defines GOD or which god. so, to the athiest out there, its a god of nothing. besides if they dont believe in GOD, then what do they care if it is in the pledge of allegience or not.
    wasn't the POA created during the Cold War?? if so, then it would make sense since the communists were athiests and what better way to ensure patriotic americans then to make them pledge to God.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 12:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Bottom line this country was founded on judo-christian principles and that will never change...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nomad.Got a couch,beer,meat,cute daughters,Batman DVD's,porn,spare change?
    Last Seen
    08-08-07 @ 01:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,979

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Haven't read the whole thread. How about we let those who don't want to say it.....not say it. Or is that too simple. Don't have a moment of prayer in school. Have a silent moment to think about whatever the hell you want to. In god we trust on money. Ah, too damn bad. Don't use the money.

  7. #87
    Banned SKILMATIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    04-03-06 @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,407

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Haven't read the whole thread. How about we let those who don't want to say it.....not say it. Or is that too simple. Don't have a moment of prayer in school. Have a silent moment to think about whatever the hell you want to. In god we trust on money. Ah, too damn bad. Don't use the money.
    Thank you. Now I suppose the sore losing yank is going to call that bigotry and racism and prejudiceness too? World champs, you are a typical bigotting lib. When someone debacles your argument you result to racist, bigotry, andprejuceness comments. Your argumnet will not fly and has never flied on this forum I know casue I have debacled everyone of you arguments you wanna know how I know? Cause in everyone of your ending comments it ends in a flamatory fassion. And its evident of this here again today. I cant beleive a father of a 18yr old lady is this DERROGATORY

  8. #88
    Guru
    Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    06-21-16 @ 12:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,962

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride
    Bottom line this country was founded on judo-christian principles and that will never change...........
    Our country was not founded on Judo-Christian principles. It was founded on The Constitution.


    Prove that it was founded on Judo-Christian principles. Just spewing out statements without any basis means nothing.
    "Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." -Ronald Reagan

  9. #89
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    09-24-11 @ 05:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Quote Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
    Thank you. Now I suppose the sore losing yank is going to call that bigotry and racism and prejudiceness too? World champs, you are a typical bigotting lib. When someone debacles your argument you result to racist, bigotry, andprejuceness comments. Your argumnet will not fly and has never flied on this forum I know casue I have debacled everyone of you arguments you wanna know how I know? Cause in everyone of your ending comments it ends in a flamatory fassion. And its evident of this here again today. I cant beleive a father of a 18yr old lady is this DERROGATORY
    [mod gaval]



    SKIL, no name calling. Take it to the basement if you want to call someone a bigot.

    And flied is not a word.

    [/mod gaval]
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  10. #90
    Guru
    Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    06-21-16 @ 12:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,962

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie
    [mod gaval]


    And flied is not a word.

    [/mod gaval]
    Just had to throw that in there, didn't you? LOL.
    "Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." -Ronald Reagan

Page 9 of 107 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •