View Poll Results: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    133 56.36%
  • No

    103 43.64%
Page 69 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 1064

Thread: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

  1. #681
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride
    try 87% in this poll favor it and the one I saw awhile back was 92%


    http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/06/29/poll.pledge/

    Vast majority in U.S. support 'under God'
    June 30, 2002 Posted: 8:51 AM EDT (1251 GMT)

    NEW YORK (CNN) -- Nearly nine in 10 Americans believe the phrase "under God" should remain in the Pledge of Allegiance, and most believe it is acceptable for the government to promote religious expression, as long as no specific religion is mentioned, according to a Newsweek poll.
    And the vast majority of americans didn't want integration in schools, didn't want prohibition, don't know anything about politics, and are obese. I have absolutely no faith in the body politic.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  2. #682
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 12:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Quote Originally Posted by RightatNYU
    If the court doesn't grant cert to the case, it's a de facto endorsement of the lower court's decision.

    If they do, they will affirm.
    That is true, but they will take the case..........Trust me.........

    And the vast majority of americans didn't want integration in schools,
    Do you have a link that supports that statement?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #683
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacridge
    Decided by the majority? Then why didn't Gore become President in 2000?


    http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2000/results/
    Because the supreme court can overrule the "will of the majority" like they will here.

    Perfect example.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #684
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride
    It is a democratic form of government that is a republic and elections are decided by the majority......
    Election are decided by the majority...

    I was really really impressed with the way President Gore handled the terrorst attacks on September 11th, 2001, weren't you, Chief?

  5. #685
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 12:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar
    Election are decided by the majority...

    I was really really impressed with the way President Gore handled the terrorst attacks on September 11th, 2001, weren't you, Chief?
    Get a life..........Get over it..you lost.move on.....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #686
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride
    Becasue he did not win the electoral votes in enough states........Hell he did not even win them in his home state which is unheard of.......The people in each individual state voted to decide who got the elctoral votes...........

    You people on the left have a habit of nominating flawed candidates.......
    Oh. So elections in this country AREN'T decided by the majority is what you're saying.

    Not that it matters. The Bill of Rights was written specifically to prevent the majority from crafting laws that imposed on the minority. And the first Amendment forbade laws regulating or establishing religions. Which is what the camel's nose of "under God" does in the Pledge of Allegiance.

  7. #687
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride
    Get a life..........Get over it..you lost.move on.....
    I didn't lose. I know exactly how the system works and didn't waste my vote on either major party candidate here in California. I wasted it on a third party candidate instead. The Libertarians, if you're interested.

  8. #688
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar
    It's honest. He's outlived his age. No one wants judges that rule by imaginary fiat anymore. At least they shouldn't.
    So were you thanking God when Rehnquist died? I mean, he was pretty old too. Or is your vitriol reserved for those you disagree with (not because you know anything about the court, but because your party tells you who to like)

    Nukes are a tad expensive. Can't name a soul that could afford to build one of their own. But why stop with grenade launchers is right. I don't see any limits written into the Constitution, do you?
    What if Bill Gates COULD afford a nuke. Should he be allowed to have them? What if the 200 richest people in the country got together and built a massive army with nukes etc galore. Would that be a good thing. The Constitution was not written with today's society in mind. While the vast majority of it is applicable to today's life, it was written with the understanding that it would be updated as time passed.

    Remember, 165 people were killed with tractor fuel and bull**** in Oklahoma City.
    And 180,000 were killed with nukes in Japan. Point?

    Kelo vs New London.

    HAHAHAAHAHA. Let me get this straight. You claim

    "Breyer's self-serving interpretation of the Constitution is the primary reason the country's in the position it's in, socially."

    I ask you why you think that, and you cite an EMINENT DOMAIN case at me? Want to explain how eminent domain is the reason for the "downward spiral in social standards" for the US?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #689
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride
    That is true, but they will take the case..........Trust me.........
    They didn't last time.


    Do you have a link that supports that statement?
    Even now, only 59% of people support doing more to integrate schools, while 28% think there should be less done.

    http://www.publicagenda.org/issues/a...hoolbusing.jpg

    At the time of Brown v. Board, TWENTY ONE states had LAWS forcing or allowing segregated schools. That's almost half the country, not counting the many many states where segregation was de facto rather than de juro.

    http://www.factmonster.com/ce6/history/A0858851.html

    In the 1950's, when public support for integration was at it's highest ever, it was barely 50%

    http://hnn.us/articles/11371.html
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  10. #690
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Quote Originally Posted by RightatNYU
    So were you thanking God when Rehnquist died? I mean, he was pretty old too. Or is your vitriol reserved for those you disagree with (not because you know anything about the court, but because your party tells you who to like)
    Nope. Never thank the imaginary for anything, but Rehnquist also was too old and should have retired long ago. I think the Constitution should be amended to place term limits on federal judges. For all it's liberal whining, The Pelican Brief had a decent point.


    Quote Originally Posted by RightatNYU
    What if Bill Gates COULD afford a nuke. Should he be allowed to have them?
    Sure, why not? He's done more damage with Windows, anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by RightatNYU
    What if the 200 richest people in the country got together and built a massive army with nukes etc galore. Would that be a good thing.
    Sure. Who they gonna use it on? The world's richest people have the most to lose from a nuclear war. With the advent of the ICBM and the thermonuclear warhead, suddenly the rich were right there on the front lines with everyone else. No place to hide when cobalt's out to get you.

    Quote Originally Posted by RightatNYU
    The Constitution was not written with today's society in mind. While the vast majority of it is applicable to today's life, it was written with the understanding that it would be updated as time passed.
    The Constitution was written with the means for chaning it deliberately difficult and nigh impossible. The Constitution was written as it was because the writers were most astute about human nature. Human nature hasn't changed, and almost the entire document is still relevant today.

    Quote Originally Posted by RightatNYU
    And 180,000 were killed with nukes in Japan. Point?
    That human ingenuity will find a way, laws to the contrary are mere impediments. Dollar for dollar, the OK City bombing killed more.




    Quote Originally Posted by RightatNYU
    HAHAHAAHAHA. Let me get this straight. You claim
    "Breyer's self-serving interpretation of the Constitution is the primary reason the country's in the position it's in, socially."

    I ask you why you think that, and you cite an EMINENT DOMAIN case at me? Want to explain how eminent domain is the reason for the "downward spiral in social standards" for the US?
    The ownership of PROPERTY is the cornerstone of American society. Erosion of that protection is the worst thing that can happen to this country.
    Last edited by RightinNYC; 10-04-05 at 12:49 PM.

Page 69 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •