View Poll Results: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    133 56.36%
  • No

    103 43.64%
Page 27 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 1064

Thread: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

  1. #261
    Lie Detector
    steen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Upper Midwest
    Last Seen
    12-08-08 @ 12:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    4,081

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Democrat
    Proof
    Etc, etc. This obviously was lifted from somewhere, somewhere you forgot to credit which surely is a copyright violation. Funny how conservatives apparently now believe that private property should be abolished? Kind of a commie thing to do
    Was America founded as a Christian nation?
    Etc, etc, pages of stuff, much of it from BEFORE the US COnstitution was ratified, and some of these directly ILLEGAL per the Constitution, such as this part:
    Eleven of the first 13 States required faith in Jesus Christ and the Bible as qualification for holding public office.
    That, of course directly violates the US Constitution. That is clear evidence that all the little irrelevant things, many of which is even from before the Declaration of Independence, whatever relevance you thought that might have, are pintless. What DOES matter is what the US Constitution says is the Establishment Clause:


    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,

    So you can ramble and yammer about rights of religion and whatnot, but THIS is the only thing that matters. The Government can NOT legally establish a religion in the US, it can not impose one religion as the recognized one, and not inflict its practices on others.

    All the rest of your attempts at presenting your wishful thinking as "fact," merely shows how dishonest the theocrats are. Yes, you want to circumvent the US Constitution because it doesn't allow you to impose on others, and you hate it. You want it to not be so.

    Your un-American disrespect for the foundation for what makes us all Americans is duly noted. The anti-patriotism of the fundie rightwing theocrats is duly noted in posts like your and those of your fellow conservative fundies.

  2. #262
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-18-05 @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    16

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    I get hit by mods for not posting a link (first 2 hours on this forum, my appologies, my bad, I wasn't taking credit my self, as mentioned above " " " " these mean it is a quote..At least I can admit my own mistake unlike your poster boy of 04) but name calling, isn't that flaming and against forum policy also. Not a very "people person" liberal democrat. Typical
    BIGOT = A Conservative winning an argument with a Liberal

    http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...2/f23e84e6.jpg

  3. #263
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    09-24-11 @ 05:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Democrat
    I get hit by mods for not posting a link (first 2 hours on this forum, my appologies, my bad, I wasn't taking credit my self, as mentioned above " " " " these mean it is a quote..At least I can admit my own mistake unlike your poster boy of 04) but name calling, isn't that flaming and against forum policy also. Not a very "people person" liberal democrat. Typical
    [mod mode]

    Calm down. I didn't hit ya. Just a friendly little reminder.

    If you believe that someone was flaming, there's a little triangle with an exclamation point inside that you can use to report the post (it's on the bottom left), and the mod team will look over it.

    [/mod mode]
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  4. #264
    Lie Detector
    steen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Upper Midwest
    Last Seen
    12-08-08 @ 12:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    4,081

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Democrat
    Thanks, thats mighty democrat of you 2 accuse me of plagiarism. That means you think that I came up with that.
    Hmm, that sure is illogical. It means that he reocgnized that you had NOT written it, but that you didn't attributre the source

    That is plagiarism, and it is also a copyright violation. It measn that you are dishonest. Are conservatives dishonest? Is it ONLY YOU who are dishonest? Or was it merely an oversight that you "forgot" to list the source?
    Also the site you found is not the site that I got them from. I got them from HTTP://www.forerunner.com/forerunner...Christian.HTML. This information comes up multiple times from different sites only proof to me that it is 100% fact.
    Really? That is a fascinating claim. If the same info shows up on several sites that copy from each oither, then the information automatically is "100% fact"? That sounds very illogical and even downright stupid. So please elaborate on that cliam of your, so we can be sure that you are NOT as stupid as what that remark gave you out to be. Please assure us that we merely misunderstood you.
    You can think it is BS if you want to. I don't care. It is fact
    If it is "fact," then there was solidly backed-up independedn evidence.

    To claim that a "because I say so" posatulation somehow is a fact without any actual evidence is, of course, outright lying. Are you a liar?
    and no matter how much liberals, atheists, and communists democrats hate it, you can't change it... By fact I mean that the founding fathers based alot of their decisions upon the Christian religion.
    Some did, some didn't. That's irrelevant. What IS relevant is the Establishment Clause. Your attempt at pretending that it doesn't exist shows you to be either dishonest or so stuck in wishful thinking that you will reject reality for your wishful thiniing and beliefs to the contrary.

    There is a name for that. It is called "DELUSION."

    You want proof, dig for it, it's there.
    Oh, another dishonest conservative ploy. Make a false claim ,a dn then make it the other side's job to disprove the lie. So we now have FURTHER evidence of how dishonest you are. Shame on you. But perhaps Conservatives now feel that outright lying is a family value?
    Yes I have read the constitution (isn't this flaming).
    So you surely are not claiming that the Establishment Clause doesn't exist, are you?
    It has been taken so far out of context by libs, claiming that religion never played any part of the founding decision of this country.
    What base religion played in the founding is completely irrelevant. What DOES matter is what the law says. yes, I am aware that the law goes against what you would want, and that you therefore have to pull on all these extra-legal points to even HAVE a point, never mind how contrived and contradictory to the US Constitution text itself. It is always easy to recognize when people like you are trying to be deceptive. You start going to all sorts of irrelevant sources, bringing up all sorts of irrelevant points while completely ignoring the actual law itself.

    I am saddened and disappointed by the dishonesty of your arguments, but I am not surprised. That should tell you something about how our experience with conservative lies and deceptions is common-place, how conservatives so often bear False Witness. Not that I expect it to bother you any, your post already have shown such a lack of honesty and arguments in good faith that you simply can not credibly claim to want an honest discussion. So be it.

    Well, enough of this. I can't be bothered spending much time on liars and dishonest cheats.

  5. #265
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-18-05 @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    16

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Quote Originally Posted by steen
    Etc, etc. This obviously was lifted from somewhere, somewhere you forgot to credit which surely is a copyright violation. Funny how conservatives apparently now believe that private property should be abolished? Kind of a commie thing to do
    Etc, etc, pages of stuff, much of it from BEFORE the US COnstitution was ratified, and some of these directly ILLEGAL per the Constitution, such as this part:
    That, of course directly violates the US Constitution. That is clear evidence that all the little irrelevant things, many of which is even from before the Declaration of Independence, whatever relevance you thought that might have, are pintless. What DOES matter is what the US Constitution says is the Establishment Clause:


    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,

    So you can ramble and yammer about rights of religion and whatnot, but THIS is the only thing that matters. The Government can NOT legally establish a religion in the US, it can not impose one religion as the recognized one, and not inflict its practices on others.

    All the rest of your attempts at presenting your wishful thinking as "fact," merely shows how dishonest the theocrats are. Yes, you want to circumvent the US Constitution because it doesn't allow you to impose on others, and you hate it. You want it to not be so.

    Your un-American disrespect for the foundation for what makes us all Americans is duly noted. The anti-patriotism of the fundie rightwing theocrats is duly noted in posts like your and those of your fellow conservative fundies.
    Everything between the name calling does not make since. It is kinda funny that the writers of the constitution made it illegal for themselves to hold office because of their beliefs. You are completely taking the constitution way out of context.

    If you don't want anything to do with religion in schools with something once called patriotic then enroll your kids or yourself in a private school or home school them. Something that has worked for the past several decades needs not be changed. I'm not even going about this in a religious point of view, but as an American point of view.

    It is the discusting deceitfull anti American actions of your liberal party that will remove all rights to own anything. The actions of your beloved ACLU and it's communistic views will remove all sovereignty of this great nation. This pathetic robin hood "spread the wealth" attitude takes away the livelyhood of the people who bust their rear ends to make a decent living and give it to the good for nothing lazy people with no desire to do anything for them selves attitude will ruin this country. I happen to like my house, my land, and my successful business and want to keep it that way, without government involvement.
    BIGOT = A Conservative winning an argument with a Liberal

    http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...2/f23e84e6.jpg

  6. #266
    Pundit-licious
    shuamort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Last Seen
    02-26-09 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,297

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Democrat
    Everything between the name calling does not make since. It is kinda funny that the writers of the constitution made it illegal for themselves to hold office because of their beliefs. You are completely taking the constitution way out of context.

    If you don't want anything to do with religion in schools with something once called patriotic then enroll your kids or yourself in a private school or home school them. Something that has worked for the past several decades needs not be changed. I'm not even going about this in a religious point of view, but as an American point of view.

    It is the discusting deceitfull anti American actions of your liberal party that will remove all rights to own anything. The actions of your beloved ACLU and it's communistic views will remove all sovereignty of this great nation. This pathetic robin hood "spread the wealth" attitude takes away the livelyhood of the people who bust their rear ends to make a decent living and give it to the good for nothing lazy people with no desire to do anything for them selves attitude will ruin this country. I happen to like my house, my land, and my successful business and want to keep it that way, without government involvement.
    There sure are a lot of non-sequitors in there.

    P.S. You'll want to change your sig line. Apparently, the host of your pic doesn't appreciate the hotlinking.

  7. #267
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-18-05 @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    16

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Quote Originally Posted by steen
    Hmm, that sure is illogical. It means that he reocgnized that you had NOT written it, but that you didn't attributre the source

    That is plagiarism, and it is also a copyright violation. It measn that you are dishonest. Are conservatives dishonest? Is it ONLY YOU who are dishonest? Or was it merely an oversight that you "forgot" to list the source?
    Really? That is a fascinating claim. If the same info shows up on several sites that copy from each oither, then the information automatically is "100% fact"? That sounds very illogical and even downright stupid. So please elaborate on that cliam of your, so we can be sure that you are NOT as stupid as what that remark gave you out to be. Please assure us that we merely misunderstood you.
    If it is "fact," then there was solidly backed-up independedn evidence.

    To claim that a "because I say so" posatulation somehow is a fact without any actual evidence is, of course, outright lying. Are you a liar?
    Some did, some didn't. That's irrelevant. What IS relevant is the Establishment Clause. Your attempt at pretending that it doesn't exist shows you to be either dishonest or so stuck in wishful thinking that you will reject reality for your wishful thiniing and beliefs to the contrary.

    There is a name for that. It is called "DELUSION."

    Oh, another dishonest conservative ploy. Make a false claim ,a dn then make it the other side's job to disprove the lie. So we now have FURTHER evidence of how dishonest you are. Shame on you. But perhaps Conservatives now feel that outright lying is a family value?
    So you surely are not claiming that the Establishment Clause doesn't exist, are you?
    What base religion played in the founding is completely irrelevant. What DOES matter is what the law says. yes, I am aware that the law goes against what you would want, and that you therefore have to pull on all these extra-legal points to even HAVE a point, never mind how contrived and contradictory to the US Constitution text itself. It is always easy to recognize when people like you are trying to be deceptive. You start going to all sorts of irrelevant sources, bringing up all sorts of irrelevant points while completely ignoring the actual law itself.

    I am saddened and disappointed by the dishonesty of your arguments, but I am not surprised. That should tell you something about how our experience with conservative lies and deceptions is common-place, how conservatives so often bear False Witness. Not that I expect it to bother you any, your post already have shown such a lack of honesty and arguments in good faith that you simply can not credibly claim to want an honest discussion. So be it.

    Well, enough of this. I can't be bothered spending much time on liars and dishonest cheats.
    You obviously don't care about what the law says. I'm sorry to hear that I upset you so terribly. Another example of lack of factual information proves my point. Typical Liberal. Like America as we are or go to France. They hate America as much as you do.
    BIGOT = A Conservative winning an argument with a Liberal

    http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...2/f23e84e6.jpg

  8. #268
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-18-05 @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    16

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie
    [mod mode]

    Calm down. I didn't hit ya. Just a friendly little reminder.

    If you believe that someone was flaming, there's a little triangle with an exclamation point inside that you can use to report the post (it's on the bottom left), and the mod team will look over it.

    [/mod mode]
    I'm calm. I 've gotten some PMs for it already. No prob..

    Won't happen again.
    BIGOT = A Conservative winning an argument with a Liberal

    http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...2/f23e84e6.jpg

  9. #269
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    03-08-06 @ 04:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    567

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Only the Supreme court Makes law for the,Nation ! According to experts this judges authority .Only covers the 2 northern California school districts involved in the case.
    If I was the principals of those schools I would continue the pledge as is.

  10. #270
    Lie Detector
    steen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Upper Midwest
    Last Seen
    12-08-08 @ 12:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    4,081

    Re: Do you believe that the phrase "Under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Democrat
    Everything between the name calling does not make since. It is kinda funny that the writers of the constitution made it illegal for themselves to hold office because of their beliefs.
    How so? Nothing prohibited Christians from holding office. It was forbidden to INSIST that they were Christians. Perhaps you misread that part? I hope so, because your argument simply doesn't make sense otherwise. Unless you were mistaken, your post is dingbat.
    You are completely taking the constitution way out of context.
    How so? The US Constitution specified that it was illegal to require a religious affiliation in order to hold office. Some of the examples you cited in your irrelevant, long example were about office holders being required to be of a religion. So how am I taking anything out fo context by pointiong out that such requirements went against what was Established in the US Constitution?

    You know, you really aren't making that much sense. Is it kind of late where you are and past your normal bedtime or something?
    If you don't want anything to do with religion in schools with something once called patriotic then enroll your kids or yourself in a private school or home school them.
    HUH? You REALLY aren't making sense here. What is it exactly you are trying to say here?

    Are you saying that if I don't want my kids' Constitutional rights violated, then I need to send my kids to a private school? Are you saying that by sending them to public school, I should expect to have their Constuitutional rights violated? That sure is how your post read, and that truly is bizzare and warped.

    So please clarify, because as I read it, your point is incredibly dumb.

    Something that has worked for the past several decades needs not be changed. I'm not even going about this in a religious point of view, but as an American point of view.
    The American view is that the US Constitution is the foundation for our rights and duties as American Citizens. So what works is what follows the US Constitution. IF you want to operate outside the US Constitution, feel free to do so, but don't operate in the public sphere where you will violate others Constitutional rights.
    It is the discusting deceitfull anti American actions of your liberal party that will remove all rights to own anything.
    Huh? You are talking about communism, not about liberals. MUST you continue to display such an amazing level of ignorance. Is there ANYTHING that you actually understand and know about. The topics you have delved into sofar has only underscored that you ARE ignorant of these areas.

    The actions of your beloved ACLU and it's communistic views will remove all sovereignty of this great nation.
    Well, THAT is an interesting viewpoint. The ACLU mission is to challenge unconstitutional laws.Your opposition to them is an opposition to the US Constitution. So I was right in my suspicion. You ARE against the US Constitution.

    Well, golly gee, why am I not surprised, given your complete disregard for its components, such as the Establishment Clause.

    Are ALL fundie conservatives as unpatriotic as you are in your spitting on the US Constitution?

Page 27 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •