View Poll Results: I personally feel transgender individuals are...

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mentally disturbed.

    39 39.00%
  • Slightly irregular.

    15 15.00%
  • Perfectly normal.

    21 21.00%
  • Progressive.

    1 1.00%
  • Self-Actualized.

    12 12.00%
  • Other (specify).

    12 12.00%
Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 538

Thread: Transgendered. Insane or Misunderstood?

  1. #261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Transgendered. Insane or Misunderstood?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    Okay, fine. Then you're wrong. It isn't "pretend." I've already shown you why it isn't "pretend." You're co-worker isn't pretending.

    You're just impossible Jallman. Simply unbelievable.



    What if I told you that you're just pretending to like men? You're a man, you should like women. Are you going to let me tell you what you think. Do you have a say in who you are?
    A preference or attraction is not the same as looking down at your genitalia and claiming that your are the opposite of what you see.

    Try again.

  2. #262
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Transgendered. Insane or Misunderstood?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    A preference or attraction is not the same as looking down at your genitalia and claiming that your are the opposite of what you see.
    No, it isn't preference or attraction. It's identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  3. #263
    Professor
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    11-26-08 @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,439

    Re: Transgendered. Insane or Misunderstood?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Because it's a mental defect??

    It should be addressed and treated, not indulged and encouraged.
    They are trying to treat it.

  4. #264
    Professor
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    11-26-08 @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,439

    Re: Transgendered. Insane or Misunderstood?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    A preference or attraction is not the same as looking down at your genitalia and claiming that your are the opposite of what you see.
    I'm not sure I agree, but I think using your situation "against you" in an effort to make a point on a forum isn't right.

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Transgendered. Insane or Misunderstood?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    No, it isn't preference or attraction. It's identity.
    Then you misunderstand sexuality in general because my identity is far from defined by my sexuality.

    And there is nothing pretend about:

    Penis looks at itself in the mirror and sees penis and happens to like other penis.

    As opposed to:

    Penis looks into the mirror and sees vagina...

    Doesn't matter what penis's preference is at that point...it's already pretending to be vagina. There's the pathology.

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Transgendered. Insane or Misunderstood?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kayleigh Katz View Post
    I'm not sure I agree, but I think using your situation "against you" in an effort to make a point on a forum isn't right.
    It happens literally EVERY time I don't capitulate to a liberal. Every time.

    At least Lightdemon isn't being as insulting about it as 10 and others immediately default to being.

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 11:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Transgendered. Insane or Misunderstood?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    The hostility in this thread is weird to me.
    I mean, I feel mildly affronted, on an intellectual level, on behalf of transgendered individuals because of some of the sentiments expressed here, but it's not, like, personal.

    Why is this issue personal enough to so many here to induce what appears to be genuine anger? Especially to those who claim never to have even met a transgendered individual?
    Here's my thing I don't mind if a guy wants to dress in womens clothing nor do I mind if a woman wants to dress like a man. I don't give a crap if they adopt roles society says belong to the opposite gender. I don't mind any of it.

    I do however have some concerns for their well being when drs. are selling them a delusion.

    When this delusion is pushed onto me as "truth" it is no longer tolerance but derangement and I can't suffer it.

    So if you want to convince me you're a guy who likes to wear womens clothes and this makes you happy I can deal with that. I have no reason to question your sanity. You freely acknowledge the reality -I'm a man who likes to wear womens clothing. I myself like gender neutral clothing. This is more out of laziness than anything else but I digress.

    However if you are a man who wants to convince me you're a woman I AM going to question your sanity. I will think you're nuts 'cause basically you are. A guy can't be a woman. If you're going to start fighting to be in the womens restrooms in public I'm gonna think you're a weirdo 'cause you're trying to pass yourself off as something you're not. If you go and convince the legislators to pass laws which suggest that not only are you free to live in a fantasy land but that I have to abide by the fantasy and play along too then I've got a problem.

    It's the lie that gets me.

    I get a guy who lets me know he's a guy who likes to wear makeup, wear woman's clothes, etc. He's not lying to me or himself. His tastes are questionable but as long as he isn't lying or trying to bend reality there's no reason to think he's insanel or deluded mentally.

    If you're a guy and you try telling me you're a woman and you want to shower in my gym as if you are in actuality a woman then I start to question your sanity. You're NOT a woman. You'll never be a woman and while you're free to play all the games you want you can only expect my willingness to play along to go so far before I get annoyed and remind you that, "Yeah, you're mental."

    Now this might just all mean I'm a bitch but 'least I got the twat to prove it.
    Last edited by talloulou; 10-21-08 at 09:00 PM.

  8. #268
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Transgendered. Insane or Misunderstood?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kayleigh Katz View Post
    I'm not sure I agree, but I think using your situation "against you" in an effort to make a point on a forum isn't right.
    Don't worry about jallman. If he can dish it, he can take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  9. #269
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe
    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27,763

    Re: Transgendered. Insane or Misunderstood?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I think those are pretty accurate comparisons.
    So you are just plain against all plastic surgery, no matter what the reason?

  10. #270
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Transgendered. Insane or Misunderstood?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Yeah that "WAAAAAAA, jallman's a big ole meanie". Whatever Dezaad...when your or other's opinions of ME become the topic of debate, why don't you send around a memo that I can promptly toss in the circular file.

    As far as I know, the topic of debate here is TRANSGENDERED. INSANE OR MISUNDERSTOOD.

    Maybe you'd like to stick to that topic? kthanx
    Again, my assertion still stands: You've offered nothing to this topic other than your own personal dogma repeated over and over. Stay on topic, indeed. There is really nothing to discuss with you, except you, because you make it an issue by being YOU! By being the way you are being in this thread. But, you're right, it is off topic. So I am done with you. Carry on with your self.

Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •