View Poll Results: What brought you to this forum to sign up recently?

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • I got interested with Sarah Palin being picked as VP

    6 2.93%
  • I got interested with Joe Biden being picked as VP

    1 0.49%
  • I got interested with the DNC

    0 0%
  • I got interested because the race is heating up

    8 3.90%
  • I got interested because I've been surfing around and this looks like the best site

    49 23.90%
  • I got interested because this site is full of interesting threads and posters

    54 26.34%
  • I got interested because it seems pretty fair and balanced here

    37 18.05%
  • I got interested because it looks well moderated and not let run wild

    46 22.44%
  • I got interested because the chics that post here are hot

    24 11.71%
  • Other (please specify)

    78 38.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 183

Thread: What brought you to this forum?

  1. #61
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-28-10 @ 11:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    61

    Re: What brought you to this forum?

    My primary reason is because I've been on forums for a while and I've debated with people, but alot of those people are swayed one way or another due to a common bond which has us all on those forums. So, I wanted to find a place where I could debate against a lot of intelligent people who disagree with me.

  2. #62
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: What brought you to this forum?

    I was on a forum that avoided political discussion like the plague - and even handed out a ban or two based on that. Any time somebody posted a thread about changing the rules to allow politics, this one mod would post a link to this forum and say GTFO. One day I followed that link

  3. #63
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:42 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,639

    Re: What brought you to this forum?

    I became interested in Debate Politics after I was released from jail (the latest time) for negligent child rearing and decided that I could learn something about the world from enlightened individuals like Truth Detector and That Joe guy...

    Anyway, thank for tolerating my ignorance...
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 04:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: What brought you to this forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel Sanders View Post
    I was on a forum that avoided political discussion like the plague - and even handed out a ban or two based on that. Any time somebody posted a thread about changing the rules to allow politics, this one mod would post a link to this forum and say GTFO. One day I followed that link
    What kind of forum is that?


  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    04-04-12 @ 05:36 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    348

    Re: What brought you to this forum?

    I thought there might be signs of intelligent life on debatepolitics.com after browsing a couple of threads. I should have done more homework, because ever since posting here, I find nothing but personal insults and attacks when you hit people with facts they don't like and cannot refute and/or rebut. Human nature, I supposed, but slightly irritating nonetheless.

    I've also notice that when you provide some attempt at in-depth coverage of an issue and you post accordingly, some here have the tendency to whine about the length of a particular read. If I wanted to Blog, I'd call-up Go Daddy and start my own private no-dialog page. Blogs are for Blogging, not for dialectic debate. Issues have depth and without depth, you are doing nothing more than narrative selling and I can watch the 'news' for that.

    The other problem I have is with the silly request for a "link." As if the "link" itself carries more weight. This is the internet - the world wide web. If I want to read Wikipedia, I can simply go there and do so. I come here to read what's on the mind of The People, not what I can easily flush through a heuristic based algorithm on some search engine. What I post, comes from my brain, background and experience when I'm posting leading declaratives. When I post in rebuttal, THEN I might use a "link" to an outside source, but not before then.

    I believe that outside sources should be used in rebuttals and that if one puts up a "fact", that I claim is untrue, then it is my responsibility to go out there and prove them wrong, either by posting something with logical extensions that prove my theory or point, or with third-party details. I may also use a video in my lead to spark debate at the outset - or in rebuttal to answer a claim made that I dispute. But, videos are typically special cases, because they can contain the principles explicitly and not through mere third-party dialog and/or rhetoric.

    Most political forums that I've seen have good potential, few rise to the occasion and fulfill their genuine ideals upon which they were founded.

    But, the world is what you make of it, most of the time.
    Last edited by Pilots For 911 Truth; 10-17-08 at 06:54 PM.

  6. #66
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: What brought you to this forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilots For 911 Truth View Post
    I thought there might be signs of intelligent life on debatepolitics.com after browsing a couple of threads. I should have done more homework, because ever since posting here, I find nothing but personal insults and attacks when you hit people with facts they don't like and cannot refute and/or rebut. Human nature, I supposed, but slightly irritating nonetheless.

    I've also notice that when you provide some attempt at in-depth coverage of an issue and you post accordingly, some here have the tendency to whine about the length of a particular read. If I wanted to Blog, I'd call-up Go Daddy and start my own private no-dialog page. Blogs are for Blogging, not for dialectic debate. Issues have depth and without depth, you are doing nothing more than narrative selling and I can watch the 'news' for that.

    The other problem I have is with the silly request for a "link." As if the "link" itself carries more weight. This is the internet - the world wide web. If I want to read Wikipedia, I can simply go there and do so. I come here to read what's on the mind of The People, not what I can easily flush through a heuristic based algorithm on some search engine. What I post, comes from my brain, background and experience when I'm posting leading declaratives. When I post in rebuttal, THEN I might use a "link" to an outside source, but not before then.

    I believe that outside sources should be used in rebuttals and that if one puts up a "fact", that I claim is untrue, then it is my responsibility to go out there and prove them wrong, either by posting something with logical extensions that prove my theory or point, or with third-party details. I may also use a video in my lead to spark debate at the outset - or in rebuttal to answer a claim made that I dispute. But, videos are typically special cases, because they can contain the principles explicitly and not through mere third-party dialog and/or rhetoric.

    Most political forums that I've seen have good potential, few rise to the occasion and fulfill their genuine ideals upon which they were founded.

    But, the world is what you make of it, most of the time.
    is somebody upset that they are not taken seriously by virtually all members here?
    maybe you should venture outside the tinfoil hat forum, I mean the Conspiracy forum sometimes
    and maybe you should not have picked a username that instantly eliminates you as a credible poster who should be taken seriously

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  7. #67
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: What brought you to this forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    What kind of forum is that?

    It's a tech forum, and is more devoted than Disneyland to being the happiest place on earth. To give a bit of perspective, 'wtf' doesn't make it past the profanity filter

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    04-04-12 @ 05:36 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    348

    Re: What brought you to this forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    is somebody upset that they are not taken seriously by virtually all members here?
    maybe you should venture outside the tinfoil hat forum, I mean the Conspiracy forum sometimes
    and maybe you should not have picked a username that instantly eliminates you as a credible poster who should be taken seriously
    Maybe you should grow a brain.

  9. #69
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: What brought you to this forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    is somebody upset that they are not taken seriously by virtually all members here?
    maybe you should venture outside the tinfoil hat forum, I mean the Conspiracy forum sometimes
    and maybe you should not have picked a username that instantly eliminates you as a credible poster who should be taken seriously



    Well he does have Lerxst....


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 04:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: What brought you to this forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Well he does have Lerxst....
    He has everybody, with the exception of you, Vicchio, and now apparently Deej.
    He's an intelligent and insightful poster.
    Would you mind confining your personal attacks to the appropriate forum, please?

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •