View Poll Results: Does Jesus talk to you?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I hear the voice of god.

    6 9.23%
  • Yes, in the form of signs, dreams, etc., but no voices.

    6 9.23%
  • Maybe, I'm not sure.

    5 7.69%
  • No, I've never experienced this.

    39 60.00%
  • Other (Please Explain).

    9 13.85%
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 180

Thread: Does Jesus talk to you?

  1. #81
    Just Crazy Enough to Work
    Edify_Always_In_All_Ways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Last Seen
    01-31-14 @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,299

    Re: Does Jesus talk to you?

    Jesus doesn't talk to me- atheists recieve the messages of his evil twin, Reverse Jesus. He turns water into wine, crucifies Roman armies, and dares you to stone prostitutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat
    Heh. Do you realize how many children I'd murder to be immortal and have an army of willing slaves?

  2. #82
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    48,251

    Re: Does Jesus talk to you?

    Damn you Bizzaro-Jesus!
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does Jesus talk to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Edify_Always_In_All_Ways View Post
    Jesus doesn't talk to me- atheists recieve the messages of his evil twin, Reverse Jesus. He turns water into wine, crucifies Roman armies, and dares you to stone prostitutes.
    Now that was funny.

  4. #84
    blond bombshell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 09:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,729

    Re: Does Jesus talk to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by rsixing View Post
    You're not serious...
    Well didnt god create the universe and humans purpose on earth is to follow his rules so we can go to heaven.
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

  5. #85
    Sportbike Fanatic
    rsixing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    01-25-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,327

    Re: Does Jesus talk to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by mikhail View Post
    Well didnt god create the universe and humans purpose on earth is to follow his rules so we can go to heaven.
    I think your argument isn't well thought out. IF you are saying that only Christians state they know how the world was created and what they are here for you obviously haven't been reading evolutionists periodicals.

  6. #86
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 03:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Does Jesus talk to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    You obviously missed the tongue in cheek nature of my request for you to have a cigarette.
    Guess so. Personally, I don't get why you got so bothered by my post. I made a statement that was not directed at any one poster; however, you directed your disdain towards me directly. I just don't get it.

  7. #87
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,627

    Re: Does Jesus talk to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by rsixing View Post
    I think your argument isn't well thought out. IF you are saying that only Christians state they know how the world was created and what they are here for you obviously haven't been reading evolutionists periodicals.
    The problem is, science has this little thing called EVIDENCE and religion has... well, religion has absolutely nothing but blind faith and wishful thinking.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! The Bitchspot Blog YouTube me! The Bitchspot Channel

  8. #88
    Sportbike Fanatic
    rsixing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    01-25-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,327

    Re: Does Jesus talk to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    The problem is, science has this little thing called EVIDENCE and religion has... well, religion has absolutely nothing but blind faith and wishful thinking.
    What I'm disagreeing with is the original response that stated "Last (I) heard the only people who claim to have full explanation of how the universe was made and the purpose behind it are the believers." From my pov both sides of the debate have that position. I know there is much evidence supporting evolution, and I don't discount that there is evidence, albeit that too is not proved beyond the suppositions of the scientific community and its supporters that believe their explanations. That too takes faith and perhaps a little wishful thinking also.

  9. #89
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,627

    Re: Does Jesus talk to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by rsixing View Post
    What I'm disagreeing with is the original response that stated "Last (I) heard the only people who claim to have full explanation of how the universe was made and the purpose behind it are the believers." From my pov both sides of the debate have that position. I know there is much evidence supporting evolution, and I don't discount that there is evidence, albeit that too is not proved beyond the suppositions of the scientific community and its supporters that believe their explanations. That too takes faith and perhaps a little wishful thinking also.
    It takes nothing of the kind. One doesn't have to have any faith to accept evolution as the best supported idea of how life on this planet came to be the way it is. None whatsoever.

    Evolution doesn't address purpose, evolution addresses method. If you're looking for "why", try philosophy, not science.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! The Bitchspot Blog YouTube me! The Bitchspot Channel

  10. #90
    buttonpsi
    Guest

    Re: Does Jesus talk to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    By all means, enjoy that belief. I truly believe atheists have a mental defect that drives them to compulsively prove their perception of their own mental superiority but you didn't see me express that view as an indictment of atheists in this forum.
    Does that "belief" keep you warm at night?

    I think most athiests are that way because they detest the hypocrisy of the religious people in their lives. Most X-tians don't live like X. They see this at an early age and reject the idea altogether. Don't blame athiests, blame Christians because they suck at converting people...I mean...isn't that their job?

    The boss says you're fired.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •