View Poll Results: Does Jesus talk to you?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I hear the voice of god.

    6 9.23%
  • Yes, in the form of signs, dreams, etc., but no voices.

    6 9.23%
  • Maybe, I'm not sure.

    5 7.69%
  • No, I've never experienced this.

    39 60.00%
  • Other (Please Explain).

    9 13.85%
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 180

Thread: Does Jesus talk to you?

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does Jesus talk to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I hate coffee. I like juice, but not so much that it warrants it's own bar.
    I admit, I like my starbucks mocha once a week. But I don't sit around in the shop after I order it.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 11:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Does Jesus talk to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I hate coffee shops and juice bars.
    I like coffee shops.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-28-10 @ 10:03 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: Does Jesus talk to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by rsixing View Post
    Did you try reading all of my posts, and in particular the ones to jallman, in this thread or are you just reacting to this parsed quote? If you don't mind and with all due respect, before I respond any further I would like to know that you have read all my posts in this thread. An affirmation you have would be great and then we can explore what I have written, why I have written it, and the parts you disagree with further.
    If you don't mind with all due respect: this particular one to jallman I partually quoted

    and I also was going to tell jallman that with all due respect in my opinion he went a little bit overboard when he compared ''persecution'' of Christians with''persecution'' of gays.. I think, we Christians feel a lot more secure...But of course i cannot feel what he feels..
    Last edited by justone; 02-06-08 at 06:32 PM.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does Jesus talk to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by justone View Post
    If you don't mind with all due respect: this particular one to jallman I partually quoted

    and I also was going to tell jallman that with all due respect in my opinion he went a little bit overboard when he compared ''persecution'' of Christians with''persecution'' of gays.. I think, we Christians feel a lot more secure...But of course i cannot feel what he feels..
    I don't think there is a persecution, just an intolerance. However, I do see where there is a comparison between the intolerance, socially, of gays and the growing intolerance of Christians.

    Christians are clearly the underdog here...I have a soft spot for underdogs. I tend to root for them and jump in on their sides. Unless its aquapub.

  5. #115
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:13 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    66,686

    Re: Does Jesus talk to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I don't think there is a persecution, just an intolerance. However, I do see where there is a comparison between the intolerance, socially, of gays and the growing intolerance of Christians.

    Christians are clearly the underdog here...I have a soft spot for underdogs. I tend to root for them and jump in on their sides. Unless its aquapub.
    How can 85% of the population be underdogs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does Jesus talk to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    How can 85% of the population be underdogs?
    I don't believe those numbers are at all correct. There is a difference between having been raised Christian and maintaining those beliefs as an adult. I'm not saying that is definitively what throws the numbers off, but I am pretty sure that 85% is not at all close to reality.

    Besides, that has little to do with the fact that Christians don't seem to have this driving need to validate their Christianity by mobbing atheists who profess their atheism. I have yet to see a group of Christians, on this board or anywhere else, dogpile an atheist and try to insult him or her into submission by devaluing his intelligence and questioning his mental health.

    But if a Christian professes his faith and a group of atheists is around to hear it, watch out because its gonna be a verbal lynching.

  7. #117
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    02-16-16 @ 03:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Does Jesus talk to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    -snip-

    But if a Christian professes his faith and a group of atheists is around to hear it, watch out because its gonna be a verbal lynching.
    Usually, a series of statements comes before a reaction from the Atheists you refer to, (though there are a few that are nearly as rabid as some Christians) which prompts a response questioning the "God" of Abraham. I myself rarely bother to bitch slap a Christian, unless they get militant....then out comes the science. Don't even get me started on Noah....heh.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does Jesus talk to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    Usually, a series of statements comes before a reaction from the Atheists you refer to, (though there are a few that are nearly as rabid as some Christians) which prompts a response questioning the "God" of Abraham. I myself rarely bother to bitch slap a Christian, unless they get militant....then out comes the science. Don't even get me started on Noah....heh.
    Conversations like that are acceptable. Science and religion are at odds and have always been at odds. And no matter how outlandish the statements of a Christian, its still no reason to badger them and bully them with assertions of mental defect and low intelligence.

    But, if I can point something out without starting a fight: you even used aggressive language about a hypothetical Christian with the whole "bitch slap" comment. It's that whole attitude that really bugs me about how some atheists deal with Christians from the beginning of the interaction.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-28-10 @ 10:03 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: Does Jesus talk to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    How can 85% of the population be underdogs?
    when 15% are extremly hostile, agressive and relentless

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does Jesus talk to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    How can 85% of the population be underdogs?
    How could the Patriots loose the SuperBowl?

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •