View Poll Results: Read the intro and vote accordingly

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st Amendment

    4 7.27%
  • 2nd Amendment

    11 20.00%
  • 4th Amendment

    1 1.82%
  • 9th Amendment

    0 0%
  • 14th Amendment

    8 14.55%
  • Other.

    31 56.36%
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 181

Thread: What Part of the Constitution Would you change?

  1. #151
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,004

    Re: What Part of the Constitution Would you change?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    As is the mother's body. Hence the contradiction.



    It is not a contradiction to me my friend.... there is only one way to deny a person here the right of "life"......


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  2. #152
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: What Part of the Constitution Would you change?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Only for violent felonious criminals. They wave all their rights the moment they became violent and hurt someone else as far as I am concerned.
    What about the mentally imbalanced? Or the senile? I also personally think that a course in basic training and handling should be required to buy a gun, but that's just me.
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  3. #153
    Frankernaut peepnklown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-16-15 @ 02:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    607

    Re: What Part of the Constitution Would you change?

    I was about to write a book but, I will adhere to the ONE part of the Constitution.
    I would repeal the 14th Amendment because; I agree that it changed the original ideals of federalism.
    'The whole universe is going to die!'

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: What Part of the Constitution Would you change?

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    What about the mentally imbalanced? Or the senile? I also personally think that a course in basic training and handling should be required to buy a gun, but that's just me.
    I agree with that... but once you've been trained to handle a gun, you should be allowed open carry and all.

  5. #155
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    48,256

    Re: What Part of the Constitution Would you change?

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    Also, that would politicize their job even more than it is already. Would you want a Justice to have to worry about his job as he decides a case?
    That's why the percentage is so high. It's not a 50% + 1 thing, it should be something that could only happen if the Justice has really messed up, or used the power of the Judiciary against the rights and liberties of the People. The Justices were given lifelong appointments to isolate them from the pull and whims of the other two branches. But there's nothing to say they shouldn't have to fear the People.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #156
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,631

    Re: What Part of the Constitution Would you change?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    That's why the percentage is so high. It's not a 50% + 1 thing, it should be something that could only happen if the Justice has really messed up, or used the power of the Judiciary against the rights and liberties of the People. The Justices were given lifelong appointments to isolate them from the pull and whims of the other two branches. But there's nothing to say they shouldn't have to fear the People.
    That's why the justices ought to have a single term of 15-20 years max with no possibility of returning to the Court. That way the court changes regularly and the justices aren't really subject to political pressure from the other branches of government.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! The Bitchspot Blog YouTube me! The Bitchspot Channel

  7. #157
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: What Part of the Constitution Would you change?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    That's why the justices ought to have a single term of 15-20 years max with no possibility of returning to the Court. That way the court changes regularly and the justices aren't really subject to political pressure from the other branches of government.
    I'd actually agree... they'd still be chosen the same way, but after 20 years, if they're still there, it's time to switch it up a bit. That way we don't get dying old coots like Rehnquist, or at least we get less of them.

  8. #158
    Advisor MDM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    FL
    Last Seen
    09-24-09 @ 05:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    432

    Cool Re: What Part of the Constitution Would you change?

    The font.










    *
    When faced with the ridiculous, the only appropriate response is ridicule.

    "Gentlemen, I despise each and every one of you."
    - Toyama Koichi

  9. #159
    Student
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    05-25-09 @ 09:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    277

    Re: What Part of the Constitution Would you change?

    The Electoral College. Currently it tilts the presidential election process in favor of small Republican states.

    For one thing, if the states had electoral college votes based on their actual population size, without the extra two votes per state, Gore would have been sworn in as President in 2001, and we would still have a Constitution, an army, an international reputation, an economy, and $5 trillion more in our pockets.

  10. #160
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,004

    Re: What Part of the Constitution Would you change?

    Quote Originally Posted by HelloDollyLlama View Post
    The Electoral College. Currently it tilts the presidential election process in favor of small Republican states.

    For one thing, if the states had electoral college votes based on their actual population size, without the extra two votes per state, Gore would have been sworn in as President in 2001, and we would still have a Constitution, an army, an international reputation, an economy, and $5 trillion more in our pockets.




    no really


    We sir, are a REPUBLIC not a direct democracy. Your ideal would hand elections to the cities and would ultimately lead to the break up of the union.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •