View Poll Results: Is the world fu**** up? Is there any hope left?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope, its not

    13 23.64%
  • Nope, Im so stupid that I cannot see how idiotic things are

    2 3.64%
  • Nope, I like being a selfish and utterly stupid retard

    4 7.27%
  • The rest of the world is, American culture rules

    4 7.27%
  • Yes, obviously, look at us, we are pathetic beings

    5 9.09%
  • Yes, there is absolutely no hope

    3 5.45%
  • Yes, something needs to be done, people need to be enlightened

    21 38.18%
  • Yea, everything is just ****ed, including me

    3 5.45%
  • Something else.. explain..

    12 21.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 233

Thread: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

  1. #31
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Seen
    07-08-08 @ 04:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    619

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Umm...occupation?

    That's not the same as conquering it or having expansionist goals. There is NO support anywhere on the American political spectrum for making Iraq a part of the United States.
    Right, but we are there to set-up a government in the Middle East and because there is oil there.

    Our occupation of Iraq will be temporary. The American people won't stand for it for much longer, and our military can't take the strain for much longer. The US military just isn't built to be an imperial force.
    I forget the government care what the people think. And dont bring up VIetnam, different time, different event.

    The US has relatively little military influence in Latin America, and therefore is not expansionist or imperial. Our influence is primarily economic.
    Imperialism can be economic.

  2. #32
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,808

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Its pathetic to see the direction the world is taking and the worst of it has happened during Americas "watch"..
    Welcome back, Max. It's a shame to see you're still blaming everything on America.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #33
    buttonpsi
    Guest

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    I had a friend who bought a pleasant looking, comfy, old house. It was perfectly fine to live in but a year or so after buying it he realized that a termite infestation had set in and he looked at all of his options about what to do.

    He considered the least invasive alternative, which would have been to simply call Orkin. But he was also getting complaints from the neighbors about his son's trumpet practicing disturbing their reverie. And in the mornings it was a real struggle for a family of four to share just one bathroom. And the neighbor on the other side had a dog that was constantly going over the wooden lathe weaved fence or under/between/through the otherwise thick shrubbery and getting into his yard and crapping there as though he was telling all other dogs that this was HIS bathroom.

    So with everything considered he decided to completely remodel the house inside and out, top to bottom, wiring, plumbing, insulation, sound proofing and solar energy cells and landscaping.

    And though I wouldn't have done it, he liked the fact that it was in a very historic neighborhood and that remodeling not only made it everything he could need, it also made the house viable for at least another 100 years and it retained the look and feel of that once high society neighborhood from the turn of the 19th/20th Century.

    However, the problem with all that was that the remodeling came about at the expense of great inconvenience and disruption to the family's normal way of life. Their youngest once commented that she hated the house and whenever mom and dad were talking about the progress of the work she would sometimes pee on herself (think of the scene in the Exorcist when Regan tells the astronaut at the dinner party he's going to die up there and then she urinates on the floor) or do something else to make them stop talking about what she could only understand was a terrible disruption and bad.

    She thought that the remodeling was bad and that the best thing to do would be to just stop mom and dad from talking about it and then everything would be alright.

    She couldn't understand that the only way things would ever be normal again would be if the job was finished.

    And once it was finished then everything WAS better. Some minor problems always arise even in the best case scenario. But, they are an example of how a short term inconvenience (and truly, who here that complains about the war has been anything more than intellectually affected?) can result in a much better outcome than if nothing at all had been done.

    And it also goes to show that when our war protesters don't understand what's going on but they just don't like it they often act like babies and get really pissy.
    I bet that the corporations making profit off of this war would love you.
    They would kill you, stuff you full of feathers, and call you their mascot.

  4. #34
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 11:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by buttonpsi View Post
    I bet that the corporations making profit off of this war would love you.
    They would kill you, stuff you full of feathers, and call you their mascot.
    And what do the Jihadists call you?

    Infidel? "Useful Idiot" American? Or brother?

    OBL 11/24/02

  5. #35
    Banned Trajan Octavian Titus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    We can't stop here this is bat country!
    Last Seen
    03-05-08 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    20,915

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jray View Post
    Right, but we are there to set-up a government in the Middle East and because there is oil there.
    We are there because Democratization is in long term U.S. and Global interests, it's called Democratic Peace Theory, get used to it.


    Imperialism can be economic.
    What ****ing empire? The thing is that with imperialism from the Roman to the British it requires one thing, a god damn empire, there is no U.S. empire and no your leninist "neo-imperialist" rhetoric which seeks to explain why capitalist nations do not collapse and actually prosper while communist regimes stagnate, gets no play here, I see through the excuses and the bull****.

  6. #36
    buttonpsi
    Guest

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    And what do the Jihadists call you?

    Infidel? "Useful Idiot" American? Or brother?
    I haven't ever been called anything by them because I have never met one.

  7. #37
    buttonpsi
    Guest

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    And what do the Jihadists call you?

    Infidel? "Useful Idiot" American? Or brother?
    I am sorry though, I didn't mean to be so crude.
    What I really meant to say was that you made a horrible analogy.
    You stretched it so far I can't imagine you even believe it.

  8. #38
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,122

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Many persons on the left side of the political spectrim have a hard time understanding how persons on the right side can possibly be sane if they believe what they believe.

    Conversely, many persons on the right side of the political spectrim have a hard time understanding how persons on the left side can possibly be sane if they believe what they believe.

    Thus we have unending debates.


    Person A vs. Person B
    A. I am right.
    A. Here is why.
    B. You must be insane to believe such, because.
    • You are opposite me.
    • Your point does not agree with mine.
    • Your point does not come from a source which agrees with me, so it must be biased, and here is why (gives proof)

    A. You must be insane to believe such, because:
    1. Your given proof is not proof at all, because:
      • I don't agree with it.
      • I don't believe in the credibility of the source you gave for your proof.
    2. I don't agree with you.

    B. You are even more insane than I thought, because your sources are all false.
    A. No, YOUR sources are all false, here's why.
    B. No, they are valid, because your proof as to the truthfullness of my proof is untrue, along with your proof that the proof you gave for the falseness of my proof is true.

    Me reading debate:

    ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #39
    buttonpsi
    Guest

    joke Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Don't have an aneurism Mark, no one is really right. Have some fun.
    The world is a chess board.

  10. #40
    buttonpsi
    Guest

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Many persons on the left side of the political spectrim have a hard time understanding how persons on the right side can possibly be sane if they believe what they believe.

    Conversely, many persons on the right side of the political spectrim have a hard time understanding how persons on the left side can possibly be sane if they believe what they believe.

    Thus we have unending debates.
    The pendulum keeps swinging....are you feeling tired yet?
    You are getting very sleepy.....

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •