View Poll Results: Is the world fu**** up? Is there any hope left?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope, its not

    13 23.64%
  • Nope, Im so stupid that I cannot see how idiotic things are

    2 3.64%
  • Nope, I like being a selfish and utterly stupid retard

    4 7.27%
  • The rest of the world is, American culture rules

    4 7.27%
  • Yes, obviously, look at us, we are pathetic beings

    5 9.09%
  • Yes, there is absolutely no hope

    3 5.45%
  • Yes, something needs to be done, people need to be enlightened

    21 38.18%
  • Yea, everything is just ****ed, including me

    3 5.45%
  • Something else.. explain..

    12 21.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 233

Thread: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

  1. #201
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    ahh i see. But I still believe you assume too much.

    the jobless_rate/unemployment rate went from 6.5% to 6.7%.

    Also lets put this in perspective:The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?-unemplyoment-rate-jpg

    Now lets take a look at what the dreaded unemployment rate actually means: Unemployment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Wow it looks like we aren't that bad off after all.
    Thank you, that graph put some perspective on things, but still the current unemployment trend is quite scary, that you can admit.. I was sure for awhile that unemployment was going to remain low in our "modern" times.. The tendency is quite scary, have it ever risen so fast? Just a few months ago it was below 5%..

    Edit.. Didnt know the unemployment level was so high between 2001-2004.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  2. #202
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Thank you, that graph put some perspective on things, but still the current unemployment trend is quite scary, that you can admit.. I was sure for awhile that unemployment was going to remain low in our "modern" times.. The tendency is quite scary, have it ever risen so fast? Just a few months ago it was below 5%..

    Edit.. Didnt know the unemployment level was so high between 2001-2004.
    Its nothing to worry about yet. Even if unemployment was low it could skyrocket the next day. When I get back home I'll see if I can dig up the unemployment rate for other countries.

    There are plenty more things to be worried about: inflation, wage increases, standard of living, life expectency, etc. Overall the stocks suck and its harder to find a new job... for now. But its nowhere close to a crisis... for now.

    Hell, gas prices are $1.60 a gallon here. Just in time for snowboarding season.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  3. #203
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Its nothing to worry about yet. Even if unemployment was low it could skyrocket the next day. When I get back home I'll see if I can dig up the unemployment rate for other countries.

    There are plenty more things to be worried about: inflation, wage increases, standard of living, life expectency, etc. Overall the stocks suck and its harder to find a new job... for now. But its nowhere close to a crisis... for now.

    Hell, gas prices are $1.60 a gallon here. Just in time for snowboarding season.

    I would worry if I lived in the US, the fundamentals of your economy looks very weak compared with the "gambling" part of the economy(financial markets and so on).. Which in the end will revalue the US economy compared with other and more healthy global economies..
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  4. #204
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I would worry if I lived in the US, the fundamentals of your economy looks very weak
    The fundamentals being what, in your opinion? Seems like you are just making abstract claims without substantiation. That is, you don't know what you are talking about because your economic expertise is nothing more than merely cherry-picked analyses from your news source.

    Care to prove me wrong and expand upon how you have such incredible insight and foresight into the economic woes of the US?

    ...the "gambling" part of the economy(financial markets and so on).. Which in the end will revalue the US economy compared with other and more healthy global economies..
    How do you presume to know this?
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  5. #205
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    The fundamentals being what, in your opinion? Seems like you are just making abstract claims without substantiation. That is, you don't know what you are talking about because your economic expertise is nothing more than merely cherry-picked analyses from your news source.

    Care to prove me wrong and expand upon how you have such incredible insight and foresight into the economic woes of the US?

    How do you presume to know this?
    Fundamentals like INFRASTRUCTURE???
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  6. #206
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Fundamentals like INFRASTRUCTURE???
    You think "INFRASTRUCTURE" isn't a vague notion? I'm asking for specifics because thus far you only deem it necessary to speak using blanket generalizations based on .... [Insert concrete support here]
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  7. #207
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    You think "INFRASTRUCTURE" isn't a vague notion? I'm asking for specifics because thus far you only deem it necessary to speak using blanket generalizations based on .... [Insert concrete support here]
    In Europe it would mean better housing, in the US better public infrastructure like public transport possibilities FOR example.. Imagine the infrastructure we could have built with the money we threw away to the banks and financial markets. Imagine the job creation.. infrastructure could also mean more long government jobs for example. Basically anything that isn't the free market part of the economy in the end, the base or the core of the economy.

    Build for the future, don't throw away money to a failed past!
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  8. #208
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-08-14 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    In general, I think of hope as a destructive habit. I have seen very little good come of it.

  9. #209
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:10 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    66,687

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    The world is ****ed.

    See you on Mars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  10. #210
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Littleton, Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-21-15 @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,036

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Yeah, for a few more months.. The US jobloss rate is now about 600.000 jobs every month.. In november you lost about 550.000.. I dont see Mercedez going bankrupt any time soon, but jobs at GM and Ford arent exactly that safe...

    You don't seem to get it. America has been used to the fast track in regards to options and prosperity. Time to slow down. America will go through this hiccup only to emerge stronger than ever. This is history repeating itself. And as for those jobs...**** those jobs. Unions have become the enemy.

    And despite our jobs being in jeopardy, we are still way ahead of your normal numbers. Shouldn't you be more concerned about what has come to be accepted in Europe? America won't accept this recession, which means that America will bounce when it is time. We only need to stop trying to save what needs to crumble.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •