View Poll Results: Is the world fu**** up? Is there any hope left?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope, its not

    13 23.64%
  • Nope, Im so stupid that I cannot see how idiotic things are

    2 3.64%
  • Nope, I like being a selfish and utterly stupid retard

    4 7.27%
  • The rest of the world is, American culture rules

    4 7.27%
  • Yes, obviously, look at us, we are pathetic beings

    5 9.09%
  • Yes, there is absolutely no hope

    3 5.45%
  • Yes, something needs to be done, people need to be enlightened

    21 38.18%
  • Yea, everything is just ****ed, including me

    3 5.45%
  • Something else.. explain..

    12 21.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 233

Thread: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

  1. #91
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I agree with you yes, but in Europe life was quite prosperous hundreds of years ago..
    Not at all compared to today.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  2. #92
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    Ah yes. The dreamer still convinced that the EU is destined to not dissapoint. Well gee.....

    - European colonialism that has destroyed the tribal harmony in the under developed world to this very day.

    - Two European instigated world wars that saw more devistation and blood shed in one century than in any other.

    - The greatest culprit of death in the 20th century was European Socialist Fascism and Russian and Chinese Communism.


    The worst of "it" appears to be clearly under a European prescription. Then America enters the world as "babysitter" to defend the free world from the Soviet Union. Being new to the game and with only Europe to learn from, a few mistakes are made. And considering our inexperience and the European mess we inherited, I would say that it is remarkable so few mistakes were made. After all, we didn't walk the world into a world war nor did we enter a nuclear war. Today we deal with a European model of international governance that chooses to massage "soveriegnty" to save Europeans (Bosnia), but spare no glance over towards blacks in Africa or Muslims in the Middle East.

    If you ask me (and I don't care if you do), America seems to be left holding the bag and trying to make sense of what Europe largely created. And it also seems to me that under our "watch" we have spared the world from anymore European civil wars gone global.
    Well...what you say is not wrong, but I would not make a big difference between Europe and the USA: aren't you a French/British/Swedish/Dutch colony that was had no geopolitical role until a few decades ago, and that suddenly grew to an independent superpower in 2 or 3 generations?

    So, of course more "bad things" came out of Europe, but that continent has a much older history, while the history of the USA started much later, and began important quite recently.


    So....you're welcome. ......And for Coca~Cola. You're welcome for Coca~Cola too. And our Hollywood. And our Music.
    It is true that since the Fordism, the USA showed the path to the rest of the world on many fields

    By the way...isn't America the first Western country to have a black man as President?
    It is also the only Western country where there is a big black minority for 2 or 3 centuries (North African people arrived in France in the 70's), but it's still a great achievement.


    By the way, Maximus, how is that EU unity holding up these days? Italy and Ireland still going it alone in regards to your economy crisis? And didn't Germany blast them for that only to turn around and announce that they too were going it alone? The tribes have spoken. And c'mon. Let's not pretend that Europe can protect itself either. Forty years of licking World War wounds amounted to a Europe that still needed America to execute most of the missions in Bosnia for you. And ten years after that NATO proves less than prepared to deal with Afghanistan without us doing the heavy lifting.
    It's a question of investments. If European countries spent more on military, and accepted them to go fight abroad, they could be as powerful as the USA.

    But maybe we have a different mentality: when trying to solve the Kivu crisis, our politicians are talking about peace agreements and negociations rather than about sending troops.

  3. #93
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    LOTS of poor people left their families and homes because condition were so poor at home and oppertunities limited.. That was certainly the biggest group of movers, the middle class the smallest and the upper class second to the very poorest...

    Remember, America was created in this way, migration to America was mainly poor people.. Where did you study history? No need to come with such questions, just debate things and refrain from personal attacks, please?
    People moved from the squalor of their native lands to the squalor of ghettoes in New York, Chicago, or Boston or they scratched out a life subsitence farming on the plains. It continued to suck until technological progress was made making life better and more stable for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  4. #94
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I would... Aside from food, water is the only thing humans needs... (and acceptable temperatures of course)
    What about homeless people? (there are 2,000 of them just in Brussels!)
    They don't starve, so...they aren't poor?
    Try to sleep on the street...it's ****ing cold over here at night

  5. #95
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    What about homeless people? (there are 2,000 of them just in Brussels!)
    They don't starve, so...they aren't poor?
    Try to sleep on the street...it's ****ing cold over here at night
    He'd consider it an "adventure."
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  6. #96
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    And we thanked them by giving them a Boston Tea Party. And England sets apart from greater Europe not only by the English channel but by culture. Did you know that even De Gaul sought a future Europe without Britian? It's the English speaking world against the rest of Europe. Always has been. Britian is family. The rest are merely along for the ride.
    Brits are morons.. Its and automatic society with people just being formal machines.. "hey, how do you do?", "fine, you", "care for tea", "yes, then I have to go to work and then get drunk to drown my miserable automatic existence"...

    England is possibly the worst country in the world..

    Aside from that there are disguisting people everywhere, its crammed, dirty, stinky and awful. Horrible women there also..
    Last edited by Maximus Zeebra; 11-26-08 at 06:34 AM.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  7. #97
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Brits are morons.. Its and automatic society with people just being formal machines.. "hey, how do you do?", "fine, you", "care for tea", "yes, then I have to go to work and then get drunk to drown my miserable automatic existence"...

    England is possibly the worst country in the world..

    Aside from that there are disguisting people everywhere, its crammed, dirty, stinky and awful. Horrible women there also..
    Where are YOU from?

    Whatever country it is, you're giving it a bad name. Have you ever even been to any of the countries you hate so much?
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  8. #98
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    Ah yes. The dreamer still convinced that the EU is destined to not dissapoint. Well gee.....
    I certainly hope not.. I have far more hope for our federal government than any of the old fashion average piece of **** governments in any country of the world, including the US.. The US political model was created for a 18th century world, and is merely functioning today.. Many European governments are worse..

    The European Union is a constantly developing modern government, built for the new millenium.. I certainly hope it wount be a fu** up like all the rest.. I also have some hopes for China, they are also building a modern government.. I love the idea of a democratic one party state..


    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    - European colonialism that has destroyed the tribal harmony in the under developed world to this very day.

    - Two European instigated world wars that saw more devistation and blood shed in one century than in any other.

    - The greatest culprit of death in the 20th century was European Socialist Fascism and Russian and Chinese Communism.
    True, the world was even more stupid before than it is now.. But its still damn stupid..


    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    The worst of "it" appears to be clearly under a European prescription. Then America enters the world as "babysitter" to defend the free world from the Soviet Union. Being new to the game and with only Europe to learn from, a few mistakes are made. And considering our inexperience and the European mess we inherited, I would say that it is remarkable so few mistakes were made. After all, we didn't walk the world into a world war nor did we enter a nuclear war. Today we deal with a European model of international governance that chooses to massage "soveriegnty" to save Europeans (Bosnia), but spare no glance over towards blacks in Africa or Muslims in the Middle East.
    Shame is is that the US spent a trillion on the useless fu**ed up war in Iraq when the same amount could have created stability in much of Africa.. Remind me again, why exactly did the US go to Iraq? And why exactly didnt the US go to Africa instead?

    Aside from all this, I didnt live in the past, I live now, I care about what happens now and in the future, we cannot change the past...

    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    If you ask me (and I don't care if you do), America seems to be left holding the bag and trying to make sense of what Europe largely created. And it also seems to me that under our "watch" we have spared the world from anymore European civil wars gone global.
    Europe created America and all your values are European old fashion values, a shame it is that you arent adopting new European values then...

    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    So....you're welcome. ......And for Coca~Cola. You're welcome for Coca~Cola too. And our Hollywood. And our Music. By the way...isn't America the first Western country to have a black man as President? Once again, despite the critics, the nay sayers, and the jealous dregs who seek ways to celebrate our weaknesses and imperfections, America leads the way.
    I only drink water and milk, occationally a fanta and a coca cola, and occationally some alcoholic beverages.. I dont care about coca cola actually, the world would be better off without this unhealthy drink, and personally I would be happy if it was gone..

    Wow, brag about the one archievement of the US.. First western country with a black president.. Nice to see you are over the segregation, congrats.. Should I mention some things that Europeans was first with? Just about anything that has ever happend is the list then..

    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    By the way, Maximus, how is that EU unity holding up these days? Italy and Ireland still going it alone in regards to your economy crisis? And didn't Germany blast them for that only to turn around and announce that they too were going it alone?
    I'd say its going above expectations.. Except the Irish bastards broke competition rules by single handedly guaranteeing without approval the backing up off all deposits in banks.. Something which equals their bankrupcy if they have to follow up this... Germany is wealthy, of course they want to go it alone, but they arent.. Pan European funds have been set up, pan European banks have been bailed out etc etc.. Its going fine.. The Euro is still strong ad by far the best currency in the world, backed up by the biggest and most diverse economy in the world etc etc etc.. bla bla..

    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    The tribes have spoken. And c'mon. Let's not pretend that Europe can protect itself either. Forty years of licking World War wounds amounted to a Europe that still needed America to execute most of the missions in Bosnia for you. And ten years after that NATO proves less than prepared to deal with Afghanistan without us doing the heavy lifting.
    I think Europe actually can protect itself from most enemies.. We have 2 million men in service.. I agree our militaries sucks, which is one of the reasons I favor a European military integration and new defense policies and the recreation and rebuilding of our armed forces. I think it would be best if Europe had a single armed forces which cooperated with the US forces in a new NATO framwork.

    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    But when all is said and done..America can simply pick up its toys and go home. You are stuck over there. Mired in your resentment and loss of power with an unpredictable future in store. A future where America doesn't have to help.
    I am not stuck over here.. Last year I lived in Belgium and Norway, the yea before in Belgium and the Netherlands and Ireland.. So far this year I have lived in Belgium, Norway and now I am currently enjoying living and doing some work in Spain.. My life is fine.. I would love for life to become more unpredictable tho, I hate predictable lifestyles.. I may just enlist in the army for a few years from next year, just for the unpredictability of it..
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  9. #99
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    I prefer the countryside as well. I like visiting big cities (yes, even European cities) but I could never live there. Ever been to Champere (SP?) Switzerland? Most beautiful place I've ever been.
    Nope, havent been to Switzerland, but I plan on visting.. I will surely remember to visit Champere than to look for myself..
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  10. #100
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: The world is fu**ed and utterly with no hope, or is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    Not at all compared to today.
    For the average global citiwen, life still sucks big time, remember that! There are more people who cannot feed themself now than there was people living a few hundred years ago...
    I suffer when they suffer.. I am helpess to do anything alone to change all this.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •