View Poll Results: should civil marriage be aboloshed in favor of holy matrimony only?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because it will stop gay marriage

    0 0%
  • Yes, because everybody in the US should be part of a religion

    0 0%
  • Yes, because most people in the US do not want there to be gay marriage

    0 0%
  • Yes, because there should never have been civil marriage in the first place

    6 17.14%
  • No, because gays can also get married in some churches

    8 22.86%
  • No, because people should be free to also have no religion and be able to marry

    26 74.29%
  • No, because most people support gay marriage

    9 25.71%
  • No, because it is right that there is something like civil marriage

    11 31.43%
  • I don't care, I am already married and I do not plan to re-marry

    0 0%
  • I am unmarried and will never marry, I hate being shackled to some man/woman

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 231

Thread: Republican Steve King wants an abolish civil marriage in the United States

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Republican Steve King wants an abolish civil marriage in the United States

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Impact of Peter Grimm's opinion on Cardinal's marriage: negative a thousand.
    Enjoy your government handouts

  2. #162
    Magic!

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    24,338

    Re: Republican Steve King wants an abolish civil marriage in the United States

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Enjoy your government handouts
    My only regret is that I have to get my check through the government instead of directly from you.

  3. #163
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    52,569

    Re: Republican Steve King wants an abolish civil marriage in the United States

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Yep, pretty much the principles of feminism go out the door when there's a chance to be vindictive and get free money out of it. For some. Some women are against alimony and I do respect that
    There isn't that many principles of feminism in the first place. Once you get past the very basic stuff it's just a bunch of women that disagree and yet all call themselves feminists.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Republican Steve King wants an abolish civil marriage in the United States

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    My only regret is that I have to get my check through the government instead of directly from you.
    Me too. Welfare should work that way.

  5. #165
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,027

    Re: Republican Steve King wants an abolish civil marriage in the United States

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Enjoy your government handouts

    Keep more of my earnings due to lower taxes isn't a "government handout".

    Having my wife as my legal next of kin isn't a "government handout".

    Being able to transfer property to my wife without paying a tax penalty isn't a "government handout".

    etc.

    etc.





    Only in this day and age are people keeping more of their own property considered a "government handout".



    >>>>

  6. #166
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    52,569

    Re: Republican Steve King wants an abolish civil marriage in the United States

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Yep, pretty much the principles of feminism go out the door when there's a chance to be vindictive and get free money out of it. For some. Some women are against alimony and I do respect that
    And so called feminists calling free stuff a human right is pretty common. What I enjoy even more from them though is when they call stuff like breast pump rooms a woman's rights. Yes babe, having a room to pump your breasts is a right. Whatever you say.

  7. #167
    Magic!

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    24,338

    Re: Republican Steve King wants an abolish civil marriage in the United States

    So once again gay marriage has spurred rants on taxes, welfare, feminism, divorce, blight, drought, volcanoes, etc.

    You know, it's amazing that the anti-ssm side lost.

  8. #168
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    52,569

    Re: Republican Steve King wants an abolish civil marriage in the United States

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    So once again gay marriage has spurred rants on taxes, welfare, feminism, divorce, blight, drought, volcanoes, etc.

    You know, it's amazing that the anti-ssm side lost.
    Well, feminism sucks and is very easy to make fun of. I mean, how easy is it really to make fun of people that think free birth control is a human right? Oh yes, you have a right to have people provide you pills. Gosh, why didn't I think of such an idiotic notion? Oh wait..

  9. #169
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    52,569

    Re: Republican Steve King wants an abolish civil marriage in the United States

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    So once again gay marriage has spurred rants on taxes, welfare, feminism, divorce, blight, drought, volcanoes, etc.

    You know, it's amazing that the anti-ssm side lost.
    Or how easy is to make fun of people that rant and rave about men controlling women in relationships and then demand men do more housework? Stop telling me what to do men! Hey men, why aren't you cleaning, cooking and doing the wash?? Get to work!

  10. #170
    Magic!

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    24,338

    Re: Republican Steve King wants an abolish civil marriage in the United States

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Well, feminism sucks and is very easy to make fun of. I mean, how easy is it really to make fun of people that think free birth control is a human right? Oh yes, you have a right to have people provide you pills. Gosh, why didn't I think of such an idiotic notion? Oh wait..
    Don't forget to mention baggy pants and hip-hop.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •