View Poll Results: Are People Of Religious Faith Typically Bigots?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    14 24.14%
  • No

    44 75.86%
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 179

Thread: Are People Of Religious Faith Typically Bigots?

  1. #141
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,499

    Re: Are People Of Religious Faith Typically Bigots?

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    No, he says this:

    "One of the primary tenets of all religions is that theirs is the right one while all others are either in error or downright evil."

    What empirical evidence is to support the claim that your religion is right and the other religions are wrong "Logic" man?
    Why do you care?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  2. #142
    Educator Dogger807's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Seen
    12-07-16 @ 09:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    964

    Re: Are People Of Religious Faith Typically Bigots?

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    So to you RELIGION causes people to be bad?
    “With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
    Ignorance is the refuge of faith
    It's become very apparent that there is nothing respectable about faith
    "If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people"

  3. #143
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    12,236

    Re: Are People Of Religious Faith Typically Bigots?

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    No, he says this:

    "One of the primary tenets of all religions is that theirs is the right one while all others are either in error or downright evil."

    What empirical evidence is to support the claim that your religion is right and the other religions are wrong "Logic" man?
    Well, he's incorrect and your demand for empirical evidence (you previously wanted empirical evidence for Jesus) is disingenuous, unless you can first provide me with empirical evidence for these individuals from antiquity:

    1. Hippocrates
    2. Attila the Hun
    3. Archimedes of Syracuse
    4. Confucius
    5. Hannibal
    "Progressives aren't really progressive. They're regressive, all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah." - author unknown

  4. #144
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: Are People Of Religious Faith Typically Bigots?

    Very bigoted posting. While it is true that the last church that I belonged, the Unitarian Church, is staunchly pro equal rights for LGBT and has been for years they tend to be very bigoted toward those who believe that homosexual is a perversion and opposed to equal rights for LGBT. So, clearly that church was bigoted. But I suspect that you are one of those who sees everything that you believe to be tolerant and accepting while everyone who opposes your views is a bigot.

  5. #145
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 02:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Are People Of Religious Faith Typically Bigots?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Of course! The essential dialogue is
    "I want what I want to be OK and 'normal' and you have to accept that."

    Well...I accept YOU...but I disagree with what you choose to do. Mind you...feel free to do it...but no, I dont agree with you that it is ok or 'normal'.

    "Auuuuuuuugh!!!! **** you! I hate you! You are an intolerant bigot! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG HHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"
    Do you really not comprehend the idea that criticism does not have to come from a place of hate? Are you only capable of criticizing something if you hate it?

    This is something I've seen popping up a lot lately. There seems to be a trend on the right, conflating criticism and hatred.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  6. #146
    Guru
    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,732
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are People Of Religious Faith Typically Bigots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Do you really not comprehend the idea that criticism does not have to come from a place of hate? Are you only capable of criticizing something if you hate it?

    This is something I've seen popping up a lot lately. There seems to be a trend on the right, conflating criticism and hatred.
    LOL. That's a good one.

  7. #147
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,499

    Re: Are People Of Religious Faith Typically Bigots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogger807 View Post
    “With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
    Nazis. Communism. Trail of tears. Slave trade. And that is just off the top of my head without looking up all the government encouraged massacres.

    "All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothin."

    Edmund Burke
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  8. #148
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,004

    Re: Are People Of Religious Faith Typically Bigots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Do you really not comprehend the idea that criticism does not have to come from a place of hate? Are you only capable of criticizing something if you hate it?

    This is something I've seen popping up a lot lately. There seems to be a trend on the right, conflating criticism and hatred.
    That particular failing is not limited to the right in any way, shape or form. The left has, in fact, reduced it to an art.
    Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, don't blame someone else, or expect others to make a change, you should stop complaining and make a different choice. Remember, the circumstances of your birth don't determine the outcome of your life.

  9. #149
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    54,626

    Re: Are People Of Religious Faith Typically Bigots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Do you really not comprehend the idea that criticism does not have to come from a place of hate? Are you only capable of criticizing something if you hate it?

    This is something I've seen popping up a lot lately. There seems to be a trend on the right, conflating criticism and hatred.


    Psychological Projection

    Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against unpleasant impulses by denying their existence in themselves, while attributing them to others. For example, a person who is rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude.
    Worth noting, Democrats: President Trump will have a Pen and a Phone. #Precedent.

  10. #150
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    54,626

    Re: Are People Of Religious Faith Typically Bigots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogger807 View Post
    “With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
    That's an interesting quote that bears no connection to observed reality whatsoever
    Worth noting, Democrats: President Trump will have a Pen and a Phone. #Precedent.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •