View Poll Results: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    11 15.07%
  • No

    62 84.93%
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 354

Thread: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

  1. #81
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,456

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    The law says nobody gets to discriminate, period. Therefore, Christians are not being held to any different standard than anyone else, hence no discrimination. You really ought to figure out what you're talking about.
    Oh?! So people can't discriminate against the rich or the poor? Guess now I can go to that 5 star restaurant that only allows black ties!
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #82
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,456

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    You seem to think that Christians get extra special privileges because they are Christian. They are required to follow the same non-discrimination laws as everyone else. Their religious beliefs do not grant them special rights, which is exactly what you are arguing for. That isn't discrimination, it's a refusal to allow Christians to be better than everyone else.
    What's ironic here is that you just did exactly what digsbe is talking about only using different words.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #83
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    19,484

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I don't know about "in America" but they damn sure are hated, hounded and denigrated by about half the people in this forum.
    Only the ones that are douchebags about it.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    07-02-15 @ 11:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    61

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    I certainly don't feel Christians are discriminated against. I've seen Christians promote other Christians at work over minorities and even other Christians who didn't share their exact views and the scary part is these people are pretty open about promoting their "Christian fundamentalist network" over others. I've never seen the opposite occur where moderate Christians or non Christians promote like-individuals.

    Conservative Christians have very deep embedded good 'ol boy networks in which they hire or promote their own brand of Christian from very entrenched communities.


    I actually watched a Mike Huckabee interview with Jon Stewart where Mike basically said "Yeah, we want our people over city people or other people" and Jon Stewart was just sorta floored. Christian Conservatives are open in their discrimination.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    26,509

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Oh?! So people can't discriminate against the rich or the poor? Guess now I can go to that 5 star restaurant that only allows black ties!
    There is no law against dress codes. There are laws against discriminating against people on the basis of race, gender and sexual orientation. Try again.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! The Bitchspot Blog YouTube me! The Bitchspot Channel

  6. #86
    I'm colorblind. Are you?
    Lovebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    01-14-17 @ 07:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,037

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    No, I don't think Christians are being discriminated. But I do think that Christians and non Christians are, and should be, appalled by the words and behavior of some so called Christians.

  7. #87
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    26,509

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    What's ironic here is that you just did exactly what digsbe is talking about only using different words.
    I did nothing of the sort. Digbe and many Christians are arguing for special rights for Christians. I am arguing for equal treatment under the law. Just because you don't like black people doesn't mean you get to discriminate against black people. Just because you don't like homosexuals doesn't mean you get to discriminate against homosexuals. I'm every bit as much against a homosexual bakery refusing to bake a cake for Christians as I am the reverse. Everyone follows the same laws, regardless of their personal feelings.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! The Bitchspot Blog YouTube me! The Bitchspot Channel

  8. #88
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    11-11-16 @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,120

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Christians are socially discriminated against,
    How are they discriminated against? Are they told in and stores that their money is no good and because we refuse to serve Christians?
    Try being a younger Christian in today's generation.
    Try being gay/lesbian in today's generation. Try being black in today's generation. Try being Muslim in today's generation. Verbal assaults, name calling, bulling. I am not sure I ever heard anyone being bullied because they loved Jesus.
    Everyone likes to dog and attack people who actually live out their faith. Evangelicals are a mocked and socially persecuted minority.
    I totally disagree. It is possible that their beliefs are not in step with much of the nation at times. But they are certainly not persecuted. The churches are in every town. The rights have been protected since the Constitution was written. The churches and organizations are tax exempt. This is not persecution, it is protections beyond the norm.
    One could argue the lawsuits where Christians were forced to cater to things against their beliefs (gay bakery/photo lawsuits) is also discrimination and intolerance.
    The lawsuits are not persecution against Christians they are lawsuits against businesses and business owners. There is nothing in the constitution that says if a person is Christian they have the right to break any law they don't happen to like because it doesn't suit them.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  9. #89
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,456

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    There is no law against dress codes. There are laws against discriminating against people on the basis of race, gender and sexual orientation. Try again.
    Oh...so discrimination IS allowed? Just not certain kinds of discrimination. Isn't that discrimination in and of itself?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    I did nothing of the sort. Digbe and many Christians are arguing for special rights for Christians. I am arguing for equal treatment under the law. Just because you don't like black people doesn't mean you get to discriminate against black people. Just because you don't like homosexuals doesn't mean you get to discriminate against homosexuals. I'm every bit as much against a homosexual bakery refusing to bake a cake for Christians as I am the reverse. Everyone follows the same laws, regardless of their personal feelings.
    Yes, actually you did. He stated: "The fact that many, and even some on this bored, will jump to label all Evangelicals as "bigots" or "haters" and judge them right from the getgo is a prime example of that.". And what did you say? "it's a refusal to allow Christians to be better than everyone else". Looks to me like you are judging Christians right from the getgo particularly since you made your statement general enough to include all Christians.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #90
    Magic!

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,473

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Oh?! So people can't discriminate against the rich or the poor? Guess now I can go to that 5 star restaurant that only allows black ties!
    Yes, you can. If you can afford the prices and the black tie. If the restaurant is a public business and not a private club (as I'm assuming), then it can't bar you on the basis of you not having a certain income. If you have the black tie and can afford the items on the menu, you're in.

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •