View Poll Results: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    11 15.07%
  • No

    62 84.93%
Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 354

Thread: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

  1. #261
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,795

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    c)I have no reason to seriously consider the possibility of a god.
    Oh oh oh!!! I have a question: would you consider it insulting for me to try and show you evidence? I may turn this into a topic.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  2. #262
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,099

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    That isn't their argument. Their argument is that they don't believe YOU. You are making the claim that God exists. You didn't provide evidence. Ergo they do not believe in your God. Take it one step further. They have never seen definitive evidence of God. They don't believe in God. There is evidence of evolution: that is why they believe in it.

    You are wasting your time.
    They are not, well at least Cephus is not, claiming I don't believe in your God. He is definitively saying God does not exist and that anyone who believes differently from him is an idiot. There is a difference.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  3. #263
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,214

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    There is no ojbectivity means without human bias. This argument works on any theory that has ever existed about how the universe came to be. I could ask you the same thing about how you believe the universe came to exist. You can't prove it any more than anyone else can. I know that because if you could, you would.
    ob·jec·tive
    əbˈjektiv/Submit
    adjective
    1.
    (of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

    Do you ever get tired of being so laughably wrong?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #264
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,099

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    c)I have no reason to seriously consider the possibility of a god.
    I don't doubt that and I am not saying you do. I respect that type of statement.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  5. #265
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,099

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    ob·jec·tive
    əbˈjektiv/Submit
    adjective
    1.
    (of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

    Do you ever get tired of being so laughably wrong?
    You haven't proven me wrong on anything.

    Posting a definition of a word is not proof of my being wrong. If so then,

    gar·den
    ˈɡärdn/
    noun
    1.
    a piece of ground, often near a house, used for growing flowers, fruit, or vegetables.

    There now you are wrong too.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  6. #266
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,795

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    They are not, well at least Cephus is not, claiming I don't believe in your God. He is definitively saying God does not exist and that anyone who believes differently from him is an idiot. There is a difference.
    I've debated him MANY times. He is demanding you prove your version of God. Prove your beliefs. Like I said...that is what it will boil down to. You are wasting your time.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  7. #267
    Almost respectable
    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    33,292

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Oh oh oh!!! I have a question: would you consider it insulting for me to try and show you evidence? I may turn this into a topic.
    I wouldn't be insulted at all. I'll admit to being a bit skeptical, however: I'd think that if evidence existed for God I would have heard of it by now. Then again I don't claim to keep up with all the latest scientific quarterlies.

  8. #268
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,099

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    I've debated him MANY times. He is demanding you prove your version of God. Prove your beliefs. Like I said...that is what it will boil down to. You are wasting your time.
    He can demand all he wants. I don't pretend to be able to prove the existence of God. I don't call people idiots who don't believe what I believe. So let him demand it. I've asked him to prove his beliefs, he won't even acknowledge them or state what they are beyond his belief that there is no God. People exist. We got here somehow. God is just as viable an answer as any other.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  9. #269
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    And that's when the discrimination comes in because you have no evidence - zero - nada - zip - that they would impose those beliefs on the rest of us or that they would use their religious beliefs to override the Constitution.
    Except for all those times that they do. Huckabee specifically is, right now, championing for states to refuse to comply with the constitutional protections of SSM, because of his religious beliefs. He is doing that right now. He is saying that his religious beliefs should trump the constitution. He is doing it today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    Yes you do believe there is no God. You cannot prove it, therefore it is a belief. It is something you believe.
    In order to defend your beliefs, you reduce belief to something infantile.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  10. #270
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,795

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    He can demand all he wants. I don't pretend to be able to prove the existence of God. I don't call people idiots who don't believe what I believe. So let him demand it. I've asked him to prove his beliefs, he won't even acknowledge them or state what they are beyond his belief that there is no God. People exist. We got here somehow. God is just as viable an answer as any other.
    And THAT is why you should understand you are wasting your time
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •