View Poll Results: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    11 15.07%
  • No

    62 84.93%
Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 354

Thread: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

  1. #131
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-11-16 @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Yet reality shows that they are.
    Please provide links to evidence of such.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  2. #132
    Magic!

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,741

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Thanks for admitting that you are assuming. It's really ironic however that you say that I'm ignoring all context when I've pointed out to you that the OP did not give the context that you're giving it. But you still know the context huh?!
    Yes, because the rest of us have been conscious for the last thirty years. Your involvement in this thread is an excellent demonstration of why it's a good idea to start at the beginning of a book rather than, say, the last ten pages.

    It's also an excellent demonstration of why one should know the meanings of words before using them in debate.

  3. #133
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    26,523

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Please provide links to evidence of such.
    He has none.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! The Bitchspot Blog YouTube me! The Bitchspot Channel

  4. #134
    Professor
    Occam's Razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    10-10-15 @ 11:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,069
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Except that simply pointing out severe and systemic hypocrisy is not the only thing that is happening is it? There are groups out there that are purposely trying to push anything Christian out of public spaces. Do you deny this? There are people out there that purposely go out of their way to offend Christians in order to drown them out. Don't believe me? Scan through this forum. Look to the front page, see that section called "Religious Discussions"? Do you know why that had to be made? Do you know why the special rule set is in effect in that section?
    This is a direct response to Christians attempt to push others out of the holidays, declaring its a Christian country first and foremost
    And the general attitude that all other beliefs are subordinate and secondary.

    Read my sig, its been there since yesterday. I no more want Christians to use government force to deny LGBT rights than I want anyone else to deny the Rights of Christians through government force. And like it or not, people have a right to discriminate. Its called the right to association and the right to freedom of speech. Would you like it if I forced you via the government to be with someone that you don't like? That you don't approve of because they smell like a dump? Or any other number of ways in which people decide who they don't want to be around?
    What's the difference between your skewed representation of what I'm saying and Christians claiming they are being attacked because someone prefers to say happy holidays instead of merry Christmas? Falsely claiming victimization is a control tactic for slinging opposing ideas and beliefs.


    Oh sure, people use the government to try and prevent certain kinds of discrimination. But by doing so they are ignoring other types of discrimination. All the while claiming that they're not really discriminating. Just look at this thread for that example.
    Feeling offended does not equal being discriminated against.
    Spin Proof

  5. #135
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,489

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Please provide links to evidence of such.
    Sure: Link
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #136
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,489

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Yes, because the rest of us have been conscious for the last thirty years. Your involvement in this thread is an excellent demonstration of why it's a good idea to start at the beginning of a book rather than, say, the last ten pages.

    It's also an excellent demonstration of why one should know the meanings of words before using them in debate.
    You might have been conscious. But you've kept your eyes shut the whole time. BTW: Your attempt to shut me up via ridicule is not going to work. Might want to try another debate tactic.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #137
    Magic!

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,741

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Sure: Link
    You know, my first reaction to his post was "Ooh, not a smart challenge. With three hundred million people in the United States and access to google at your finger tips, demanding an example of just one instance of discrimination against Christians is really just not smart at all." And then you had to prove the utter lack of substance of your position by doing...that.

    And I'm not trying shut you up. I'm more than happy to point to the cluelessness of your position over and over again. Please keep embarrassing yourself by demonstrating that you learned of this issue this morning.

  8. #138
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,489

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Razor View Post
    This is a direct response to Christians attempt to push others out of the holidays, declaring its a Christian country first and foremost
    And the general attitude that all other beliefs are subordinate and secondary.
    So its perfectly acceptable to fight discrimination with discrimination? Isn't that a lot like the pot calling the kettle black? And is this an admission that Christians are being discriminated against? Or where you just commenting solely on the part that you bolded and ignored the rest of what I said? If so...why'd you ignore it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Razor View Post
    What's the difference between your skewed representation of what I'm saying and Christians claiming they are being attacked because someone prefers to say happy holidays instead of merry Christmas? Falsely claiming victimization is a control tactic for slinging opposing ideas and beliefs.
    I haven't skewed it at all. Please show me where I have done such. However for your example there, Christians aren't claiming victimization because people prefer to say "happy holidays". Christians are claiming that they are being victimized because others want them to say "happy holidays" instead of "merry Christmas".

    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Razor View Post
    Feeling offended does not equal being discriminated against.
    I believe that I've already said this in another post? Admittedly with different words.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #139
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,489

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    You know, my first reaction to his post was "Ooh, not a smart challenge. With three hundred million people in the United States and access to google at your finger tips, demanding an example of just one instance of discrimination against Christians is really just not smart at all." And then you had to prove the utter lack of substance of your position by doing...that.

    And I'm not trying shut you up. I'm more than happy to point to the cluelessness of your position over and over again. Please keep embarrassing yourself by demonstrating that you learned of this issue this morning.
    Do you even realize what it is that I linked to? You've been here for 7 years. Do you remember how this forum used to look? Do you remember that the Religion and Philosophy sections used to be combined? Now...do you remember WHY those two were separated and why the religion section has a special rule set? I remember.

    Your post here was a perfect example of reacting before thinking. You've done the same thing through out this entire thread.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #140
    Magic!

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,741

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Do you even realize what it is that I linked to? You've been here for 7 years. Do you remember how this forum used to look? Do you remember that the Religion and Philosophy sections used to be combined? Now...do you remember WHY those two were separated and why the religion section has a special rule set? I remember.

    Your post here was a perfect example of reacting before thinking. You've done the same thing through out this entire thread.
    Your link went to the DP home page. Might want to check that.

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •