View Poll Results: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    11 15.07%
  • No

    62 84.93%
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 354

Thread: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

  1. #121
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,220
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Just like I can tell them they're being douchebags and they don't have the right not to be offended either. I'm not the one screaming discrimination here.
    Exactly! Except that you are claiming that Christians are not being discriminated against. Yet reality shows that they are.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #122
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,220
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    My choice of the quadriatic equation was specifically chosen, as it appears the meaning of discrimination is your own personal quadriatic equation. If you're not trolling, then you really have no idea how much you're embarrassing yourself.
    Nope, not my own personal quadratic equation. It does appear to be yours though since you continue to want to deny what discrimination actually means.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #123
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    28,079

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Exactly! Except that you are claiming that Christians are not being discriminated against. Yet reality shows that they are.
    Really? Where is a case where they are not discriminating against others first, yet are being actually discriminated against under the law?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #124
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,220
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Really? Where is a case where they are not discriminating against others first, yet are being actually discriminated against under the law?
    Underlined: Now see, here you are just moving the goal posts. The poll question, and the topic of the thread is: "Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?" Why do you want to narrow down the possibilities of discrimination to just the law? But hey, I'll answer anyways just because I'm such a nice guy. But I'm going to ask questions in order to answer it as the answers to those questions should show the discrimination if answered honestly and you use the actual definition of "discrimination".

    Is there or is there not a law on the books that bars Christians from discrimination? Does that law include ALL forms of discrimination?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #125
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,360

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Underlined: Now see, here you are just moving the goal posts. The poll question, and the topic of the thread is: "Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?" Why do you want to narrow down the possibilities of discrimination to just the law? But hey, I'll answer anyways just because I'm such a nice guy. But I'm going to ask questions in order to answer it as the answers to those questions should show the discrimination if answered honestly and you use the actual definition of "discrimination".

    Is there or is there not a law on the books that bars Christians from discrimination? Does that law include ALL forms of discrimination?
    Everyone who isn't pant-on-head retarded knows the question was referring to systematically practiced discrimination. Everyone who isn't pants-on-head retarded is also going with a definition of "discrimination" that people with a GED and higher are going with.

  6. #126
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    28,079

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Underlined: Now see, here you are just moving the goal posts. The poll question, and the topic of the thread is: "Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?" Why do you want to narrow down the possibilities of discrimination to just the law? But hey, I'll answer anyways just because I'm such a nice guy. But I'm going to ask questions in order to answer it as the answers to those questions should show the discrimination if answered honestly and you use the actual definition of "discrimination".

    Is there or is there not a law on the books that bars Christians from discrimination? Does that law include ALL forms of discrimination?
    But we already agree that simply disliking them or speaking out against them isn't discrimination because nobody has a right not to be offended. Discrimination is a legal term, therefore any discrimination has to be legal in nature. So where are these cases? Or are you just blowing smoke, as usual?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #127
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,220
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Everyone who isn't pant-on-head retarded knows the question was referring to systematically practiced discrimination. Everyone who isn't pants-on-head retarded is also going with a definition of "discrimination" that people with a GED and higher are going with.
    Actually the OP doesn't give any specifics. He poses the question and then says "Do you think they are?". That's it. All that you're doing is assuming that he's talking about systemically practiced discrimination of the kind that violates the law. And you know what it means when you assume right?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #128
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,360

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Actually the OP doesn't give any specifics.
    He doesn't need to because he's not pants-on-head retarded and neither are we, and we haven't been living in a cave for the last thirty years. Only a pedant thinks he's being clever by pointing to the literal wording of a question and ignores all context. Everyone else just rolls their eyes and prays he sees something shiny and wanders off.

  9. #129
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,220
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    But we already agree that simply disliking them or speaking out against them isn't discrimination because nobody has a right not to be offended. Discrimination is a legal term, therefore any discrimination has to be legal in nature. So where are these cases? Or are you just blowing smoke, as usual?
    No, discrimination is NOT a legal term. Discrimination does have a legal definition which is applied to the law which prohibits it. But that is a narrowed down definition of discrimination in order to prevent the law from affecting other forms of discrimination. Or do you seriously believe that the word "discrimination" only came about due to affirmative action laws? God I hope not!

    And no, we did not agree that simply disliking them "isn't discrimination". Where did I ever agree to that? Stop putting words in my mouth. And just because no one has a right to not be offended does not mean that they still cannot discriminate.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #130
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,220
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    He doesn't need to because he's not pants-on-head retarded and neither are we, and we haven't been living in a cave for the last thirty years. Only a pedant thinks he's being clever by pointing to the literal wording of a question and ignores all context. Everyone else just rolls their eyes and prays he sees something shiny and wanders off.
    Thanks for admitting that you are assuming. It's really ironic however that you say that I'm ignoring all context when I've pointed out to you that the OP did not give the context that you're giving it. But you still know the context huh?!
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •