View Poll Results: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    11 15.07%
  • No

    62 84.93%
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 354

Thread: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

  1. #91
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,545

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Yes, you can. If you can afford the prices and the black tie. If the restaurant is a public business and not a private club (as I'm assuming), then it can't bar you on the basis of you not having a certain income. If you have the black tie and can afford the items on the menu, you're in.
    Sorry, thought that it was pretty obvious that I was being sarcastic in order to make a point. Guess I'll try and be a bit less subtle next time. The point in this case is that a black tie restaurant won't let anyone in that isn't wearing a black tie, even if they have the money to pay for the food. Which is considered discrimination.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #92
    Kind of extraordinary

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,776

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Sorry, thought that it was pretty obvious that I was being sarcastic in order to make a point. Guess I'll try and be a bit less subtle next time. The point in this case is that a black tie restaurant won't let anyone in that isn't wearing a black tie, even if they have the money to pay for the food. Which is considered discrimination.
    Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?-question-31842991-jpg

    Wiki "discrimination" and get back to us. In every single post, in this thread and previous ones, you've consistently demonstrated a complete lack of comprehension of the word, and as such you are unqualified to participate in this discussion.

  3. #93
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    03-26-17 @ 01:04 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    23,006

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by rationality View Post
    Do you think they are?
    Nope. The consistently make their own bed and then have to lie in it. They don't like that so they play the victim.
    “looking with fondness towards a reconciliation with Great Britain…I…would rather be dependent on Great Britain, properly limited, than with any other nation on earth or on no nation”. Thomas Jefferson; August 25 1775

  4. #94
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,545

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?-question-31842991-jpg

    Wiki "discrimination" and get back to us. In every single post, in this thread and previous ones, you've consistently demonstrated a lack of comprehension of the word, and as such you are unqualified to participate in this debate.
    Actually I don't think you know what it means.

    1a : the act of discriminating

    b : the process by which two stimuli differing in some aspect are responded to differently

    2: the quality or power of finely distinguishing


    3a : the act, practice, or an instance of discriminating categorically rather than individually

    b : prejudiced or prejudicial outlook, action, or treatment <racial discrimination>
    Merriam-Webster ~ Discrimination
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #95
    Kind of extraordinary

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,776

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Actually I don't think you know what it means.



    Merriam-Webster ~ Discrimination
    Well you can certainly cut and paste, I'll give you that. You still don't know what it means, unfortunately, which is why I suggested you wiki it. Perhaps it will give you comprehension of the word, especially as it is discussed in this context. Until then, debating you on this topic is like debating the causes of the American Civil War with someone who thinks the conflict involved Nazis and aliens and took place in China. In other words, thoroughly unqualified to participate in the discussion.

  6. #96
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,545

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Well you can certainly cut and paste, I'll give you that. You still don't know what it means, unfortunately, which is why I suggested you wiki it. Perhaps it will give you comprehension of the word, especially as it is discussed in this context. Until then, debating you on this topic is like debating the causes of the American Civil War with someone who thinks the conflict involved Nazis and aliens and took place in China. In other words, thoroughly unqualified to participate in the discussion.
    Cute. Sorry but whether you like it or not the fact is that some discrimination is allowed by people and some isn't. Which is in and of itself is discrimination. I know you would like to keep it all narrow and all in order to prevent people from pointing out hypocrisy but the facts are the facts. And you can't pretend that the definition doesn't show the hypocrisy. You might want to try and ignore it and you might want to try and narrow it down to suit your agenda but the fact remains, people discriminate about ALL types of things. It is simply a fact of life and the way human beings are. There's nothing inherently wrong with discrimination. Its how people perceive discrimination that makes it right or wrong. But in the end don't pretend that [insert whatever here] isn't discrimination. All that does is perpetuate negative discrimination.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #97
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    27,060

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Oh...so discrimination IS allowed? Just not certain kinds of discrimination. Isn't that discrimination in and of itself?
    There are laws against discrimination. Nobody gets to break them for any reason. Get over yourself.

    Yes, actually you did. He stated: "The fact that many, and even some on this bored, will jump to label all Evangelicals as "bigots" or "haters" and judge them right from the getgo is a prime example of that.". And what did you say? "it's a refusal to allow Christians to be better than everyone else". Looks to me like you are judging Christians right from the getgo particularly since you made your statement general enough to include all Christians.
    No Christian bakeries are being shut down proactively because they just might discriminate, the only ones that do are the ones that actually are discriminating. Nobody is discriminating against Christians, they are going after bigots. There is no right to get away from being a douchebag without consequence. Rent a clue.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! The Bitchspot Blog YouTube me! The Bitchspot Channel

  8. #98
    Kind of extraordinary

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,776

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Cute. Sorry but whether you like it or not the fact is that some discrimination is allowed by people and some isn't. Which is in and of itself is discrimination. I know you would like to keep it all narrow and all in order to prevent people from pointing out hypocrisy but the facts are the facts. And you can't pretend that the definition doesn't show the hypocrisy. You might want to try and ignore it and you might want to try and narrow it down to suit your agenda but the fact remains, people discriminate about ALL types of things. It is simply a fact of life and the way human beings are. There's nothing inherently wrong with discrimination. Its how people perceive discrimination that makes it right or wrong. But in the end don't pretend that [insert whatever here] isn't discrimination. All that does is perpetuate negative discrimination.
    You participating in this discussion would be like me participating in the gun forum thinking a gun was a bow and arrow. For your sake, learn the meaning of the word and stop embarrassing yourself.

  9. #99
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,545

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    You participating in this discussion would be like me participating in the gun forum thinking a gun was a bow and arrow. For your sake, learn the meaning of the word and stop embarrassing yourself.
    I'd suggest that you stop trying to narrow it down to fit your agenda. Would make your arguments much more believable about wanting to stop negative discrimination.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #100
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    51,647

    Re: Do you feel Christians are Discriminated against in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by rationality View Post
    Do you think they are?
    Absolutely not.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •