View Poll Results: My marriage

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • changed

    3 6.12%
  • is exactly the same

    35 71.43%
  • is better thanks to SCOTUS ruling

    4 8.16%
  • is completely worthless thanks to SCOTUS ruling

    2 4.08%
  • has been ruined thanks to SCOTUS ruling

    2 4.08%
  • I'm divorcing because of SCOTUS ruling

    2 4.08%
  • what ruling? Who's SCOTUS?

    1 2.04%
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 318

Thread: Has your marriage changed since SCOTUS ruling?

  1. #91
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,907

    Re: Has your marriage changed since SCOTUS ruling?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    “If the law supposes that,…the law is a ass - a idiot”—Charles Dickens, Oliver Twist

    With the Nix v. Hedden, 149 U.S. 304 (1893) ruling, the Supreme Court established, as “the law of the land”, that a tomato is not a fruit. Of course, this was a nonsensical ruling. By every accepted biological definition, a tomato is, indeed, a fruit, and the court ruling otherwise would not change this.

    Implementing an unalterable falsehood into law does not make it true; it remains every bit as false as before. All that is thus accomplished is to make a mockery of the rule of law itself.

    Trying to define, by law, the concept of marriage to include anything other than a specific type of union between a man and a woman is exactly the same sort of mockery of law as ruling that a tomato is not a fruit. A tomato remains what it is, and marriage remains what it is, regardless of any absurd attempt to define it otherwise by law.
    The law defines what marriage is in the law, not science. Marriage is a concept, invented by men, not a natural physical object, with definable characteristics.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #92
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Has your marriage changed since SCOTUS ruling?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Yes or no, and why if yes. Please.

    How long have you been married?

    Did the SSM ruling by SCOTUS somehow change your marriage?
    Silly question and never an issue. What the decision did was highlight that the SCOTUS does not rule according to Constitution as is their oath, but rather social engineering.
    Roberts wrote: "If you are among the many Americans -- of whatever sexual orientation -- who favor expanding same-sex marriage, by all means celebrate today's decision. ... But do not celebrate the Constitution. It had nothing to do with it."

  3. #93
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    12-01-16 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Has your marriage changed since SCOTUS ruling?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    The law defines what marriage is in the law, not science. Marriage is a concept, invented by men, not a natural physical object, with definable characteristics.
    Marriage was established and defined by God, not by man, and no mortal institution has the authority to override God on this matter. Those who presume to do so will one day stand before God to be judged, and they will be held fully accountable for this evil.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  4. #94
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:44 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    20,302

    Re: Has your marriage changed since SCOTUS ruling?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    “If the law supposes that…the law is a ass - a idiot”—Charles Dickens, Oliver Twist

    With the Nix v. Hedden, 149 U.S. 304 (1893) ruling, the Supreme Court established, as “the law of the land”, that a tomato is not a fruit. Of course, this was a nonsensical ruling. By every accepted biological definition, a tomato is, indeed, a fruit, and the court ruling otherwise would not change this.

    Implementing an unalterable falsehood into law does not make it true; it remains every bit as false as before. All that is thus accomplished is to make a mockery of the rule of law itself.

    Trying to define, by law, the concept of marriage to include anything other than a specific type of union between a man and a woman is exactly the same sort of mockery of law as ruling that a tomato is not a fruit. A tomato remains what it is, and marriage remains what it is, regardless of any absurd attempt to define it otherwise by law.
    Yeah, the constitution's kinda funny that way. Saudi Arabia doesn't allow gay marriage; go there.
    You can dance without a lawyer

  5. #95
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,907

    Re: Has your marriage changed since SCOTUS ruling?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Marriage was established and defined by God, not by man, and no mortal institution has the authority to override God on this matter. Those who presume to do so will one day stand before God to be judged, and they will be held fully accountable for this evil.
    No. You can't even prove God exists, so God cannot be part of any ruling in a court of law. If I am wrong, then I will face His judgement, not yours. But that doesn't change the fact that you cannot prove your assertions, despite trying to complain about this ruling by pointing out a ruling where the SCOTUS defied scientific facts about a tomato. In order for this to be a valid comparison, then you need to show a similar comparison, not the complete opposite, turning to your belief system, rather than facts.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #96
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    12-01-16 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Has your marriage changed since SCOTUS ruling?

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah, the constitution's kinda funny that way. Saudi Arabia doesn't allow gay marriage; go there.
    Nothing in the Constitution supports this immoral redefinition and undermining of marriage.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  7. #97
    fallor ergo sum
    Nilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:49 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,020

    Re: Has your marriage changed since SCOTUS ruling?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Yes or no, and why if yes. Please.

    How long have you been married?

    Did the SSM ruling by SCOTUS somehow change your marriage?
    I am unmarried, but since the ruling, the number of people I'm allowed to marry has practically doubled!!! My chances of dying alone and forgotten have roughly halved! Good going SCOTUS.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Nothing in the Constitution supports this immoral redefinition and undermining of marriage.
    Pssst, the constitution never defined marriage in the first place.
    "Education is the only thing you can do that will change society. Everything else is just a band-aid." - Jacqueline de Chollet
    "Boys will be boys. But boys will not be president." - Ronald Regan
    "The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy." - Donald J. Trump

  8. #98
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    12-01-16 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Has your marriage changed since SCOTUS ruling?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No. You can't even prove God exists, so God cannot be part of any ruling in a court of law. If I am wrong, then I will face His judgement, not yours.
    You won't be able to claim that you weren't warned, that you didn't know.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  9. #99
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    11-11-16 @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,120

    Re: Has your marriage changed since SCOTUS ruling?

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I think that's wonderful for you and if you're happy, even better. The religious right has just been handed their hat and that's as it should be.

    I've been married for over 20 years, we're still young (50s) and we've been showered with grandchildren.

    It's been 46 years since the Stonewall riot and we're finally at a balance.
    Congrats on the marriage and the Grandchildren.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  10. #100
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:44 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    20,302

    Re: Has your marriage changed since SCOTUS ruling?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Nothing in the Constitution supports this immoral redefinition and undermining of marriage.
    The constitution is not a moral or religious document.
    You can dance without a lawyer

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •