View Poll Results: Is Political Correctness Real

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    83 83.00%
  • No

    8 8.00%
  • Other

    9 9.00%
Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 456

Thread: Political Correctness

  1. #241
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Last Seen
    08-04-15 @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    981

    Re: Political Correctness

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    You might be behaving a tad hyper-sensitive here
    It's an emergency. Anyone who's had any dealing with the new Stasi should know that.

  2. #242
    Sage
    ThePlayDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-04-16 @ 04:14 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,608

    Re: Political Correctness

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    It is intimidation. We had a couple of women complaining that women were not properly represented in leadership positions and two got jobs 1 of which was mine (when it came up for applications again). I said that it was sexism and was soundly yelled at by people and who were soundly defeated in the debate by me. Those women got their job because of their gender. That is sexism. I am very unpopular with some of the staff because of that and that is reverse political correctness. It is OK to be sexist if it promotes an agenda.
    Or maybe they were more qualified, but had been previously looked over because of their gender and now they got the job that was rightfully theirs and you lost the privilege of getting something you didn't deserve.
    "It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to." - W. C. Fields

  3. #243
    Magic!

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    24,427

    Re: Political Correctness

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I have no idea what this means///
    You can't completely control the politics in any situation (although there are certainly things you can do nudge them in your favor). But there is one thing you have absolute god-like control over: be better than everybody else. Combined with an attention to your business and social relationships, you can really start to stack the odds back onto your side.

  4. #244
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,995

    Re: Political Correctness

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    You might be behaving a tad hyper-sensitive here
    How is the woman getting the job after complaining about not having the job for reasons ONLY RELATING TO gender, and then getting the job, serving the greater good?
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  5. #245
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,995

    Re: Political Correctness

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Or maybe they were more qualified, but had been previously looked over because of their gender and now they got the job that was rightfully theirs and you lost the privilege of getting something you didn't deserve.
    She was actually less qualified but you are free to assume anything you like... Instead of automatically assuming I am lying or ignorant of my own situation it would really be refreshing to see you just answer the ****ing question based off of what was presented but I have to assume that runs counter to your world view.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  6. #246
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,995

    Re: Political Correctness

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    You can't completely control the politics in any situation (although there are certainly things you can do nudge them in your favor). But there is one thing you have absolute god-like control over: be better than everybody else. Combined with an attention to your business and social relationships, you can really start to stack the odds back onto your side.
    Agreed... although as I pointed out and happens over and over in our brave new politically correct world, that is not always enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  7. #247
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-01-16 @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Political Correctness

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    How is the woman getting the job after complaining about not having the job for reasons ONLY RELATING TO gender, and then getting the job, serving the greater good?
    What do you actually KNOW about this situation? Honestly. Unless someone in HR is leaking information to you
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  8. #248
    Sage
    ThePlayDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-04-16 @ 04:14 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,608

    Re: Political Correctness

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    She was actually less qualified but you are free to assume anything you like... Instead of automatically assuming I am lying or ignorant of my own situation it would really be refreshing to see you just answer the ****ing question based off of what was presented but I have to assume that runs counter to your world view.
    I said "maybe". I have no reason to trust your word and I also don't know that you are wrong. No need to get upset about it.
    "It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to." - W. C. Fields

  9. #249
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,995

    Re: Political Correctness

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    What do you actually KNOW about this situation? Honestly. Unless someone in HR is leaking information to you
    I know almost everything about this situation and since so much of it was very open it wasn't that hard to understand it, in all honesty.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  10. #250
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-01-16 @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Political Correctness

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I know almost everything about this situation and since so much of it was very open it wasn't that hard to understand it, in all honesty.
    What does almost everything mean though? Did you get input directly from HR or are you speculating?
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •