View Poll Results: IRS: Corrupt or Inept

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Corrupt

    12 60.00%
  • Inept

    1 5.00%
  • Other: You should be embarrased to vote for this one.

    7 35.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: IRS: Corrupt or Inept

  1. #1
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,020

    IRS: Corrupt or Inept

    I can't see any other option, in all honesty. Does ANYBODY actually believe that erasing/losing all Lois's emails is really an honest mistake anymore?

    Shouldn't these people lose their jobs?

    Shouldn't these people be put in prison?

    I know that the IRS wouldn't let us off with an, "ooops, sorry I lost my receipts".

    We would be fined or jailed for tax evasion.

    Hypocrisy... of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #2
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,138

    Re: IRS: Corrupt or Inept

    There's no reason they can't be considered both therefore I voted other.
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  3. #3
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: IRS: Corrupt or Inept

    Government is inherently inept, not necessarily corrupt though.

    I'd have to read more on the IRS to determine whether or not the agency as a whole is simply corrupt.

    Inept, however, is a GIVEN.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  4. #4
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: IRS: Corrupt or Inept

    It's both. You need a "both" option or allow us to check both corrupt and inept.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #5
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: IRS: Corrupt or Inept

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    It's both. You need a "both" option or allow us to check both corrupt and inept.
    Other?
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  6. #6
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,475

    Re: IRS: Corrupt or Inept

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I can't see any other option, in all honesty. Does ANYBODY actually believe that erasing/losing all Lois's emails is really an honest mistake anymore?

    Shouldn't these people lose their jobs?

    Shouldn't these people be put in prison?

    I know that the IRS wouldn't let us off with an, "ooops, sorry I lost my receipts".

    We would be fined or jailed for tax evasion.

    Hypocrisy... of course.


    Seriously?

    You need to ask?

    Lets see, Illegal spying, illegal harassment of a legal political party, destruction of public property, obstruction of justice and being ugly in a public place.

    Oh wait, ah heck, you're an Amerikan liberal, all that is a requirement for membership in the democratic party
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  7. #7
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,020

    Re: IRS: Corrupt or Inept

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    There's no reason they can't be considered both therefore I voted other.
    My bad... you are absolutely correct and now I am embarrased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  8. #8
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,138

    Re: IRS: Corrupt or Inept

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    My bad... you are absolutely correct and now I am embarrased.
    You should be. This is why we can't have nice things.







    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,020

    Re: IRS: Corrupt or Inept

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Seriously?

    You need to ask?

    Lets see, Illegal spying, illegal harassment of a legal political party, destruction of public property, obstruction of justice and being ugly in a public place.

    Oh wait, ah heck, you're an Amerikan liberal, all that is a requirement for membership in the democratic party
    I was agreeing with you and then I hit the bold and

    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,020

    Re: IRS: Corrupt or Inept

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    You should be. This is why we can't have nice things.







    I thought that was because I spaz a lot and run into tables, cabinets and old people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •