View Poll Results: Should the Confederate Flag be abolished?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    55 29.57%
  • No

    131 70.43%
Page 79 of 270 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 2695

Thread: Confederate Flag[W:1518,2230, 2241]

  1. #781
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,995

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Actually what I did was ASK YOU A QUESTION. A question you were impotent to answer.

    If you want to cut and run -that is up to you. Citing the same post that you took exception to the first time WITHOUT providing the explanation as to what was wrong with it with any evidence that you claim was there is you NOT proving your claims.
    It is not cutting and running... it is telling you that I was not referring to slavery but you seem to think that I was and keep compounding your error. Really silly actually...

    What is even more silly is seeing this digitusmedius try to piggy back you on this fruitless endeavor. If you are unclear then ask for clarification instead... make sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  2. #782
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,995

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Why then were you impotent to use that same function to back up your claims about me? You like to lecture others but fail to live up to your own standards. Why is that?
    When? You and I have been having a back and forth since you came in and created this ridiculous tangent in which you are burying yourself in folly...
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  3. #783
    Actually I am.

    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,388

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseLoverGirl View Post
    Yeah its sad that history is being revised to make the South look like the villains.
    Confederate Flag[W:1518,2230, 2241]-impliedfacepalm-jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug
    Asking Sarah Palin to head up the Department of Education is like asking Hitler to head up a human rights advocacy group.

  4. #784
    Actually I am.

    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,388

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseLoverGirl View Post
    Like I said, most of my historical research is in heaven now. Sorry to burst some bubbles.
    Books aren't in Heaven.
    Periodicals aren't in Heaven.
    Academic sources aren't in Heaven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug
    Asking Sarah Palin to head up the Department of Education is like asking Hitler to head up a human rights advocacy group.

  5. #785
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    73,260

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    It is not cutting and running... it is telling you that I was not referring to slavery but you seem to think that I was and keep compounding your error. Really silly actually...

    What is even more silly is seeing this digitusmedius try to piggy back you on this fruitless endeavor. If you are unclear then ask for clarification instead... make sense?
    This entire discussion about the Confederate flag is inseparable with the very idea of slavery.

    I did ask you for a clarification with my question. One that you were impotent to answer with any evidence support your claim. Instead you were far more interested in putting on the robe of the judge and pronouncing your victory.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #786
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    73,260

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    When? You and I have been having a back and forth since you came in and created this ridiculous tangent in which you are burying yourself in folly...
    Again with the self serving pronouncements devoid of any evidence to support them.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #787
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,995

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    This entire discussion about the Confederate flag is inseparable with the very idea of slavery.

    I did ask you for a clarification with my question. One that you were impotent to answer with any evidence support your claim. Instead you were far more interested in putting on the robe of the judge and pronouncing your victory.
    The only victory I have is one handed to me by you... you asked for clarification about an issue I was not referrencing and I informed you of that. You have since told me I am wrong. Well, since you know what I was talking about even though you did not know what I was talking about, I guess this is over. Just look below:

    Again with the self serving pronouncements devoid of any evidence to support them.
    See ^^^ You can't follow the chronology of your own debate with me... what is the point of continuing at this point? Please let me know the benefit of doing so. Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  8. #788
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    73,260

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    The only victory I have is one handed to me by you... you asked for clarification about an issue I was not referrencing and I informed you of that. ..
    no - and you have yet to do so. All you did was pronounce my failure without any evidence of it accompanied by analysis and explanation as why it failed. And you still have not provided it despite many posts asking you to do so.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #789
    Guru
    digitusmedius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseLoverGirl View Post
    Like I told you before, my sources are in heaven.
    You mean granddaddy was your only source for your England and France fable? Sheez, this is sooo much fun.

  10. #790
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,029

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Which is a euphemism of saying that slavery was the cause of the war. Absent slavery there would have been no secession and no conflict.
    "South Carolina ought to know what was the cause of her seceding"....


    " A half-century after serving the Confederate cause, John Singleton Mosby, legendary leader of Mosby's Rangers, offered no apologies for his southern loyalties. He was quite candid about his reason for fighting. "The South went to war on account of slavery," he said. "South Carolina went to war - as she said in her secession proclamation - because slavery would not be secure under Lincoln." Then he added as if to dispel all doubt, "South Carolina ought to know what was the cause of her seceding."

    story (U.S. National Park Service)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •