View Poll Results: Should the Confederate Flag be abolished?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    55 29.57%
  • No

    131 70.43%
Page 134 of 270 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2695

Thread: Confederate Flag[W:1518,2230, 2241]

  1. #1331
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    11-24-16 @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,527

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseLoverGirl View Post
    Revisionist my foot! I was stuck with revisionist history in school. Luckily my granddaddy straightened it out for me. You actually remind me of my 3rd grade teacher, a woman from Illinois who swore that Lincoln was a saint. Should have seen her when my granddaddy got through with her! She probably never taught the War for Southern Independence the same way again.
    The southern cause died at pickets charge and Vicksburg.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  2. #1332
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,697

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseLoverGirl View Post
    Saddam had WMD's, we know that. He was slicker than GWB ever knew. Besides when we invaded and took out Saddam, the rest of the world had our backs.

    Then the United States is the biggest **** up on the planet......

    What you claim is so well know could not be found by the biggest invasion force since D-Day!

    No, the rest of the world did NOT have your backs.....in fact your best friend Canada said "**** off..."

    Man you sure have an active imagination!
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

  3. #1333
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,029

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseLoverGirl View Post
    Revisionist my foot! I was stuck with revisionist history in school. Luckily my granddaddy straightened it out for me. You actually remind me of my 3rd grade teacher, a woman from Illinois who swore that Lincoln was a saint. Should have seen her when my granddaddy got through with her! She probably never taught the War for Southern Independence the same way again.
    I went to the eight grade in Phoenix and had a spinster history teacher that preached white supremacy and literally broke down in tears as she pleaded for us to not mix the races. Oh noes, not the mixing of the races. She was a little ex pat German Nazi...really. My granddaddy would've been spitting teeth if he knew that white supremacy was being taught in public schools by Nazi's. The kids used to make fun of her....order twenty pizzas sent to her house....toilet paper her yard.....

  4. #1334
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,697

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseLoverGirl View Post
    Who was your US history teacher, a descendant of Lincoln?
    Well I had several, there was about four in high school in the US, and at least three Phd's in college non of whom would have the faintest idea of what you are talking about.

    What I see is a lot of worked up hate and good reason, if you were the norm, to ban that flag all together.
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

  5. #1335
    Educator HorseLoverGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lexington North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 06:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,207

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Well I had several, there was about four in high school in the US, and at least three Phd's in college non of whom would have the faintest idea of what you are talking about.

    What I see is a lot of worked up hate and good reason, if you were the norm, to ban that flag all together.
    The only thing you proved is that history is not taught from both sides, ever, unless you happen to have a teacher who actually studies both sides.
    Life is short, ride a horse

  6. #1336
    Educator HorseLoverGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lexington North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 06:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,207

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I went to the eight grade in Phoenix and had a spinster history teacher that preached white supremacy and literally broke down in tears as she pleaded for us to not mix the races. Oh noes, not the mixing of the races. She was a little ex pat German Nazi...really. My granddaddy would've been spitting teeth if he knew that white supremacy was being taught in public schools by Nazi's. The kids used to make fun of her....order twenty pizzas sent to her house....toilet paper her yard.....
    Oh yeah the pizza prank! Did that to my 6th grade teacher and got in BIG trouble! She hated me anyway so I didn't care if she hated me the rest of the year.
    Life is short, ride a horse

  7. #1337
    Actually I am.

    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,388

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseLoverGirl View Post
    Not a believer in karma huh? Sad for you.
    Nope. I'm not a Buddhist. I'm a Christian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug
    Asking Sarah Palin to head up the Department of Education is like asking Hitler to head up a human rights advocacy group.

  8. #1338
    Educator HorseLoverGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lexington North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 06:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,207

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Then the United States is the biggest **** up on the planet......

    What you claim is so well know could not be found by the biggest invasion force since D-Day!

    No, the rest of the world did NOT have your backs.....in fact your best friend Canada said "**** off..."

    Man you sure have an active imagination!
    We had England, France, and other countries though. Did Canada even get in the middle of this? Or did England take care of them? I know when Saddam moved the WMD's so we wouldn't find them (which he had been doing since the 1st Gulf conflict) the rest of the world was wondering where GWB's head was.
    Life is short, ride a horse

  9. #1339
    Educator HorseLoverGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lexington North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 06:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,207

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Nope. I'm not a Buddhist. I'm a Christian.
    Karma is still real no matter what religion
    Life is short, ride a horse

  10. #1340
    Educator HorseLoverGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lexington North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 06:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,207

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    The southern cause died at pickets charge and Vicksburg.
    Had we not lost Stonewall at Chancellorsville, the outcome would likely have been different.
    Life is short, ride a horse

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •