View Poll Results: Should the Confederate Flag be abolished?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    55 29.57%
  • No

    131 70.43%
Page 126 of 270 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2695

Thread: Confederate Flag[W:1518,2230, 2241]

  1. #1251
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,264

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm sorry, I assume you know what you write.

    You: The American flag does NOT represent slavery...

    Me: It does today.

    Then I gave you an article on why it does.
    No, that article did NOT back that claim. Hence my justifiable confusion.

  2. #1252
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,264

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseLoverGirl View Post
    Read The South Was Right then come back
    I don't want to read some provably false KKK-esque propaganda.

  3. #1253
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    46,104

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    You know how you just said that some people celebrate a flag for one reason and some for another? Well some people do not celebrate flags for one reason and some for another. Dont lump me in with those morons you are annoyed with.


    Btw there isnt many Germans using a flag of a faction that destroyed their country as a symbol of their heritage. Think about how stupid it would be for Germans to fly Nazi flags celebrating their heritage. I suspect that Jews would be highly offended by such a thing. So it is no surprise that African Americans are upset about a flag from a faction that went to war for a States right to keep black people as slaves, for as long as they could. That sounds a lot worse than the North and their not knowing what to do with freemen of African decent. Oh thats right Lincoln figured out that they should be allowed to vote.
    MOST Southerners do not view flag with the same sentiment you and/or others assign it.

  4. #1254
    Educator HorseLoverGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lexington North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 06:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,207

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    I don't want to read some provably false KKK-esque propaganda.
    So you don't want to know the truth. Figures people think that way.
    Life is short, ride a horse

  5. #1255
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    46,104

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    Wtf??

    How can you not understand that having a sign that says "Black people are inferior," attached to a state capital has a significant impact on black americans, and even other minority populations who feel alienated and intimidated by a culture that GLORIFIES a symbol of SLAVERY?!
    You are the one that wants to make it mean that for everyone. And lets be honest, shall we? For all your bleating and braying, large populations of blacks in this country are struggling and even dying...whther that flag is blowing in the breeze or not. Your ridiculous emphasis is precisely the reason blacks in America are so consistently ****ed.

  6. #1256
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,264

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    MOST Southerners do not view flag with the same sentiment you and/or others assign it.
    That might be true. But if i was in Germany and i put up a swastika flag and said "to me, it stands for rainbows and lollipops," that'd be a pretty terrible excuse based in complete ignorance of history that insults and degrades an entire race of people.

  7. #1257
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,264

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseLoverGirl View Post
    So you don't want to know the truth. Figures people think that way.
    I'm sorry, but you do not have exclusive access to truth, and i will not let one book overwrite the overwhelming unanimity of academic textbooks on the subject.

    It's ironic, because it is you who refuse to pursue truth.

  8. #1258
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,683

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    Oh, good, so if my grandfather was racist, then i'm a racist too. And if i was a racist before, i'll be a racist for the rest of my life, i'm not allowed to change my mind.
    Not anywhere close to what I was saying....

    But keep avoiding the facts and changing the discussion if you want.

  9. #1259
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    46,104

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    That might be true. But if i was in Germany and i put up a swastika flag and said "to me, it stands for rainbows and lollipops," that'd be a pretty terrible excuse based in complete ignorance of history that insults and degrades an entire race of people.
    Whatever you say chief. If you are foolish enough to equate the two, be my guest. Theres a "Black Lives Matter" or a gay pride parade or a pro abortion march somewhere you can join when this all dies down.

  10. #1260
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-29-16 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,808

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    No, that article did NOT back that claim. Hence my justifiable confusion.
    Really:

    Yet when each state left the Union, its leaders made clear that they were seceding because they were for slavery and against states’ rights. In its “Declaration of the Causes Which Impel the State of Texas to Secede From the Federal Union,” for example, the secession convention of Texas listed the states that had offended the delegates: “Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan and Iowa.” Governments there had exercised states’ rights by passing laws that interfered with the federal government’s attempts to enforce the Fugitive Slave Act. Some no longer let slave owners “transit” across their territory with slaves. “States’ rights” were what Texas was seceding against. Texas also made clear what it was seceding for — white supremacy:
    That above is what taints the flag.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •