View Poll Results: Should the Confederate Flag be abolished?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    55 29.57%
  • No

    131 70.43%
Page 124 of 270 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2695

Thread: Confederate Flag[W:1518,2230, 2241]

  1. #1231
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    67,063

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Like with Moot....

    Overt and Widespread racism is just that.....

    By claiming "it wasn't equal though!!" you for one are changing the reason why I brought it up to begin with... to show the civil war had absolutely nothing to do with race...... and had everything to do with economy vs pride (later morality).
    I am sure you are convinced that race has nothing to do with it. The fact that you willfully ignore that black folks' heritage is being owned like cattle, proves this. Sure, there were other aspects to the war, but you can't whitewash the racial component out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    And two... You are making excuses so you can then continue to justify your "hatin' on the south" attitude.

    We get it, you hate the south......
    Eat a Snickers. You know how you get...

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Black Americans (African-Americans if you are PC) disagree with you.... as they are more economically successful in the south, than in any other region in the US.
    There is still plenty of poverty in the south. But that is progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  2. #1232
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,124

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I've said the same thing.... however.....

    It is displayed at a confederate monument in FRONT of the State Capitol on a much smaller pole than that on the top of the ACTUAL State House.
    It was front and center at the SC Statehouse grounds.

    It comes down

    tomorrow.

    At 10AM

  3. #1233
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,124

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Oh...Before I forget...(and really didn't have enough character space in my previous post)....

    What about the flag of England?



    What about the flag of France?



    What about the Netherland's?



    What about Portugal's Flag?



    And of course...there was Spain...but I don't have enough character space.

    Top 6 Countries That Grew Filthy Rich From Enslaving Black People - Atlanta Blackstar

    Just sayin....

    Thanks, mate...
    Which was the only country that fought a bloody battle, killing hundreds of thousand with those who sought to preserve, protect and expand slavery

    to finally abolish it?


    Just sayin...

  4. #1234
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    46,177

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Im not get twisted or outraged of the Confederate flag. I shared my view just as you have in this same thread. And you have made many more posts in this thread than I have, what does that say about you?

    A quick search shows that you have been bitching up a storm at people bitching about the Confederate flag. http://www.debatepolitics.com/search...archid=4573850
    So it seems that you are the one getting all worked up.

    Its just a the flag of the army that the US defeated. Get over it. If you want to fly any flag on your private property have at it. Anything on public property is going to be debated by people with differing views. You bitching about views that dont match yours is rather ignorant. How about instead of bitching that you offer a legit explanation as to why the Confederate flag in your opinion doesnt represent slavery directly?
    I am a bit 'worked' up' about it. I grew up in the south. I lived within and among many people that flew that flag and racism was the farthest thing from our mind. My community was poor and mixed. I dont deny some that celebrate the Confederate flag are racist. I dont deny some that wrap themselves up in the American flag are racist. I think people that have seized on this 'cause' and think the Confederate flag is relevant when black America is experiencing every manner of social ill in the north, south, east, and west are complete ****ing morons. So yeah. I push back. Thats my nature.

    Ive said it before. If the people of SC or any other state in the south wish to change their flag or choose to not fly flags on their state buildings, they should choose to do so. They just shouldnt allow themselves to be coerced by a bunch of race baiting ****heads and their supporting bands of morons.

  5. #1235
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    20,018

    Re: Confederate Flag

    kW
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    Which was the only country that fought a bloody battle, killing hundreds of thousand with those who sought to preserve, protect and expand slavery

    to finally abolish it?




    Just sayin...
    Well, I really wished I'd headed my post with PART II. My previous post would offers a more clear perspective regarding my personal position.

    But what you replied to...point taken. Thanks
    The theory that the U.S. Government has systematically been dumbing down the citizens for many decades has now been proven on November 8, 2016. In fact, not only proven, but quantified.

  6. #1236
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    26,399

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Oh...Before I forget...(and really didn't have enough character space in my previous post)....

    What about the flag of England?



    What about the flag of France?



    What about the Netherland's?



    What about Portugal's Flag?



    And of course...there was Spain...but I don't have enough character space.

    Top 6 Countries That Grew Filthy Rich From Enslaving Black People - Atlanta Blackstar

    Just sayin....

    Thanks, mate...
    If you want to make a case for history, any of those flags could be flown over a number of different states. Except maybe Portugal. Yet nobody says "Well it's our history, we have to fly it" about those flags.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I smell hosiery....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I call my wife a slut

  7. #1237
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,411

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Oh...Before I forget...(and really didn't have enough character space in my previous post)....

    What about the flag of England?

    What about the flag of France?
    I agreed with most of your previous post but not this part. The problem is the Confederate flag has two histories, and when it was raised over the State of SC and other Southern states, adopted by the Dixiecrats, etc. it meant this:

    Confederate Flag[W:1518,2230, 2241]-corbis-bob_cherry_kkk_rockabilly-jpg

    Not this:


  8. #1238
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,683

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Sheesh, your denial is deep. In this picture, the sign and the flag stand for the same thing. Wave either one and your position is clear:



    In your example, the Yankee banner never stood for segregation.

    If the Yankees had raised a different banner to fly under the Yankees banner to protest integrating the major leagues, and white racists in the stands calling out "n****r" all held that banner, damn right THAT banner would represent racism, support for segregation, etc.


    Your picture means nothing.

  9. #1239
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,683

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    I am sure you are convinced that race has nothing to do with it. The fact that you willfully ignore that black folks' heritage is being owned like cattle, proves this. Sure, there were other aspects to the war, but you can't whitewash the racial component out.
    Im not whitewashing the racism. Im claiming racism existed on both sides, therefore I'm negating the fact that the civil war had anything to do with people who loved black people vs evil racists.

  10. #1240
    Repentless
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,602

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I am a bit 'worked' up' about it. I grew up in the south. I lived within and among many people that flew that flag and racism was the farthest thing from our mind. My community was poor and mixed. I dont deny some that celebrate the Confederate flag are racist. I dont deny some that wrap themselves up in the American flag are racist. I think people that have seized on this 'cause' and think the Confederate flag is relevant when black America is experiencing every manner of social ill in the north, south, east, and west are complete ****ing morons. So yeah. I push back. Thats my nature.

    Ive said it before. If the people of SC or any other state in the south wish to change their flag or choose to not fly flags on their state buildings, they should choose to do so. They just shouldnt allow themselves to be coerced by a bunch of race baiting ****heads and their supporting bands of morons.
    You know how you just said that some people celebrate a flag for one reason and some for another? Well some people do not celebrate flags for one reason and some for another. Dont lump me in with those morons you are annoyed with.


    Btw there isnt many Germans using a flag of a faction that destroyed their country as a symbol of their heritage. Think about how stupid it would be for Germans to fly Nazi flags celebrating their heritage. I suspect that Jews would be highly offended by such a thing. So it is no surprise that African Americans are upset about a flag from a faction that went to war for a States right to keep black people as slaves, for as long as they could. That sounds a lot worse than the North and their not knowing what to do with freemen of African decent. Oh thats right Lincoln figured out that they should be allowed to vote.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •