View Poll Results: Should the Confederate Flag be abolished?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    55 29.57%
  • No

    131 70.43%
Page 121 of 270 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 2695

Thread: Confederate Flag[W:1518,2230, 2241]

  1. #1201
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,683

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    It sure as hell didn't start with reconstruction. This is from 1861, before the Civil War started:
    OMG...Because You decide to jump into my posts, not knowing that I already compared BOTH the north and south as racist prior to and during the civil war, now I have to retype every thing I said, and then proceed to explain it to you, the newcomer to my posts apparently, what my intention for this post was?

    Listen.... Im not going to keep responding to you if you are going to keep ASSuming that because I didn't mention something (like im supposed to be writing a god damned book of the entire history of every racist thing ever said or done) doesn't mean im ignoring it, or that Im claming it didn't happen.

    My comments as to reconstruction had more to do with the activity that occurred, and the attitudes it generated then were passed down from offspring to offspring......... moving us right into your favorite time period that you won't let me fail to mention in ever post.... Jim Crow.

    Reconstruction period gave white people a target to blame, and because of this it continued the attitude towards blacks that didn't get passed on in the North like it did in the South.



    If I forgot some part that you want to bring up and throw in my face.... go read a sociology hate whitey book, and just pretend I posted it.

    Im out... done responding to your trivial bull****.

  2. #1202
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    26,356

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    The fact that you can't see that southerners aren't pointing out slaves in the North to JUSTIFY slavery tells me all I need to know about how you view this subject.

    There is no JUSTIFICATION for Slavery. Southerners are simply pointing out the ignorance in this silly northern version of history that the civil war was about the evil evil racist slave holding south vs the good, noble, everyone is equal north.

    The suggestion that it "wasn't as bad" or "they weren't as racist" (with no evidence of such) is actually a pathetic attempt at justifying the "goodness" and "awesomeness" of the North in this fictional history story that people like to tell.
    If there's no justification for slavery, there's no justification for the Confederacy. If there's no justification for the Confederacy, there's no justification for its flag.

    In your rush to emotion, you effectively nullified your own argument.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I smell hosiery....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I call my wife a slut

  3. #1203
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    46,104

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Why did you say, "New York was the main hub for slavery"? Were you trying to suggest that the north had more slaves than the south or something?
    Read the history. New York was a marketplace. Even when their slavery numbers were 'only' around 20k, they were still handling ships until the end of that practice was forced on them, and sales until that also was forced to be stopped.

    Ive never suggested they had more...only that if you are looking at HISTORY vs the hysteria so many of you apply, then you will see...no one comes out unscathed.

    And BTW...since you insist on applying that stink to all southerners that support the flag of the Confederacy, didnt YOU at one time live in California? Are you a native?

  4. #1204
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,683

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So you really had nothing to say, just felt like you had to lash out?
    Pointing out another of the fallacies of modern history that make Lincoln out to be this awesome good honest leader man.....

    He was nothing of the sort..... And had it not been for the ending of slavery (which happened after he died btw)..... Lincoln would have been known as the guy who nearly turned us back into a country ruled by a tyrant.

  5. #1205
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,683

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Why did you say, "New York was the main hub for slavery"? Were you trying to suggest that the north had more slaves than the south or something?
    Are you still not getting it....

    The numbers don't matter.

    1 Slave and 20 Slaves are equally immoral.

  6. #1206
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    26,356

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Pointing out another of the fallacies of modern history that make Lincoln out to be this awesome good honest leader man.....

    He was nothing of the sort..... And had it not been for the ending of slavery (which happened after he died btw)..... Lincoln would have been known as the guy who nearly turned us back into a country ruled by a tyrant.
    When did Lincoln become anathema to his own party?

    You replied to nothing in my post, just ranted about how evil Lincoln was. Did his election lead to secession or not?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I smell hosiery....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I call my wife a slut

  7. #1207
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,029

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    The fact that you can't see that southerners aren't pointing out slaves in the North to JUSTIFY slavery tells me all I need to know about how you view this subject.
    Did you know that pointing out that the north had slaves was an argument used by the south to justify slavery?

    There is no JUSTIFICATION for Slavery. Southerners are simply pointing out the ignorance in this silly northern version of history that the civil war was about the evil evil racist slave holding south vs the good, noble, everyone is equal north.
    Well, slavery is evil. So it stands to reason that those who fought for slavery were more evil.

    The suggestion that it "wasn't as bad" or "they weren't as racist" (with no evidence of such) is actually a pathetic attempt at justifying the "goodness" and "awesomeness" of the North in this fictional history story that people like to tell.
    I can you show a whole list of the South's denials, excuses, blaming and demonizing the North...


    Lost Cause of the South - RationalWiki

  8. #1208
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,683

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    If there's no justification for slavery, there's no justification for the Confederacy. If there's no justification for the Confederacy, there's no justification for its flag.

    In your rush to emotion, you effectively nullified your own argument.
    I don't recall claiming that the Confederacy was right......or that Slavery was right....

    The Flag is A) Part of our nation's history and B) Part of our region's history.
    There are plenty of "Regional Symbols" throughout the US. This one happens to be the one for the south.

    It would be like the Yankees baseball team changing their logo, and people who love being a New Yorker (because yes, the NY Yankees logo is often used as a "symbol" of New York by non baseball fans) being told their old Yankees hat or "flag" offends everyone because its the symbol the Yankees used during the days when blacks weren't allowed in baseball or some such nonsense.

  9. #1209
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,029

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Are you still not getting it....

    The numbers don't matter.

    1 Slave and 20 Slaves are equally immoral.

    The numbers mattered when the southerners wanted to count slaves as 3/5 of person for voting.

  10. #1210
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    46,104

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Yes, you're right. Secession had nothing to do with Lincoln or slavery
    Is that what that said?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •