View Poll Results: Should the Confederate Flag be abolished?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    55 29.57%
  • No

    131 70.43%
Page 119 of 270 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 2695

Thread: Confederate Flag[W:1518,2230, 2241]

  1. #1181
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,683

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    What?? Oh man. You poor thing!! It's so tough to be a bigot these days where those pesky minorities are always pointing out how baselessly inhumane it is!!
    You forgot to add....

    While doing the same thing and never being called out on it.......

    Minorities are much better at being bigots because nobody will call it out for what it is...


    But, as I am a white male.....


  2. #1182
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,683

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    Is this supposed to somehow automagically justify the use of the confederate flag?

    And the north didn't abolish slavery because it wasn't economically viable. That's pure ignorance. They abolished slavery because (1) everyone knew free labor is exploitative (2) they were not economically dependent on it (it was 'easy' for them to change).
    ROFL:

    You say they didn't abolish slavery because it wasn't economically viable...

    Then in #2 you pretty much state they did it because it wasn't economically viable....

  3. #1183
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    46,155

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Why are you trying to compare slavery in New York to slavery in the South?
    I in no way compared anything to anything.

    Shouldnt you be researching some form of evidence demonstrating I am justifying slavery? Or is that yet another one of your failed arguments you are going to just let quietly slip away?

  4. #1184
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,683

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    LOL, yes, due to the actions of several groups, such as the legislatures and Governors who passed and enforced Jim Crow laws, the cops who ignored lynchings of blacks, winked at or participated in vigilante justice, the election administrators who kept blacks off the voting rolls, therefore off juries, unable to even run for office, etc......

    It's soo unfair that my region gets tarred with being racists and white supremacists. We only oppressed blacks for 100 years after the Civil War.....
    Uhh... I went back farther in history than you did and you want to be a smart ass???

    Care to address what I said afterwards, or are you too busy just being a "I hate the south" poster????

  5. #1185
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,683

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    LOL, says the guy who blames the South's racist reputation on a few years after reconstruction and not the state sanctioned discrimination against blacks for the entire 100 years following the Civil War....
    LOL Says the guy who read into my post that I claimed it was an all inclusive list of wrongs done to black people in the south.

    Here is a hint... my purpose wasn't to give an entire ****ing history lesson, it was to show where the mental state of racist southerners STARTED.


    Clearly, you are just here to be "hating on the south".... so I'll leave you to your ignorant ass assumptions.

  6. #1186
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,363

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Uhh... I went back farther in history than you did and you want to be a smart ass???

    Care to address what I said afterwards, or are you too busy just being a "I hate the south" poster????
    No, what you did is ignored Southern history from the Civil War and immediate aftermath through my lifetime, the 50s and 60s. The reason we have a reputation for racism in the current era is because of what we stood for in the 20th century, and what the Rebel flag was raised to symbolize in 1961 - continuation of Jim Crow.

    And I love the South, it's my home, and I've lived here my entire life. And because I love this area and the vast majority of its people I can't wait for this relic of a shameful history to be buried forever except in the same venues that display "whites only" signs - museums and the like. Defending the Rebel flag is, IMO, defending what it stood for when the SC LEGISLATURE raised it on their capital, which is for second class treatment of black citizens. No matter what an individual white person thinks when he flies the Rebel flag, the rest of the world can't distinguish him from a closet KKKer, and I can't either.

  7. #1187
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,683

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    It had to do first and foremost with slavery..... At least that's what the states said at the time, that's what the VP of the Confederacy said, "Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition."
    And what did the institution of Slavery protect for Southerners?

    The profitability of their agricultural economy?

    Yep.


    Also that bit about the negro not being equal to the white man.... Abraham Lincoln said that **** too.....


  8. #1188
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,363

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    LOL Says the guy who read into my post that I claimed it was an all inclusive list of wrongs done to black people in the south.

    Here is a hint... my purpose wasn't to give an entire ****ing history lesson, it was to show where the mental state of racist southerners STARTED.

    Clearly, you are just here to be "hating on the south".... so I'll leave you to your ignorant ass assumptions.
    It sure as hell didn't start with reconstruction. This is from 1861, before the Civil War started:

    Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition

  9. #1189
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,683

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    It's interesting that the southern apologists want to forget about the 100 years following the Civil war and the Jim Crow era.
    Im pretty certain my comments you responded to in THIS post were talking about the Civil War.... in a thread talking about the Confederate Flag... and were in response to the topic of slavery....


    Unless my history is off... which im sure in this case its not..... The topic you are angry at me for not mentioning happened decades later...

    But.. you know... I could be wrong.

  10. #1190
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,029

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Slavery is slavery......

    People always have to try to find a way to say, "OH YEAH... BUT IT WAS WORSE IN THE SOUFFF!!"

    And by that very notion, you don't give a **** about the issue you claim to care about...... You only prove that your only care in the debate is "hatin' the south"
    Hardly. Southerners like to point out there was a few slaves in the north to justify the 4 million slaves they had in the south. Slavery was a lot different in the south just by its sheer volume.....


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •