View Poll Results: Should the Confederate Flag be abolished?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    55 29.57%
  • No

    131 70.43%
Page 118 of 270 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 2695

Thread: Confederate Flag[W:1518,2230, 2241]

  1. #1171
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,683

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I may be alone in this assessment...

    Removing the Confederate flag from statehouse is a good thing, and probably overdue. Especially considering that in SC it only went up in 1962 in response to Civil Rights.

    However, it seems the hysteria has gone a bit overboard. Restricting it everywhere is way too much.

    It's place in history should be honored, but to say that history is without racism is extremely dishonest. The whole Confederacy only started because a President was elected who had this notion that black people were people.
    Not equal people mind you........ just people....

    And sometimes... people who should be shipped back to Africa.

    Just saying... people like to ignore the **** Lincoln said (whites should be superior, blacks should be transported back to Africa) and did (wrecked the constitution, shut down newspapers, acted without congress in matters too numerous to count, let his generals burn cities and soldiers rape/pillage) all because he was anti-slavery and "freed the slaves" (although lets be honest, he did no such thing).

  2. #1172
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,343

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I got as far as "Professor of Sociology" and already doubted it.

    Sociology is a "study" of how evil whitey is.... that is pretty much the entirety of it. Sure they throw some other **** in there to mask the fact that its purpose is to spread white guilt over some **** the vast majority of white people have absolutely no control over.
    LOL, says the guy who blames the South's racist reputation on a few years after reconstruction and not the state sanctioned discrimination against blacks for the entire 100 years following the Civil War....

  3. #1173
    u mad, snowflake?
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TITANPOINTE, NYC
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,609

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Perhaps because we know the GOP candidate will vote for it and will enthusiastically support TPP.

    IT's a democrat proposal, you can't blame the right for it. /facepalm


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  4. #1174
    u mad, snowflake?
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TITANPOINTE, NYC
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,609

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Of course she's for it. It's likely that all the Republicans in the race are also.


    I think some are. many arent'. not sure tho.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  5. #1175
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,683

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Why are you trying to compare slavery in New York to slavery in the South?
    Slavery is slavery......

    People always have to try to find a way to say, "OH YEAH... BUT IT WAS WORSE IN THE SOUFFF!!"

    And by that very notion, you don't give a **** about the issue you claim to care about...... You only prove that your only care in the debate is "hatin' the south"

  6. #1176
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,683

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    While the north and south were both racist, I wouldn't say it was equal.
    Like with Moot....

    Overt and Widespread racism is just that.....

    By claiming "it wasn't equal though!!" you for one are changing the reason why I brought it up to begin with... to show the civil war had absolutely nothing to do with race...... and had everything to do with economy vs pride (later morality).

    And two... You are making excuses so you can then continue to justify your "hatin' on the south" attitude.

    We get it, you hate the south......

    Black Americans (African-Americans if you are PC) disagree with you.... as they are more economically successful in the south, than in any other region in the US.

  7. #1177
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,343

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    IT's a democrat proposal, you can't blame the right for it. /facepalm
    Actually we entered into the TPP negotiations in 2008. And if you look at those who objected to fast track, most of them were democrats, and I'm guessing all the "liberals."

    But I think we agree it's a "corporate America" proposal and both parties have enough puppets of the Fortune 500 that neither party can afford to throw stones in issues like this, which are rare "bipartisan" affairs!

  8. #1178
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,343

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Like with Moot....

    Overt and Widespread racism is just that.....

    By claiming "it wasn't equal though!!" you for one are changing the reason why I brought it up to begin with... to show the civil war had absolutely nothing to do with race...... and had everything to do with economy vs pride (later morality).
    It had to do first and foremost with slavery..... At least that's what the states said at the time, that's what the VP of the Confederacy said, "Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition."

  9. #1179
    u mad, snowflake?
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TITANPOINTE, NYC
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,609

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Actually we entered into the TPP negotiations in 2008. And if you look at those who objected to fast track, most of them were democrats, and I'm guessing all the "liberals."
    how are you blaming the right then for tpp in 2008?

    they are no better, but you folks really need to start looking at your own as well.


    But I think we agree it's a "corporate America" proposal and both parties have enough puppets of the Fortune 500 that neither party can afford to throw stones in issues like this, which are rare "bipartisan" affairs!
    This is our reality.

    both party are corportist whores. cronie capitalism, is not capitalism.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  10. #1180
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,343

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Slavery is slavery......

    People always have to try to find a way to say, "OH YEAH... BUT IT WAS WORSE IN THE SOUFFF!!"

    And by that very notion, you don't give a **** about the issue you claim to care about...... You only prove that your only care in the debate is "hatin' the south"
    It's interesting that the southern apologists want to forget about the 100 years following the Civil war and the Jim Crow era.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •