View Poll Results: Should the Confederate Flag be abolished?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    55 29.57%
  • No

    131 70.43%
Page 115 of 270 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 2695

Thread: Confederate Flag[W:1518,2230, 2241]

  1. #1141
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    67,053

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    What about today? Would you say the racism market is cornered in one region vs the other?
    I wouldn't say it is cornered by a region. I would give rural America the edge though. That includes north and south.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  2. #1142
    Guru
    digitusmedius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,893

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Nah bro, I got a masters degree.


    You?
    Doctorate

  3. #1143
    Guru
    digitusmedius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,893

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post

    Now, will you be answering the question, I am assuming it's "yes" but you would expect others to hand out the beat downs, MIRITE?
    Right after you tell us how you know what happened before the video rolled. As you were the one who opened this area of discussion.

  4. #1144
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    46,104

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    I wouldn't say it is cornered by a region. I would give rural America the edge though. That includes north and south.
    I would have said Urban areas across the country are a bit more racist...especially with some of the conflict between black and brown...but I agree its a universal construct. Which is why, to me, this emphasis on the Confederate flag is such a ridiculous side-show.

  5. #1145
    u mad, snowflake?
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TITANPOINTE, NYC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,609

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by digitusmedius View Post
    Doctorate


    lol, You should request a refund, Doctor.



    Quote Originally Posted by digitusmedius View Post
    Right after you tell us how you know what happened before the video rolled. As you were the one who opened this area of discussion.

    You've already answered, doctor, by refusing to answer, you believe yes, politically incorrect speech should be met with violence. You don't get to dictate when you refuse to do any heavy lifting yourself. Sorry charly.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  6. #1146
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,029

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Apparently, it's the other way around these days. All the minority political lobby's got to do is stomp their little feet, and we're expected to bend over backwards to appease their easily bruised egos, regardless of what we happen to think on the matter.
    Don't you mean Hobby Lobby?

  7. #1147
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,088

    Re: Confederate Flag

    My favorite defense of those supporting the 'heritage' argument is that they consider it a symbol of never surrendering, 150 years after they surrendered.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  8. #1148
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,029

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Slavery was practiced throughout history, around the globe, and in virtually every race. Times changed. People changed. The South also would have changed. The north practiced slavery. They stopped primarily because it was no longer economically viable. Just because the north didnt want the south to have slaves didnt mean the north wanted freed slaves there.

    point? Everyones history has a bit of stink on it. Relax.
    78% of all slaves in America were in the South. The north doesn't even begin to compare to the stench of slavery in the south. In the mid 1800s, the north was starting to industrialize and whites didn't want to compete with blacks for their jobs and that's why slavery never really took hold.

    If you continue to read about the war only through southern eyes its a guarantee that you'll almost always be wrong.

  9. #1149
    User Athrawan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    03-18-16 @ 09:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    140

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Ello, Mate...from Byron Bay, Australia.

    Bod, you're right. The American Flag flew for a long time when slavery was not only legal, but was the reason so many people like Washington and Jefferson were able to grow their wealth as they did. Washington was worth $500 Million (in today's money) and Jefferson somewhere about $200 Million. Jefferson not only used slaves for labor, but bred and sold slaves.

    Until the Civil Right Act 1964 - blacks were still almost slaves. They were free - but with very limited means.
    G'Day,mate. There are many flags that flew representing countries whose record on equality left much to be desired. The fundamental difference between those countries and the Confederate States of America, is that they did not make the slavery of another race a fundamental clause in their instrument of government, while the Confederacy made it integral to their Constituion.

  10. #1150
    User Athrawan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    03-18-16 @ 09:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    140

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Should the Confederate Flag be removed/abolished?

    I say no. The argument is that it represents racism and slavery. That is stupid. So does the American Flag.
    The fundamental difference is that the Confederacy made the enslavement of another race an integral part of their Constitution. It stands to reason that the Confederate flag is as much a symbol of racism & the enslavement of an "inferior" race as the flag of Nazi Germany.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •